Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, ian__marshall said:

Please Rudkin no more Turkish defenders. They're all over the shop tonight.

Italy have been impressive but this Turkish side have made them look like prime Brazil. 

A bit like us against Iceland

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Was meant to be 12 different cities wasn’t it? 

Something like that, just doesn't have the same feeling of neutrality as a normal tournament when a good chunk of fixtures will have one of the teams playing in their own country. Just wasn't sure if it was meant to be totally random or certain countries were always going to benefit from it

Just now, goody2028 said:

Yeah agreed. Very overhyped by the looks of it before the tournament. 

Because they beat France in qualifying maybe. They’ve been steamrolled tonight. 

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

They’ve not laid a glove on them, it doesn’t even look like they’re trying finners. For all the pre tournament hype, they’ve looked really poor 

I'm not suggesting they've been great, I just think this sort of Italy performance, on a hot night, at the end of a long two seasons of covid plagued football, would have broken most teams in world football. 

Journalists and social media love to get excited for major tournaments and write about this team and that team being dark horses or ones to watch or whatever, it's a time filler and a way to flex their footy knowledge. 

But I highly doubt anyone though Turkey would actually be in the mix to really win it where as Italy are and should be one of the favourites. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm not suggesting they've been great, I just think this sort of Italy performance, on a hot night, at the end of a long two seasons of covid plagued football, would have broken most teams in world football. 

Journalists and social media love to get excited for major tournaments and write about this team and that team being dark horses or ones to watch or whatever, it's a time filler and a way to flex their footy knowledge. 

But I highly doubt anyone though Turkey would actually be in the mix to really win it where as Italy are and should be one of the favourites. 

Yeah completely agree

Italy we’re at it from the off tonight. One of those exceptional performances that teams sometimes put out.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think people are being a bit overly harsh to Turkey. 

They're playing one of the best teams in the world who have been in terrific form. Italy might not be flashy and showy but they're ridiculously fit, they graft, they smother, they press. They'd have made almost anyone look shit tonight. 

I believe many, Good International Football followers, thought Turkey would Play it around a bit definitely not collapse...but this display akas back to the "70s"

Italy though are looking more than decent, albeit  they didn t have to get out of 2nd gear..