Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

Just now, Babylon said:

Southgate’s favourite type of performance

Spot on Babs. Just said exactly the same thing to the mrs.

I think Southgate will just be well happy we’ve picked up the point we need

He seems so scared of losing his job he’s just content to not lose 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
Just now, Facecloth said:

Totally agree with Roy Keane. 

Fed up with players being talked about as undroppable. If you aren't performing, if you aren't fully fit, you should be off. Kane, Sterling, Mount, whoever, get them off if they aren't performing. Noway Kane should have last past 50 odd minutes tonight. Sterling shouldn't have come back on for the 2nd half. I'd have called for Mount to come off too, if I hadn't forgotten he was playing.

Sometimes a hero comes from situations where a player is thrown in when the star is struggling or injured. I'm too young to have watch 1966, but wasn't Greaves the star striker going into that, with ridiculous numbers, and weren't Hursts numbers pretty average. Greaves was injured, and Hurst became the hero.

As I said earlier, we had 5 subs today and made 2. There is absolutely no chance that DCL would have been worse than Kane or Sancho worse than Sterling. Why is Foden not being given a chance centrally rather than Mount? We have 3 similar quality number 10s in Grealish, Foden and Mount and only one of them is getting any game time playing, ineffectively, in a crucial position.

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Fell into it because Allardyce is bent.

He was u-21 manager and given it on an interim basis.

Then got to a World Cup semi by beating 3 teams, 1 of which was in penalties, then losing every game we played against a decent opponent.

Imagine losing 3 out of 7 games and saying we had a successful World Cup lol

But he wears a waistcoat, so he's different. 

All the people I know who have no knowledge of football think Southgate is a good manager because they

think England did well at the last World Cup.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

It’s as much ours and theirs. Lads needed support tonight and it sounded pants.

It really wasn't though was it?  Do you see England fans and players celebrating the 0-0 draw like they've won the World Cup?

Can we get that same lady out who asked Sterling if his selection was justified vs Croatia and ask him again. Won't be laughing at her this time once you watch the game back. But none of them helped from the sidelines with selection, subs and intention.

Tuesday has turned into a game now that no one wants to win. No one needs to win. It might benefit us to draw and get the “easier” R16 game but on that showing, it’s no given we’ll do well in that. Never got going from the off. 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

As I said earlier, we had 5 subs today and made 2. There is absolutely no chance that DCL would have been worse than Kane or Sancho worse than Sterling. Why is Foden not being given a chance centrally rather than Mount? We have 3 similar quality number 10s in Grealish, Foden and Mount and only one of them is getting any game time playing, ineffectively, in a crucial position.

The whole Mount situation pisses me off. I'm not denying he's a decent player at times, but Southgate pretty much admitted a while back he had been earmarked to get a senior cap years ago. Basically didn't matter how good players in his position played, Mount was being promoted to the senior no matter what. That's not how it should work.

• Like 1

That was painful to watch, awful not just for the gushing commentators over Scotland but that performance was lacklustre. Our attackers were certainly a no show and what can I say about Kane, not shown up at all in this tournament. Seeing him go off early, shows to me he's either not fit or carrying a knock but otherwise he's been dull offers nothing in terms of attack. If I had to pick one small positive our guess our defence has solid in the last two games but honestly at the moment unless drastic changes are made I can't see where the goals are coming.

The only thing I can say is every tournament in the last 20 years England as least one dull performance...

2018- Belgium in the group stages and third v fourth tie.... both poor

2016- Slovenia and Iceland

2014- Costa Rica stalemate

2012- Italy on pens

2010- Algeria stalemate, Germany... maybe robbed with that disallowed goal

2006- Portugal stalemate

2004- Erm... not sure there was in that tournament. Performed well every game even loss to France

2002- Nigeria stalemate

Edited by Leicesterpool