Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Jokes aside, where would he actually play? 

He'd get in the way of Barnes or Maddison but there's no denying his ability. If we are seriously going for Coutinho then I don't know whether to be impressed with how much Rodgers may have at his disposal this summer or very concerned that we are moving away from the model we have been so successful with in recent years.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He'd get in the way of Barnes or Maddison but there's no denying his ability. If we are seriously going for Coutinho then I don't know whether to be impressed with how much Rodgers may have at his disposal this summer or very concerned that we are moving away from the model we have been so successful with in recent years.

Can’t please ya can we 😂

let’s  have it right he won’t be coming to Leicester. He will end up in China or America.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Can’t please ya can we 😂

let’s  have it right he won’t be coming to Leicester. He will end up in China or America.

China can't pay the silly wages anymore. 

All those players who are out there now who are on big money will be coming back very soon.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

he'd play at the expense of madders wouldn't he? I have a feeling he'd only be a target if youri does indeed go. The minimum i could see coutinhio taking and the max we'd go to is £200k a week

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

29 with his wages is a no go for me. Feels like putting a lot of eggs in one basket that I'd rather see go elsewhere. But its not my money and I dont know shit. We need goals.

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Get this guy in his prime would be amazing. A bit like Mahrez, don't expect him to defend much though.   

Did plenty of defending when he played for Rodgers at Liverpool.

Coutinho is exactly the sort of player that could be the difference between 5th and 4th or even better. When he was in the Premier League he was at one point the best player in it. I remember him putting in a virtuoso performance against us when Shakespeare was in charge where he was sublime.

If you can sign a player like him, you don't say no. And Rodgers knows how to get a tune out of him which makes him an even better signing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

He has had 3 seperate surgeries on his knee since January...

Sky Sports article from 26th May

"However, the 28-year old will miss this summer's Copa America tournament after undergoing arthroscopic surgery last month, his third knee surgery since January, and it is unlikely his future will be decided for at least another eight weeks as his rehabilitation continues."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/12317516/philippe-coutinho-barcelona-forward-could-leave-this-summer-with-premier-league-clubs-reportedly-interested

Its a nice little ride I have with you all every summer for a day or two where everyone including myself dream about watching Coutinho play in a blue shirt at the King Power. 3 surgeries since January? Not happening.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It will never happen of course but its interesting that in a team with two lightweight number 10s people think its a good idea to hire another.

Not exactly sure what number 10s there are that aren't lightweight?

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My thoughts. There’s always that one players managers can’t be without. He goes against our recent transfer policy. Anyway, I think it’s bollocks, Barca need to ship players out and the papers know there’s a link to Rodgers…. He will end up in Italy playing for one of the Milan’s or Juve! 

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Bruno Fernandes  for a start.

Helps that he doesn't dribble with the ball often (when he does he doesn't do very well either, worse than Maddison actually)

He is actually pretty poor when it comes to ball retention

Any players you could suggest who we could actually sign? Can't see us dropping £100m+ on Fernandes tbh

Just now, moore_94 said:

Helps that he doesn't dribble with the ball often (when he does he doesn't do very well either, worse than Maddison actually)

He is actually pretty poor when it comes to ball retention

Any players you could suggest who we could actually sign? Can't see us dropping £100m+ on Fernandes tbh

Nope, we have to get Maddison fit and hopefully toughened up. He sees his mate Grealish stealing the limelight so perhaps that will inspire him. He needs to put on 20 lbs even if the dieticians say its wrong. He is never going to be Usain Bolt anyway so he won't get any slower. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nope, we have to get Maddison fit and hopefully toughened up. He sees his mate Grealish stealing the limelight so perhaps that will inspire him. He needs to put on 20 lbs even if the dieticians say its wrong. He is never going to be Usain Bolt anyway so he won't get any slower. 

He's more like Bernie the Bolt!

As much as I’d love a fully fit Coutinho playing for my team I just can’t see it happening... he’s still got a couple of years left on his 250k a week deal at barca so unless they’re willing to subsidise his wages I’d be amazed to see us fork out that kind of money

I've an incling that Madison will not recover from his hip injury fully. Barnes has cartilage trouble which might mean he cannot string more than a few games together.  We really need attacking reinforcements maybe 2 strikers and 2 other attackers. Wouldn't trincao be more our style though?

• Sad 1

if we can get him for 20mil and barca eat a chunk of his wages, i say do it. given none of the big teams want him and hes going for cut price,i dont think he can even demand high wages

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Jokes aside, where would he actually play? 

The answer to this question is the same every time his name comes up in these silly season rumors - "wherever he wants".