Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Patrick Bamford on LUFC’s official podcast: “If he [Ben White] would have stayed at Leeds, he would probably be in the England squad. It’s one of them.”

 

Well, this is awkward...

  • Haha 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Without Pope who is the number 1 then, surely to Pitsford?

 

We almost have too many options out wide and in attacking midfield, I keep switching who I think should play, can't settle on the combination. 

 

Henderson

 

Trippier or TAA

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

 

Rice

Bellingham or Mount

 

Foden 

Mount or Grealish

Grealish or Rashford

 

Kane

 

Depends how sensible/flexible he is.

 

When we play scotland and czechs we should play Trent/Trippier 

When we play Croatia i'd argue we should switch to a 5 with Walker RCB and Trippier on the right

And as the tournament progresses base it on who we are playing... this is why I think he will take 3/4 or even 4/4 of the RB's as he can pass two of them off as RCB options in a 5

 

Sounds like there's still a question mark as to whether Henderson will make it at all, testing him out in these friendlies i'd assume. If he doesn't make it though there's no chance he goes with your midfield two above, he'll go with Phillips and Rice because he'll be terrified without hendo.

Posted
5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We have the best wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers in the world, it's absolutely extraordinary. Yet we've got without question the most inept manager out of the big nations and we will be all over the place once again. 

 

Infuriating.

I'd kill to have Bielsa in charge of this England squad for a tournament. It'd be insane

Posted
7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We have the best wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers in the world, it's absolutely extraordinary. Yet we've got without question the most inept manager out of the big nations and we will be all over the place once again. 

 

Infuriating.

De Bruyne and Lewandowski are English?! wtf

  • Haha 1
Posted

On current form I’d have Foden - Kane - Sancho. Rashford looks really poor at the moment, think he hasn’t been fit for months and looks really out of sorts, especially against a deep defence. 

Posted

Southgate had a dream

To destroy a football team

Happened to be the f**** national side 

We play from the back, we can't f**** attack

European Champions

We'll never sing that!

 

Woah woah woah :scarf:

  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, theessexfox said:

On current form I’d have Foden - Kane - Sancho. Rashford looks really poor at the moment, think he hasn’t been fit for months and looks really out of sorts, especially against a deep defence. 

Hoping for the exact same. Both Foden and Sancho have been electric lately and could be a real asset for us. 

But I expect to see Sterling and Rashford line up in the starting 11

Edited by UniFox21
Posted

It's a curious one, there's so many options out wide and in attacking midfield that even if Southgate takes his foot off the brake he might still fail to pick the right combination. Samcho has yet to really turn up at international level and yet again we are heading in to a major tournament where Raheem Sterling is out of form compared to some of the heights he's hit in between the major tournaments where he was world class.

 

I think I agree that Rashford is absolutely bollocksed at the minute and he is likely best placed as an impact sub, so that leaves Grealish or Sterling as the LW and I hope Jack gets the friendlies to show he's back up to full fitness and ruthless.

 

On the right it has to be Foden, unless we go Grealish/Sterling, Foden, Sancho behind Kane with then a midfield 2 of Rice and Bellingham/Mount but is that midfield 2 anywhere near protective enough for Gareth? He'll want Rice and Henderson which then means it's one of Bellingham, Mount or Foden in the ACM role.

 

Obviously if we go 5 at the back then it becomes even more turgid and there will be a lot of Flair players kicking their heels on the bench.

 

I think I've settled on going 4 at the back but TAA doesn't start and have someone more defensive such as Walker or Trippier there.

Posted

There is absolutely no way Southgate starts the first game with Mount not in the 11. 

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, Bert said:

There is absolutely no way Southgate starts the first game with Mount not in the 11. 

There's no way any manager would. He's an unreal player.

Posted
1 minute ago, Riot Van said:

There's no way any manager would. He's an unreal player.

I never understood the hype around him at first but the more I’ve watched him the more I’m beginning to like him. Unreal is a bit extreme though. 

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I never understood the hype around him at first but the more I’ve watched him the more I’m beginning to like him. Unreal is a bit extreme though. 

Me neither even at the start of this season but have watched a lot of chelsea recently. Just get that kind of world class feel about him with the way he plays, also only 22. 

Posted

Mount is very good but isn’t really very creative.

 

                   Kane

Grealish  ↔️  Foden  Sancho

  Phillips/Bellingham Henderson

Shaw    Stones   Maguire   TAA

                   Pope

 

We don’t have the personnel for 532/523 just exacerbates our worst qualities but Southgate’s brain goes on a spin cycle and doesn’t seem to notice.

 

The deeper midfielders are really lacking, we have so much possession but it’s wasted with uncreative CM/DMs. Phillips is probably the best passer but hasn’t really excelled for England yet. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Bert said:

Why am I so excited for this tournament? 

It's very difficult not to every major tournament, a mix of childhood nostalgia and legendary swigs in your late teens and early twenties.

 

We need this, we all do.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very difficult not to every major tournament, a mix of childhood nostalgia and legendary swigs in your late teens and early twenties.

 

We need this, we all do.

I don’t know what it is. But buzzing for three games a day to start with. 

  • Like 3
Posted

I’m looking forwards to it as well. 
 

Gareth has a hard choice picking an XI to win this. 
 

For me, TAA makes the team, never mind the squad, as we have no better set piece taker. When you have the options of Maguire, Stones, Rice, Walker, Kane etc you need to take the person who can actually deliver a quality ball into the box. 
 

We do lack a decent decent goalkeeper. I think Maguire / Stones are good enough, however appreciate I’m most likely in the minority on that. Both were good enough to reach a European club final. 
 

Kane is great, it’s the choice behind him, like others have said. Rashford will be seen as undroppable, however he’s been on poor form. I’m hoping he plays Grealish, as he offers more as an all round game. Sancho hasn’t offered much for England so far, however he needs to start along with Mount. 
 

Rice occupies the holding role in midfield. I’m not 100% sold to be honest, however we don’t have a lot of other options. If he doesn’t make the fitness cut, we’ll be blessed with Phillips, which would be a downgrade whichever way you cut it. 
 

Chilwell gets the left back slot, which is harsh on Shaw as he’s had a great season. Winners mentality though. 
 

                        Pickford

 

            Walker, Maguire, Stones

TAA                                              Chilwell

                          Rice

 

          Mount               Grealish
                         
                  Sancho

 

                          Kane

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m looking forwards to it as well. 
 

Gareth has a hard choice picking an XI to win this. 
 

For me, TAA makes the team, never mind the squad, as we have no better set piece taker. When you have the options of Maguire, Stones, Rice, Walker, Kane etc you need to take the person who can actually deliver a quality ball into the box. 
 

We do lack a decent decent goalkeeper. I think Maguire / Stones are good enough, however appreciate I’m most likely in the minority on that. Both were good enough to reach a European club final. 
 

Kane is great, it’s the choice behind him, like others have said. Rashford will be seen as undroppable, however he’s been on poor form. I’m hoping he plays Grealish, as he offers more as an all round game. Sancho hasn’t offered much for England so far, however he needs to start along with Mount. 
 

Rice occupies the holding role in midfield. I’m not 100% sold to be honest, however we don’t have a lot of other options. If he doesn’t make the fitness cut, we’ll be blessed with Phillips, which would be a downgrade whichever way you cut it. 
 

Chilwell gets the left back slot, which is harsh on Shaw as he’s had a great season. Winners mentality though. 
 

                        Pickford

 

            Walker, Maguire, Stones

TAA                                              Chilwell

                          Rice

 

          Mount               Grealish
                         
                  Sancho

 

                          Kane

 

 

 

Foden should be playing I think.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sly said:

I’m looking forwards to it as well. 
 

Gareth has a hard choice picking an XI to win this. 
 

For me, TAA makes the team, never mind the squad, as we have no better set piece taker. When you have the options of Maguire, Stones, Rice, Walker, Kane etc you need to take the person who can actually deliver a quality ball into the box. 
 

We do lack a decent decent goalkeeper. I think Maguire / Stones are good enough, however appreciate I’m most likely in the minority on that. Both were good enough to reach a European club final. 
 

Kane is great, it’s the choice behind him, like others have said. Rashford will be seen as undroppable, however he’s been on poor form. I’m hoping he plays Grealish, as he offers more as an all round game. Sancho hasn’t offered much for England so far, however he needs to start along with Mount. 
 

Rice occupies the holding role in midfield. I’m not 100% sold to be honest, however we don’t have a lot of other options. If he doesn’t make the fitness cut, we’ll be blessed with Phillips, which would be a downgrade whichever way you cut it. 
 

Chilwell gets the left back slot, which is harsh on Shaw as he’s had a great season. Winners mentality though. 
 

                        Pickford

 

            Walker, Maguire, Stones

TAA                                              Chilwell

                          Rice

 

          Mount               Grealish
                         
                  Sancho

 

                          Kane

 

 

 

This team isn't far off for me. I'd like to pick someone instead of Maguire, mainly because of his lack of pace rather than for petty reasons, but the cupboard is quite bare. With him in, I'd pick Walker too, he can be a bit headless chicken, but he has searing pace over short and long distances, which is pretty rare and gets his teams out of trouble quite often. Arnold, for the reasons you mention, probably will start. However, his defending is amateurish at times and with both him and Chilwell, we might not have enough defensive steel, but again, there's hardly an abundance of choice. Shaw/Chilwell is a 50/50 in my book. Shaw better defender, Chilwell better attacker, but they're evenly matched.

 

Again, agree regarding Rice, but he's a pretty good footballer, even if I'm not 100% convinced. Mount dragged Chelsea through some dodgy games earlier this season with his effort and creative side, putting bigger named players in their side to shame at times, so deserves a place. Grealish is an absolute must for me. For creative players, both Mount and Grealish are prepared to put in hard work too. 

 

I really haven't seen a lot of Sancho. I barely pay attention to England friendlies or one sided qualifying games and I'm not an avid or regular watcher of European leagues, so I can't argue against him with any substance.

 

I'm expecting a few to disagree with this, but if England are to have a good tournament, I think Sterling will have to prove influential from the bench. His form is horrible and he couldn't hit Kim Kardashian's arse with a banjo when it comes to finishing this season, but his speed and running lines do cause opposition teams to panic. That'll only increase if he comes on fresh at 70/75 minutes. Of course, he could come on, miss 3 open goals and trip over his laces the way things have gone for him recently, but he's a player to consider if we are chasing for an equaliser.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...