Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd get in the way of Barnes or Maddison but there's no denying his ability. If we are seriously going for Coutinho then I don't know whether to be impressed with how much Rodgers may have at his disposal this summer or very concerned that we are moving away from the model we have been so successful with in recent years.

Our transfer model has also included bringing in experienced senior pro’s as well with considerable success.

The likes of Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Evans, Ricardo come to mind.

Of course, the less said about Inler the better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Our transfer model has also included bringing in experienced senior pro’s as well with considerable success.

The likes of Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Evans, Ricardo come to mind.

Of course, the less said about Inler the better

You mean a player who was here for one season and we won the league ??

I’ll take another signing like that ! 

the coutinho links are strange.   I assume it’s just talk for other reasons  and his previous relationship with Brendan makes us the easy link. 

He's 28 years old and Rodgers knows him. He is not the first "superstar" to go to Barca and not shine. 

He'd come here and I have no doubt he'd be close to amazing. 

However, I just dont see us doing it. Mainly because of the money involved. 

• Like 1

Coutinho will pass James Rodriguez in the lobby as Rodriguez leaves Finch Farm and Countinho is Everton's new marquee signing

It is an automatic, and understandable reaction that we couldn’t afford him. However, we have no idea what his wage demands would actually be. This is a guy who has been earning 10m a year for the last few seasons so already has enough to live a life of luxury for the rest of his days. He may just decide that a 50% cut at this point in his career is still enough to get by on if it means a regular start and picking up a couple more medals.

Barca need to offload so would also be willing to negotiate on any actual fee

Liverpool made 100 million profit on Coutinho , that has to be the best piece of business ever done. I have always thought that lightweight players get more protection from referees in this country. In Spain the opposition were quick to bully him out of games. Yes he would do better back in England but he has priced himself out of coming back here. Take the money and run your contract out I would advise him and when he is available for free he will be a lot more attractive.

2 sides to this..

1. We don’t need big players our transfer policy works.

or

2. Experience helps balance the squad and it worked with Cambiasso.

so whatever happens there will be a positive side. He might actually want to achieve something again and probably feels he would settle in quicker with BR. .. never gonna happen but who knows.

Edited by les-tah

Feel we would be moving away from the blueprint that enabled us to win the League. No big time Charlie's or massive disparity in wages within the group.. Only way a club of our size with limited resources can afford to splash the cash is by courtesy of the owners. Appreciate that they show no signs of losing interest at the moment but should that happen in the future you would look at a club like Portsmouth to see the consequences.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, les-tah said:

2 sides to this..

1. We don’t need big players our transfer policy works.

or

2. Experience helps balance the squad and it worked with Cambiasso.

so whatever happens there will be a positive side. He might actually want to achieve something again and probably feels he would settle in quicker with BR. .. never gonna happen but who knows.

This bit could be true, just not sure if Coutinho has the authority that Cambiasso brought

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Of course, the less said about Inler the better. 

Yeah but on the cheap.

BTW, not sure what Ricardo’s doing on that list?

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Beliall said:

if we can get him for 20mil and barca eat a chunk of his wages, i say do it. given none of the big teams want him and hes going for cut price,i dont think he can even demand high wages

I can think of no footballer who would take a 50% wage cut and Barcelona are contracted to pay him that money. They pay a player 300 grand a week to do nothing that is their problem.