Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have watched my team (Germany) play all 3 games. Portugal was a good game but the other two games we were poor. Also, in all 3 games we were vulnerable at the back which a team like England can expose. England have not massively impressed but won two and drew one and are yet to conceed.

For me, this is England's best chance to not just beat us but to go all the way. The draw has really opened up. Then just a one off final and don't forget England have home games in all bar the QF (and Rome isn't bad).

England are the favourites and rightly so. However, as with football, it comes down to performance on the day. Watching Germany regularly, we have been complete manure for 3+ years and I just don't see much change. Portugal was one of the few games I enjoyed watching us play.

Living here, an England vs Germany game is one I always want to avoid. Going to have to lock myself away somewhere.

A lot of people being a bit too negative about England on this forum. It's not about playing champagne football, it's about winning games.

Since  i took took on German citizenship...Germany hasnt been doing too well...

My 5th columnist Plan seems to be working...:whistle:

This is the best time to play them. Limped over the group stage, just about qualifying and a lot of their top players haven't really performed well. Plus their coach is wanted out by a lot of the nations' fans. 

Wait, I don't know if i described England or Germany there :ph34r:

• Haha 4

I feel conflicted, I feel excited, I feel nervous, I feel edgy and have no idea what's going to happen. I'm swinging between thinking we'll lose, that we'll win, that the path if we do win is temptingly good and that this is going to be a huge event.

THIS is the kind of major international tournament football I love. I can't wait.

• Like 1

Our attacking midfield is great. Maybe we’ll magic up something.

Are Rice and Philips a decent partnership? 

After all these years I honestly feel numb. But Kane, Saka, Graelish, Sancho, Mount and Foden are decent players. I’d honestly like to see Chilwell do well.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Our attacking midfield is great. Maybe we’ll magic up something.

This is the weird thing about England at the minute, that has absolutely not been true so far and it is the defense that has carried the team which on paper looked weak. Very odd.

17 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

This is the weird thing about England at the minute, that has absolutely not been true so far and it is the defense that has carried the team which on paper looked weak. Very odd.

It's because Southgate recognises that the defence is weak and has shaped his tactics and formation to compensate for that. England look well-drilled defensively, but often lack any clear pattern in attack - it comes across as if Southgate focuses all his attention on coaching the defenders and just expects the forwards to get on with it themselves.

Edited by ClaphamFox

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think he will go to back 5 or it will be a 433 with Henderson, Rice and Phillips all playing. 

Saka, Sterling and Kane front 3. 

There have been a couple of articles about this already. Germany play 3-4-3. Portugal played a four-man defence against them and were overran; Hungary matched them with a back three and caused them lots of problems. I would not be surprised to see Maguire, Stones and Mings all play.

Feel quite weird about this one, in that I have none of the anticipation or nerves I usually have with knockout footie.

If we win then it will feel like it's inspite of Southgate and his mind numbing tactics. If we lose then maybe we'll see the back of Southgate and get in a manager that's not gonna waste some of the best attacking talent we've had in years.

Worst case is that we lose and Southgate stays.

• Like 2