Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

Thought Italy would start well, Mancini is ideal for an international team I think, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the later stages of the competition. 

Suits us if Turkey stink the place out, keeps the vultures away from Cags, who I thought was crap last night 😂 keep it up Cags have a stinker so you can stay here for a bit longer! 

Disappointed with Turkey. They were my pick as tournament surprise team. So many teams set up not to lose the opening game when they have an opportunity to catch the more decorated teams cold. 

Italy looked pretty good, but that was helped by the tactics from Turkey. 

Early days yet though, with 3 going through from some groups. 

Switzerland are such a boring side. They qualify every tournament yet I never remember them for doing anything remotely interesting. Boring players, boring coach, boring style. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

Savage on co-commentary.

Couldn't Kingy be the Welsh bloke for the tournament? I mean, he's won more and got more international caps :ph34r: 

Tbf to Sav, he'd probably have about 70/80 caps as a starter if he hadn't "retired" in protest to John Toshack getting the job. I'm actually surprised King made it to 50, he was always a bit part player for Wales, I'd be a bit surprised if he started more than half of those. 

Oh and Sav actually is Welsh. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

to 2 Welsh parents?

That feels like heading to dubiously bigoted territory. I assume you consider Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling and Bukayo Saka English? 

I take your point about the Welsh players who qualify with one Welsh granny somewhere they never met, I've never liked it. But you can definitely go too far in the other direction. 

To answer the question though, keeper was born in Wales, entire defence was born in Wales except Mepham. 

Allen, Ramsey and Bale also very Welsh. 

James, Morrell and Moore were born in England. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Oh come off it lol

Well no, I won't. We both know exactly what you just meant to imply and whether it was consciously or subconsciously offensive, it still was. 

You can laugh it off and pretend I'm being sensitive if you'd rather that to putting your hand up saying "yeah, fair play, my bad" if you want but that's on you. 

Anyway, given we're a country about the size of the West Midlands trying to compete at a major finals, I don't think there's much to be sneered at for using a diaspora spread all over the UK, as much as typically arrogant English fans like to do so as "banter" every time one of their island neighbours plays football. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well no, I won't. We both know exactly what you just meant to imply and whether it was consciously or subconsciously offensive, it still was. 

You can laugh it off and pretend I'm being sensitive if you'd rather that to putting your hand up saying "yeah, fair play, my bad" if you want but that's on you. 

Anyway, given we're a country about the size of the West Midlands trying to compete at a major finals, I don't think there's much to be sneered at for using a diaspora spread all over the UK, as much as typically arrogant English fans like to do so as "banter" every time one of their island neighbours plays football. 

This has triggered you which probably tells it's own story.

The England team is diverse and represents a diverse nation, brilliantly so.

I would say the proportion of largely English lineage player in your squad is probably higher than the English proportional lineage living in Wales, that's about as far as it goes. But if you want to suggest I'm implying anything else that's "on you".

I'll pop you on mute and then you can get back to watching your game.

Actually just realised that we will have saw a Leicester player in every game of the tournament come the end of the day. 

Soyuncu for Turkey.

Ward for Wales.

Kasper for Denmark. 

Tielemans and maybe Castagne and Praet for Belgium.

Shows how far we've come. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Actually just realised that we will have saw a Leicester player in every game of the tournament come the end of the day. 

Soyuncu for Turkey.

Ward for Wales.

Kasper for Denmark. 

Yes but then we won’t see any in the next 8. Ive actually been quite disappointed in the lack of players in the Euros. (Although there’s none that I think should be included). It’s just the way the fixtures have fallen has made it a very Leicester heavy start to the tournament.

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Soyuncu for Turkey.

Ward for Wales.

Kasper for Denmark. 

We had more players at euro 2016 IIRC. 

• Thanks 1