Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Confirmed Pre-Season Friendlies Summer 2021

13 minutes ago, Stottfox93 said:

do you think tickets will go on general sale for the villarreal match?

100%. In fact I should probably be more careful and say 99.99% to allow getting it wrong.

I doubt everyone is comfortable going to crowded events yet. Plus for it not to reach general sale, all STH's and most members would have to buy tickets.

Assuming full capacity of course but it looks that way.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

100%. In fact I should probably be more careful and say 99.99% to allow getting it wrong.

I doubt everyone is comfortable going to crowded events yet. Plus for it not to reach general sale, all STH's and most members would have to buy tickets.

Assuming full capacity of course but it looks that way.

ahh i bloody hope so... 

34 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Been to Pennyhill Park. Very nice. Bit 'too nice' for me. 

Don't know why, but I imagine you being someone with a top hat and a well-groomed moustache and appreciates the beauty of life.:D

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Don't know why, but I imagine you being someone with a top hat and a well-groomed moustache and appreciates the beauty of life.:D

You flatter me, sir.

I assume you're familiar with the Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes song 'Waste of Paint..'?

Massively receding hairline though so a hat may be an idea.

ps are you essentially imagining me to be Bob Dylan from my avatar? I'm cool with that.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm thinking of retiring from posting LCFC news.

LCFC history channel would be more appropriate, if we want news we look for @moore_94 posts

Edited by norwichfox
  • Haha 2

I never realised he was called Vicente Iborra de la Fuente. Sometimes the English language just fails to get to the higher level of elegance. Jonny Evans of Belfast? James Maddison of Coventry? Luke Thomas of Syston? It could be argued that these kind of names do work well in a kind of 'War of the Roses' way with people putting on really heavy suits of armour and hitting each other with broadswords until they die of exhaustion and heatstroke but somehow it doesn't get quite to the level of 'de la Fuente', which is totally cool.

Bring back Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink  - now there was a name you could get your teeth into. That's assuming you would want to - unusual foreign name biting is not for everyone  :ph34r:   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thursday_next said:

I never realised he was called Vicente Iborra de la Fuente. Sometimes the English language just fails to get to the higher level of elegance. Jonny Evans of Belfast? James Maddison of Coventry? Luke Thomas of Syston? It could be argued that these kind of names do work well in a kind of 'War of the Roses' way with people putting on really heavy suits of armour and hitting each other with broadswords until they die of exhaustion and heatstroke but somehow it doesn't get quite to the level of 'de la Fuente', which is totally cool.

Bring back Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink  - now there was a name you could get your teeth into. That's assuming you would want to - unusual foreign name biting is not for everyone  :ph34r:   

interestingly, the "of" is dutch for "or" and comes from two of his ancestors marrying and being unable to decide whether they wanted to be vennegoor or hesselink

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Will the Wycombe match be up as a recording online after the game? I am playing football tonight but want to avoid the score and watch the whole match when I get home about 10.

anyone know? 

thanks 

The Burton Albion match is still available to go back and watch on Youtube so I would think the other friendlies should be the same

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Will the Wycombe match be up as a recording online after the game? I am playing football tonight but want to avoid the score and watch the whole match when I get home about 10.

anyone know? 

thanks 

The Burton match was available on You tube afterwards, so I assume the same? 

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

anyone know? 

thanks 

I'll be doing exactly this, if you replace 'playing football' with 'going to drink as much red wine as time permits with my friend at his house (he's been isolating properly for about a year'

So fingers crossed for the 2 of us!

• Haha 1