Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Lee Dixon is a right boring b*stard isn't he? Wouldn't believe he was in the same Arsenal team as all them pissheads.

He just seems so miserable about it.

Reminiscent of Lawrenson.

One of the reasons McCoist is so popular in co-commentary is that he seems to actually take some joy from what he is watching and describing.

Dixon sounds like he is just unimpressed by it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I know you’re buzzing and that but they weren’t were they lol 

Great performance and result mind. 

lol not at all mate, was just a recurring joke from earlier in this thread. When they were crap against Italy everyone was banging on about how much they'd been hyped as dark horses. 

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My word, just how bad was he? I see what you mean now!!! The exact sort of player we'd go for as well, slow and lightweight with the occasional piece of technical brilliance.

Gave the ball away constantly, did zero work at all defensively. It's criminal. Has no bollocks, no fight or heart. Compare him to Ramsey. Not only was Ramsey much better going forward, Ramsey was sprinting back in to the box to make last ditch blocks in the 80th minute in 95% humidity and 30 degree heat. Having had almost no match fitness cos he's barely kicked a ball all year. 

By contrast we were just constantly passing through their midfield like they weren't there, they improved when they finally put an actual holding midfielder in in the second half but they were still basically shit. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Other than Ben Chilwell’s “equaliser” in the FA Cup Final against us, I think that is the most celebration of a chalked off VAR goal I’ve seen.

Chielini must have known it hit his arm... why go so nuts about the goal?  :dunno:

Is there any footballer that wouldn't celebrate enthusiastically to try and influence a decision against them?  

Just now, theessexfox said:

Why can I never imagine England playing like this Italy side? We theoretically have some very good players, what is it about the players we produce / our football culture that means it just seems inconceivable that we could be as fluid and cohesive as this? 

I’ll give you a clue 2 words and the second rhymes with mouthmate.

Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and the likes - the lesser northern European sides - all fall in the category of defensive, dull sides who usually qualify, defend in numbers, bore the life out of neutrals and go home. Rinse and repeat. Wouldn't be fussed to never see any of them in a world cup or euros again unless they come with a more exciting game plan.

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

He just seems so miserable about it.

Reminiscent of Lawrenson.

One of the reasons McCoist is so popular in co-commentary is that he seems to actually take some joy from what he is watching and describing.

Dixon sounds like he is just unimpressed by it all.

It's not Arsenal is it? And Lawro is just dull about everything 

Edited by Parafox

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and the likes - the lesser northern European sides - all fall in the category of defensive, dull sides who usually qualify, defend in numbers, bore the life out of neutrals and go home. Rinse and repeat. Wouldn't be fussed to never see any of them in a world cup or euros again unless they come with a more exciting game plan.

Bit harsh. Denmark have won the fecking thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Why can I never imagine England playing like this Italy side? We theoretically have some very good players, what is it about the players we produce / our football culture that means it just seems inconceivable that we could be as fluid and cohesive as this? 

The coach

Just now, Parafox said:

The coach

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’ll give you a clue 2 words and the second rhymes with mouthmate.

Valid, but I think there’s something about the style of players we have and the way they play that would mean I couldn’t imagine us playing like this, even under Mancini or Klopp or whoever 

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Bit harsh. Denmark have won the fecking thing.

Denmark less so than the others admittedly. I just find them all so interchangeable, samey, safe, defensive. Switzerland are the worst of all! You can add Norway to that list too!! 

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Valid, but I think there’s something about the style of players we have and the way they play that would mean I couldn’t imagine us playing like this, even under Mancini or Klopp or whoever 

By this, I think I mean the constant interchange of positions, the lofted passes into space, the low centre of gravity direct dribbling and an organised press. Maybe we’ll see it one day but I can’t comprehend an England team doing it 

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Denmark less so than the others admittedly. I just find them all so interchangeable, samey, safe, defensive. Switzerland are the worst of all! You can add Norway to that list too!! 

Sweden had Zlatan.

8 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah but under Pearson :vardy:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

"Smaller footballing countries" just trying not to be humiliated.  They know they won't win the thing but just want to save face against bigger opposition 

19 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

There's FA reason I can think of

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Whats strange about it? Just find it weird how an Englishman could be happy with Wales winning seeing as their fans loathe England. Its football rivalry, it would be abit like a Leicester fan being happy with Notts Forest doing well. 

England’s footballing rivalries are Germany and Argentina. Wales & Scotland are part of the home nations and I don’t care if there’s bitter Welsh and Scottish fans, I know plenty of decent lads from both and wish them the best (until they play England then I hope we throttle them). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Whats strange about it? Just find it weird how an Englishman could be happy with Wales winning seeing as their fans loathe England. Its football rivalry, it would be abit like a Leicester fan being happy with Notts Forest doing well. 

Because it's an argument from the playground, they don't like us so we don't like them, boo hoo...I'm all for the home nations doing well.

And if you think that's weird you'll love this one. I want Scotland to progress from our (England's) group so I won't be too disappointed if Scotland beat us on Friday.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

"Smaller footballing countries" just trying not to be humiliated.  They know they won't win the thing but just want to save face against bigger opposition 

Not true. Much smaller nations play a more expansive game. Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bosnia and co are hardly footballing superpowers but don't just come to defend and nick a goal from a set piece. I'd rather watch an Eastern European minnow over a northern European one every day of the week.