Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Said it before, I'll say it again...

Until the FA grow a pair, they'll make a safe appointment and England will do nothing.

Look what Mancini is doing with Italy.

This goes back decades, Clough should have got the gig, but didn't, because he wasn't a yes man.

The edgiest we've ever been was giving it to Terry Venables, a quarter of a century ago.

But everyone watches the friendly games on TV, goes to Wemvley to watch qualifiers and buys the replica shirts.

STOP.

Hit them in the pocket, then they'll do something. Possibly. :cool:

Correct, the FA want a politician type manager they want someone whose laid black, very friendly to the press, allows the players to do whatever they want and be all environmental stuff.... The FA forget there not running country... that's the job of the government and prime minster. There job is to put together the best setup in terms of becoming the best world by going for top men or women in the job. No matter if there out spoken or got there methods... you go and get them and allow them to do there job. Capello tried to do this, but I think he learnt very quickly behind the FA were and seemed to be more bothered about how many likes the get on twitter and facebook.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

People saying we have no chance vs Italy, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Portugal etc etc....

I'm more worried about the Czech Republic to be honest.  Don't forget they beat us in the qualifiers.

Yep. But we slide beat them. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Correct, the FA want a politician type manager they want someone whose laid black, very friendly to the press, allows the players to do whatever they want and be all environmental stuff.... The FA forget there not running country... that's the job of the government and prime minster. There job is to put together the best setup in terms of becoming the best world by going for top men or women in the job. No matter if there out spoken or got there methods... you go and get them and allow them to do there job. Capello tried to do this, but I think he learnt very quickly behind the FA were and seemed to be more bothered about how many likes the get on twitter and facebook.  

Summed up by the powers that be dictating that John Terry could no longer be captain, but still happy for him to be on the pitch.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Tournament games are all about winning the bloke ain't got a clue draws are no good 

To be fair a draw in our next game may well be the best result. Would finish second not first and get a much easier R16 game meaning we may go out in the quarters rather than R16!

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Four points from two games and we're a shambles? lol

I’m kind of with you here. We’re yet to concede but if you don’t think that wasn’t a lacklustre perfect tonight then give me some of whatever you’re on. We’re in a strong position to qualify for the knockouts. 

Was thinking to myself we’ve badly missed Maguire bringing the ball out of defence. 

Just now, tom27111 said:

Not edgy for footballing reasons I'm afraid.

Brown envelopes however...

Speaking of brown envelopes, it's laughable how Hodgson got the job over Redknapp.

I don't think it is, really. Hodgson's time at Liverpool was an unmitigated disaster but before that he'd taken Fulham to a European final and saved West Brom from relegation before taking them to a top 10 finish - he also had plenty of experience of international management beforehand.

I don't dispute Redknapp's stock was still *relatively* high in 2012 but it's not absurd Hodgson got the job over him - he was bloody crap as England gaffer, mind!

Just now, Bert said:

I’m kind of with you here. We’re yet to concede but if you don’t think that wasn’t a lacklustre perfect tonight then give me some of whatever you’re on. We’re in a strong position to qualify for the knockouts. 

Was thinking to myself we’ve badly missed Maguire bringing the ball out of defence. 

Course i'm miffed about the performance tonight, but as with every game we fail to win the reaction is ridiculous

I'm fvcking angry about the state of it because I actually don't give a shit anymore.

20 years ago, I'd be in tears as we got knocked out on penalties, because my club side would never win anything, it was all on England lol

The approach from Southgate is just so bloody dull, I'm not even excited for this tournament. I'd usually be counting down the days. 

It's just so underwhelming. 

• Like 1