Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Confirmed Pre-Season Friendlies Summer 2021

Confirmed pre-season schedule

Burton Albion vs. LEICESTER CITY - Pirelli Stadium - Saturday 24 July (3pm kick-off)  OS

Wycombe Wanderers vs. LEICESTER CITY - Adams Park - Wednesday 28 July (7:30pm kick-off)  OS

QPR vs. LEICESTER CITY - Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium - Saturday 31 July (3pm kick-off)  OS

LEICESTER CITY vs. Villarreal - King Power Stadium - Wednesday 4 August (7.45pm kick-off)  OS

All times BST.

• Thanks 3

On 09/06/2021 at 19:21, nabb7 said:

Wonder who our big(ish) European opponents will be for the final pre season game

On 12/06/2021 at 08:00, teblin said:

I don’t we will have one due to the charity shield.

Nowt announced yet for the weekend 31st July-1st August. I'm hoping for a decent fixture on that weekend.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Nowt announced yet for the weekend 31st July-1st August. I'm hoping for a decent fixture on that weekend.

There will still be Covid travel restrictions in place. I'd imagine that a pre season friendly won't be deemed a good enough reason for a team from the continent to be allowed into the country without quarantining

25 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

There will still be Covid travel restrictions in place. I'd imagine that a pre season friendly won't be deemed a good enough reason for a team from the continent to be allowed into the country without quarantining

Probably true but while some of the "Big" sides are off to Florida, Watford have pre season home games against Nantes & Udinese.

On 09/06/2021 at 19:21, nabb7 said:

Wonder who our big(ish) European opponents will be for the final pre season game

I used to look forward to this fixture but in recent years it seems to have turned in to something not even worthy of opening the full stadium for. Bit like the early rounds of the cups. 

Missed opportunity I say.

Pre season games are all about building fitness and improving players moral and confidence.

By playing lower league sides there's less pressure on everyone confidence flows along with a few Goals.

Then finish off with a more challenging game against better opposition. The results don't really matter except they improve the moral amongst the players..