Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Its our most important game bar Argentina. The support was crap.

In a performance with literally 0 positives I expected nothing but.  Argentina is always a coin toss in terms of expectation.  Failure to win tonight was an absolute shocker (regardless of performance).

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

It's even scarier that some people who do know something about football think he's half decent because we got to a World Cup semi, 5 years ago.

Let's break it down...

England 2 Tunisia 1 - last gasp winner

England 6 Panama 1 

England 0 Belgium 1

England 1 Colombia 1 - Penalties needed

England 2 Sweden 0

England 1 Croatia 2 - After Extra Time 

England 0 Belgium 2

Please don't tell me that's successful. That's luck of the draw.

We won nothing, so in hindsight, I wish we'd lost the shootout to Colombia and sacked the useless ****.

The FA are bunch old farts who live too much in the past. Even if we lost to Colombia Southgate would still be here, lets not forget 2014 we didn't even get out of group but the FA still backed Woy Hodgson in which we had to suffer another two years under... witness the horror of Iceland.

• Like 1

I'm half Scottish but slightly favour England.

England will not make the last four and probably not even the last eight unless they start to loosen up their game. Scotland were equally poor today in spite of the fact that a win would have made heroes out of every player.

Scotland will not beat Croatia and will have a drab draw as the highlight of the tournament. 

English football might have all of the money and currently have very good club sides but British football is no better off than it was four years ago.

• Like 1

England don’t have useless players, they are made to look that way… do people just get dumb because they don’t want to admit they are good players? England have the biggest pool to pick from in years… and I would be happy for many of those players to be part of the city team.  To not make a dent against Scotland is down to bad management 

It's not even the failure to win, it's the failure to even look like winning in the last 40 minutes. One shot tipped away in 90 minutes, one header off the post. 

If we'd bashed at their door and their keeper has a blinder, fair enough. But that was the worst kind of 0-0.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m honestly not sure our players knew what they were meant to be doing tonight?

There seemed no real game plan. 
And I can’t stand the two bloody holding midfielders.

Southgate is certainly a ‘mustn’t lose’ rather than a ‘must win’ manager 

We just passed it side to side all game. Reece James may as well have been at home, almost seemed to ignore him 

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

The FA are bunch old farts who live too much in the past. Even if we lost to Colombia Southgate would still be here, lets not forget 2014 we didn't even get out of group but the FA still backed Woy Hodgson in which we had to suffer another two years under... witness the horror of Iceland.

Said it before, I'll say it again...

Until the FA grow a pair, they'll make a safe appointment and England will do nothing.

Look what Mancini is doing with Italy.

This goes back decades, Clough should have got the gig, but didn't, because he wasn't a yes man.

The edgiest we've ever been was giving it to Terry Venables, a quarter of a century ago.

But everyone watches the friendly games on TV, goes to Wembley to watch qualifiers (pre covid) and buys the replica shirts.

STOP.

Hit them in the pocket, then they'll do something. Possibly. lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Southgate is shit. Anyone who thinks different is wrong. Boring shit. We have good players, positive players, they are either tempered or not played because our manager is shit. Goodnight. 

Don’t think anyone rates him. Anyone in this thread would do a better job except a couple. 

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Terrible game and performance. Like watching Puelball again. The lack of movement is staggering. 

Absolutely no way we get any further than the last 16 on the first 2 showings. 

That midfield combo of Rice and Phillips certainly reminds me of the Mendy-Ndidi double pivot under Puel. 2 CDMs doesn't work and can't believe highly paid managers believe it can.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Said it before, I'll say it again...

Until the FA grow a pair, they'll make a safe appointment and England will do nothing.

Look what Mancini is doing with Italy.

This goes back decades, Clough should have got the gig, but didn't, because he wasn't a yes man.

The edgiest we've ever been was giving it to Terry Venables, a quarter of a century ago.

But everyone watches the friendly games on TV, goes to Wembley to watch qualifiers (pre covid) and buys the replica shirts.

STOP.

Hit them in the pocket, then they'll do something. Possibly. lol

They gave it Venables then regretted it so much they forced him out right before a tournament on home soil 😂.

Meanwhile Hodgson survived 2014 and Graham Taylor survived Euro 1992. They’d have probably kept Keegan on too if he hadn’t have resigned

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m honestly not sure our players knew what they were meant to be doing tonight?

There seemed no real game plan. 
And I can’t stand the two bloody holding midfielders.

Southgate is certainly a ‘mustn’t lose’ rather than a ‘must win’ manager 

You’re so right.  Southgate has too much to lose with the monster salary & is intrinsically cautious.

Where was he saying you’re not good enough tonight I’m bringing on 5!!

In the bin Shaw, Sterling, Philips (just wasn’t for him tonight).

Sterling was asked on Sunday if his goal on Sunday justified his place & he got the arse, question still stands!!!

Rate James but he was poor, Walker.  Chigwell was v good in ECL Final though he’s a dick, in. Foden from the start, only 1 CDM, if Kane doesn’t perform, DCL on!!!

I'd given up on international football years ago but got drawn in by the fact it's England Vs scotland.

I hate most of the players and Southgate can get in the bin. He's the poster boy for my generation for England failure and disappointment. 

I was so annoyed at the useless performance tonight, there were times I was wanting Scotland to score to serve them right for serving up such a lacklustre performance. 

I think I might be broken though 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If I was in charge of the FA I would be throwing money at Conte right now to take over after we inevitably go out in the last 16. I reckon realistically though Southgate will probably get a new contract. 

Unfortunately, you aren't a slightly racist 80 year old, so you aren't in charge of the FA and don't get a say lol

• Haha 1