Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Woeful performance that. 

Southgate's such a negative manager. Starting to think he just fluked the World Cup and the feeling we got then. Thinking about it though there weren't many classic performances back then.

We'll go out in the round of 16. 

He’s a fraud pass it on

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Woeful performance that. 

Southgate's such a negative manager. Starting to think he just fluked the World Cup and the feeling we got then. Thinking about it though there weren't many classic performances back then.

We'll go out in the round of 16. 

Got lucky with the draw in 2018 and not finishing top of the group, no way would we have beaten Brazil in the quarters 

• Like 1

An absolute shower throughout and a result that while it will virtually put us through, it revealed to anybody with a brain that England are making no serious mark on this tournament. A cowardly performance from a cowardly manager.

The Euros has too big a safety net. We deserve to be under threat of elimination after that garbage.

• Like 4

We have played Croatia who are an ageing team and are bang average and Scotland who are a really poor side (proven by Czech Rep) and have had 3 shots on target scoring once. 

Whilst we will likely qualify we have been so crap its incredible. Our biggest strength is our attacking talent yet Southgate chooses to play safe.

It feels like Ancelotti with Everton where he had some decent attacking talent but a garbage defence so wanted to protect his poor defence by playing incredibly defensive every single game and stilfing the attacking talent. Southgate is doing the same and we will get ripped by a decent team. I actually fear for us against Czech Rep as they have looked much better than we have. Denmark haven't got a single point but have looked miles better than us and of course the terrible incident with Eriksen has hampered them but it just shows that there are many teams that currently look better than England. 

• Like 1

I'm glad we haven't hit the heights yet, but hope we now start to improve and peak in the knockout stages. Every team that wins these tournaments has one bad game and I'm hoping tonight was ours and we only get better when it actually counts.

• Haha 3

Southgate being outed for the absolute fraud he is. That's the equivalent of us struggling to beat Birmingham at home. Not only struggling, but creating less chances. Being worse, with a full strength team.

Southgate should do the right thing and walk

Edited by filbertway

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I know times change, but isn't it convenient that when Croatia beat us in the World Cup it was because they were a good team, the first good team we'd play interestingly besides Belgium... now we beat them and its because they are now bang average.

They played a very similar line up to 5 years ago. A very aging, bang average side.

Thats no disrespect to Croatia, its a country of 4 million people. 

But they aren't producing up and coming talent.

They've had their peak, which was 2018.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Southgate being outed for the absolute fraud he is. That's the equivalent of us struggling to beat Birmingham at home. Not only struggling, but creating less chances. Being worse, with a full strength team.

Southgate should do the right thing and walk

Why would he walk with, knowing he's unlikely to get a top level job anywhere.

Maybe Championship, ot Crystal Palace?

The FA will reward him with a contract until the next Euro's. 

• Sad 1

Kane is a handy player being used appallingly, for me - but tonight he was all over the shop. If you're not seeing much of the ball you almost have to get everything right when you do get on it, but it was bouncing off him first half (conversely, Che Adams close control in the same period was fantastic) and in the second his decision making was atrocious.

Southgate's mistrust in his centre halves will always nullify any attacking talent we've got. It's the reason he took an actual *on crutches* Maguire to this tourney.

How neither of the Dortmund pair saw any time tonight is beyond me. Thought the full backs were overly cautious on the ball too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'm glad we haven't hit the heights yet, but hope we now start to improve and peak in the knockout stages. Every team that wins these tournaments has one bad game and I'm hoping tonight was ours and we only get better when it actually counts.

I admire your optimism

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I wouldn't go that far. It gives us an easier R16 game (probably) but then after that it would get really hard where as with winning the group we would get a hard R16 game but then the route after that looks more straight forwards. The side of the draw if we finish runners up will include both France, Belgium and Italy (if they win their groups). The side if we win will include the Netherlands and possibly Spain if they win their group plus the runner up from the group with France, Germany and Portugal (who we play in the R16). 

If we play poorly against the Czech’s there’s a chance we could end up the fourth best third placed team and play, say Belgium! 

GS teams reflect his personality and ambition. Boring, no adventure, safety first, won’t play his best players and always settling for second best. Mind you, I’ve never forgiven him for bottling that penalty, so never had any faith in him. (Maybe a bit unfair considering we have missed about 12 penalties in about five losing shoot outs over the years) 

Draw was a fair result but what a turgid effort.

Southgate has somehow managed to nullify one of the best strikers in the game.

Sterling an absolute myth.

His reputation for diving is going against him as I thought he should have been awarded a penalty.