Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

For you stat lovers, I made a comparison of the games played this season (Sep 2020 to now) by both England and Germany.

England     P16     W12   D2   L2     F26   A5

Germany     P16     W7   D6   L3     F33   A25

Played fairly similar calibre teams but England did have a 5-0 against San Marino, Germany didn't play anyone ranked that low (only North Macedonia with that famous win and Latvia with a 7-1).

The goals conceeded has been a big problem for Germany as it has meant needless defeats (North Macedonia) and too many draws that should/could have been wins (3-3 vs Turkey and Switzerland). Another major issue Germany have had is turning dominant displays into goals to kill games off. England have no end of 1-0 scorelines but they seem to be able to hold on and get over the line. Fine margins.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No it doesn't, just says first come, first served, no deadline on it. UEFA are very reluctant to give much out to fans, ridiculous really.

I suspect it will get to a point and they have to give unsold tickets back.

Also, are they still on sale? Rumours that they are going on general sale tomorrow.

Edited by Costock_Fox

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Southgate was a club manager he'd be managing Crystal Palace or Newcastle. 

He would have managed a club like that, got sacked, got another gig, got sacked and now be a Championship or League One manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I suspect it will get to a point and they have to give unsold tickets back.

Also, are they still on sale? Rumours that they are going on general sale tomorrow.

They were about 2 hours ago. I had two codes but both say they have been used now so I cannot check if tickets are on or off sale.

I would imagine they would need to move fairly quickly on selling remaining tickets with less than 4 days to go.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If Southgate was a club manager he'd be managing Crystal Palace or Newcastle. 

Southgate is the FA’s project, even if we get battered by Germany excuses will be made like young side blah blah blah and he will still be in charge. When I would think we should be able to win this game and any defeat would be a failure in my view 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

ffs

Jinxed it now!

Bound to lose...

I guess the players like him which seems to be the most important thing for a manager these days.

Whereas the players at the time  hated it under Capello for example.

Edited by Super_horns

26 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Germany struggle against teams that set up that way, so Southgate would get his tactics spot on. Might be boring to watch but it yields results.

That is far too defensive though, I think if he does that, where is our threat going forward? 

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

It’s just rewarding failure 

No it isn’t. I know the football has been boring at times, but statistically Southgate has been one of our best managers. He’s managed us in one World Cup campaign and took us to the semi-final, albeit with a favourable run of games; his overall win rate (63.2%) is the 2nd best of any England manager behind - hold your hats - Fabio Capello (I’m not counting Sam Allardyce’s 100% record in one game).

I understand why people are frustrated with the way we’ve played, but to say extending his contract is ‘rewarding failure’ is to completely ignore the facts.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No it isn’t. I know the football has been boring at times, but statistically Southgate has been one of our best managers. He’s managed us in one World Cup campaign and took us to the semi-final, albeit with a favourable run of games; his overall win rate (63.2%) is the 2nd best of any England manager behind - hold your hats - Fabio Capello (I’m not counting Sam Allardyce’s 100% record in one game).

I understand why people are frustrated with the way we’ve played, but to say extending his contract is ‘rewarding failure’ is to completely ignore the facts.

I see your point, he has had good wins over Spain, Croatia and Belgium but as I always said his true test will be at the euros, and Tuesday will be telling… that German side is beatable and a good manager would get England past them in my view. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I see your point, he has had good wins over Spain, Croatia and Belgium but as I always said his true test will be at the euros, and Tuesday will be telling… that German side is beatable and a good manager would get England past them in my view. 

And I think we will. The leaked ‘team’ that everybody is having kittens about is nonsense - there is literally zero chance of him picking that side.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

And I think we will. The leaked ‘team’ that everybody is having kittens about is nonsense - there is literally zero chance of him picking that side.

I really hope so… because if he plays that lineup he plays into the Germans hands and they win comfortably 1 or 2 nil, they want England to offer nothing going forward because they can’t handle an attacking side their defence is soft 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I really hope so… because if he plays that lineup he plays into the Germans hands and they win comfortably 1 or 2 nil, they want England to offer nothing going forward because they can’t handle an attacking side their defence is soft 

The England squad won’t even know the team yet - they don’t usually get told until the day before the game. They’ll be experimenting with different formations and personnel because Southgate likes to prepare for different game scenarios. But none of us will know the team until

Monday evening at the very earliest, and probably not until Tuesday afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

About to give up here this UEFA site is the biggest cocktease ever 

It really is, you won’t get them now. I’m still on the site and it’s doing the same as what it did the other day- saying they are available and not allowing you to choose them.

I’ve honestly refreshed that site at least 1000 times since Thursday