Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Confirmed Pre-Season Friendlies Summer 2021

5 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Given the first friendly is only four weeks away, and despite the Euros, we can’t be far away from returning to pre-season training, can we? Anyone know a return date? 

It's normally about six weeks before the first league game isn't it? So 5th July.

11 hours ago, Corky said:

It's normally about six weeks before the first league game isn't it? So 5th July.

Yes, normally at the start of July. We will likely be missing Kasper, Youri, Dennis, Castagne (but due to injury), Justin (injury), Soyuncu (probably only for 1 week to allow him some extra rest), Ward. Have I missed anyone else?

Not as bad as some of the PL teams, will be important to start the season on the front foot again and make the lack of rest/pre-season from other clubs count.

Other than our GK position, we will be able to field a good set of players right from the start.

24 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

What did you do?

Was it much ado about nothing? 

A Comedy of Errors more likely.

(this could go on for a while)

Break a leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I'd give Tielemans a proper rest, six weeks or so, before coming back. I know he'll miss a couple of games but he needs a real break. Hopefully Soumare comes in and hits the ground running.

No chance of that happening. He'll get 3 weeks off and be back a week or two before the Community Shield match. On top of that, he seems a player who stays fit by playing, not resting.

• Like 2

On 09/06/2021 at 19:21, nabb7 said:

Wonder who our big(ish) European opponents will be for the final pre season game

Well we were due to be playing Nantes and... Udinese (yes shock horror) but both have been cancelled now so guess a lot of clubs might find the same happening to their games v overseas opposition?:

We've got Barnsley and Palace instead. 

On 06/07/2021 at 07:43, Super_horns said:

Well we were due to be playing Nantes and... Udinese (yes shock horror) but both have been cancelled now so guess a lot of clubs might find the same happening to their games v overseas opposition?:

We've got Barnsley and Palace instead. 

Palace? Seems unusual to be playing a league rival (outside of a money spinning mini cup) 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Palace? Seems unusual to be playing a league rival (outside of a money spinning mini cup) 

Yes - it's on the 7th when the EFL kick-off so probably had no-one else to play!

Won't be rushing to Selhurst Park for that one.

Edited by Super_horns

Just now, Super_horns said:

Yes - it's on the 7th when the EFL kick-off so probably had no-one else to play!

I guess that makes sense. But they’ve got to be one of your biggest rivals so I’m surprised either side wanted to do it but I guess it’s what’s available. 

we played villa before the lockdown opened up but they were at the opposite end of the table at the time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Won't be rushing to Selhurst Park for that one.

there are a few all prem games that weekend in friendlies. Norwich are playing Newcastle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I guess that makes sense. But they’ve got to be one of your biggest rivals so I’m surprised either side wanted to do it but I guess it’s what’s available. 

we played villa before the lockdown opened up but they were at the opposite end of the table at the time 

Well yes it can be quite a competitive game tbh!

Zaha gets a lot of stick and we try to kick him....

We have quite a few mid-tablish/bottom of the table sides quite early on though like Villa, Brighton, Norwich, Wolves, Newcastle and  Spurs (ha ha) so probably the only ones left.

And I doubt one of the top teams would want to play us and we wouldn't want to play them either I suspect!

Edited by Super_horns