Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m looking forwards to it as well. 
 

Gareth has a hard choice picking an XI to win this. 
 

For me, TAA makes the team, never mind the squad, as we have no better set piece taker. When you have the options of Maguire, Stones, Rice, Walker, Kane etc you need to take the person who can actually deliver a quality ball into the box. 
 

We do lack a decent decent goalkeeper. I think Maguire / Stones are good enough, however appreciate I’m most likely in the minority on that. Both were good enough to reach a European club final. 
 

Kane is great, it’s the choice behind him, like others have said. Rashford will be seen as undroppable, however he’s been on poor form. I’m hoping he plays Grealish, as he offers more as an all round game. Sancho hasn’t offered much for England so far, however he needs to start along with Mount. 
 

Rice occupies the holding role in midfield. I’m not 100% sold to be honest, however we don’t have a lot of other options. If he doesn’t make the fitness cut, we’ll be blessed with Phillips, which would be a downgrade whichever way you cut it. 
 

Chilwell gets the left back slot, which is harsh on Shaw as he’s had a great season. Winners mentality though. 
 

                        Pickford

 

            Walker, Maguire, Stones

TAA                                              Chilwell

                          Rice

 

          Mount               Grealish
                         
                  Sancho

 

                          Kane

 

 

 

Foden for Grealish and I’m pretty happy with that team to be fair. 

Posted

I think the fact it's arrived with the start of things properly getting back to normal again, as well as it being the longest wait we've ever had for an international tournament (not including not qualifying for one). I'm excited for it as well even if I do think the manager is crap.

Posted

I'd understand being worried about Alexander-Arnold defensively if we have a back 4 with Stones also on the right side. But I'd still have him in the squad. 

 

But if we play wing backs and not pick him it's ridiculous. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Trent is four times the player Kyle Walker is. All round

Yeah, Walker's pace gets him out of trouble a lot of times.

Posted

According to reports....

 

The 7 players to be left out of the England squad by Gareth Southgate are Ramsdale, White, Godfrey, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ward-Prowse, Saka and Watkins

  • Sad 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, Bert said:

According to reports....

 

The 7 players to be left out of the England squad by Gareth Southgate are Ramsdale, White, Godfrey, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ward-Prowse, Saka and Watkins

I'd have Watkins up front with Kane but our man Southgate will go with just the one up front so he can play two holding men. Absolute shit.

 

Trent and Saka should both make the squad. Sterling should be one of those whose place is up for grabs but of course he'll go.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd have Watkins up front with Kane but our man Southgate will go with just the one up front so he can play two holding men. Absolute shit.

 

Trent and Saka should both make the squad. Sterling should be one of those whose place is up for grabs but of course he'll go.

Sterling has looked wank for months how is he still in the squad? What a joke. How can you get excited about a tournament with this negative nanny in charge.

  • Like 1
Posted

I understand the likes of Sterling bring stuck with. Very few international managers would bring in new players at this stage. 

 

For nothing against Trippier, solid player and Walker has his moments when he gets running but neither should be picked ahead of Alexander-arnold. I reckon part of it is how many times Trent has withdrew from squads, and I am sort of with Southgate on that. 

Posted

Watkins is four times the player DCL is (for example) but I’d take them both. Saka I don’t rate but I’ve not seen enough tbh. 
 

Sterling can do one imho

Posted
12 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Watkins is four times the player DCL is (for example) but I’d take them both. Saka I don’t rate but I’ve not seen enough tbh. 
 

Sterling can do one imho

For me DCL is a great different option if we are chasing games. We have too many like Watkins who will run the channels. 

  • Like 2
Posted

The press didn't react well to Alexander-Arnold being left out before, Southgate has put a lot of pressure on his head with that move.

 

I'd even have Ward-Prowse in for his set-piece and penalty taking which may be needed.

Posted
Just now, theessexfox said:

That mean Lingard goes I guess - would have thought we have enough in his position 


I'm not too annoyed by that to be honest, he's always done alright for England and he's in scintillating form.

Posted

The packed nervousness of the pub. People that don’t like football in the swing of it. Sun shining. Beer flowing. Beer flying everywhere. How can you not get excited about an international tournament? 

  • Like 2
Guest ttfn
Posted
56 minutes ago, Corky said:

The press didn't react well to Alexander-Arnold being left out before, Southgate has put a lot of pressure on his head with that move.

 

I'd even have Ward-Prowse in for his set-piece and penalty taking which may be needed.

You’ve got to find room for Ward-Prowse in a 26 man squad.

 

With Grealish and his (ahem) knack for winning free kicks, having one of the best set piece takers in the game on the bench would be a great option if chasing a game. 5 subs as well.

Posted
2 hours ago, Bert said:

According to reports....

 

The 7 players to be left out of the England squad by Gareth Southgate are Ramsdale, White, Godfrey, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ward-Prowse, Saka and Watkins

I cannot for the life of me work out why he doesn't rate TAA, its astonishing.

 

The rest I understand, probably would keep Watkins and bin DCL but then again as Bert says the only time Watkins or DCL play is when we're chasing a game and I'd want DCL in there for his aerial ability.

 

TAA is world class at set pieces and this team is still very reliant on goals from them so it's bizarre not to pick the best at them in the PL.

  • Like 2
Posted
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I cannot for the life of me work out why he doesn't rate TAA, its astonishing.

 

The rest I understand, probably would keep Watkins and bin DCL but then again as Bert says the only time Watkins or DCL play is when we're chasing a game and I'd want DCL in there for his aerial ability.

 

TAA is world class at set pieces and this team is still very reliant on goals from them so it's bizarre not to pick the best at them in the PL.

Surely the only thing you can think is that he’s a bit suspect defensively and we all know that Southgate is going to set up with a much more defensive mindset. But Like you say, Trent is by far and away the best we have for set pieces yet he’s happy to bin him off. It’s bizarre. 

  • Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...