Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

F****g Mings in minging, hasn't got the basics, it's called a ball mate not a hot potato. 

Grealish on too late, Southgate too dour, cautious, unadventurous and ruined my proposed list of Scottish figures followed by "Your boys took one hell of a beating" ramble. B*****d. It's the kids I feel sorry for, stayed up late only to wake up tomorrow converted to Rugby thanks to Mr Safety first.

On the other hand, 2 clean sheets, we're hard to score against.

Yet he’s been out most consistent player these last two games. Says it all. 

I didn't think we'd walk tonight but that was an absolute horror of a game befitting our status of stinking out tournaments, Scotland were at least semi-positive when they actually got the ball.

Was open-mouthed when Southgate decided to drag Foden, and even more so that Kane and Sterling lasted ~75 mins and the whole match, respectively. Both looked either knackered or clueless, often both simultaneously. 2 subs used out 5.

So many talented attacking players and no idea how to use them, the bloke should be putting the cones out at training not managing the national side. Possession for possession's sake, we didn't pull Scotland out of position whatsoever because it was all *so* ****ing laboured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phube said:

This is how I saw our first game vs Croatia. The only difference was a fluky goal. The rest was dirge! 

And yet it was praised to the heavens by the media?! 

I really don’t get it. The media (I mainly listen to TalkSPORT (please dont judge me)), have been  bigging England up so much.  Maybe they have watched different England performances to me.

That is pretty much the sort of performance I was expecting before the tournament started.

How on earth they were joint favourites at one point is beyond me.

• Like 1

Just now, fazzyfox said:

F****g Mings in minging, hasn't got the basics, it's called a ball mate not a hot potato. 

Grealish on too late, Southgate too dour, cautious, unadventurous and ruined my proposed list of Scottish figures followed by "Your boys took one hell of a beating" ramble. B*****d. It's the kids I feel sorry for, stayed up late only to wake up tomorrow converted to Rugby thanks to Mr Safety first.

On the other hand, 2 clean sheets, we're hard to score against.

Only because we've played 2 teams who are poor up front.  The likes of Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Belgium will all have a field day....IF we get that far.

I get the lack of time he gets with the players probably forces his hand with the subs he can make, more likely to go like for like. There was still better swaps available than what he made, not very imaginative at all, hopeful not proactive. 

Rice and Phillips both lasting the 90 was a joke. 

That game laid Southgate's limitations bare. 2 like for like subs in a game crying out for a change in approach. He will have lost much of his remaining good will after that.

• Like 1