Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kane won't be dropped no matter what. Rooney had similar treatment and it's why they lost Vardy. Kane is obviously our best striker, but not to the extent we should treat him like Poland would Lewandowski - where you could build a case the only reason they really qualify is because of him.

But we've always had this attitude for some reason.

We saw this with Kane in 2016 too. The lad has managed to be untouchable right from the off. To be fair as captain now its almost unthinkable for a manager to drop them. 

He needs to give his head a wobble and finally perform in a meaningful game for his country.

Managed to get myself a ticket through the German FA. Only residents of the UK could buy tickets, no Germans allowed to travel due to restrictions.

I expect a crowd of 95% English. Intimidating is an understatement!!! My first tournament game experience though, so looking forward to it. And I can say I was at Jogi Low's farewell game!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Managed to get myself a ticket through the German FA. Only residents of the UK could buy tickets, no Germans allowed to travel due to restrictions.

I expect a crowd of 95% English. Intimidating is an understatement!!! My first tournament game experience though, so looking forward to it. And I can say I was at Jogi Low's farewell game!

Enjoy! (But not too much, eh?)

Edited by ClaphamFox

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Spoken like someone who's never watched England at Wembley, intimidated?:D....don't worry you won't be.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Spoken like someone who's never watched England at Wembley, intimidated?:D....don't worry you won't be.

I just see the pictures of some of the fans on the TV, seems like 50% with tops off, belly out. Much different when following City away, seems a totally different crowd. However, it might just be a false picture I am painting.

Hoping for a good game where both teams play well (the stars have to align for that I think though!).

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Phillips

Henderson

Sterling

Kane

That's the rumoured team

Don't do this to me! I've literally just started building up some excitment and anticipation!

• Haha 1

Southgate probably feels like he's responding to everyone who has moaned about the defence being the weak link. If Southgate went attacking he will be criticised for being naïve and/or not protecting the weak link. Everyone who says I don't care if we lose if we have a go are probably talking bollocks and will be first in line to shout about it. 

Problem is Southgate is incapable of getting the balance right.  

Back 4 with 2 holding midfielders. OK I'd accept that as long as the front 4 perform we'd do alright. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I wonder whether Southgate will EVER take the shackles off and let em go out and play? 
If he plays the side rumoured above it’s got a tactical 1-0 either way written all over it

😩

I don’t think much of the German defence, and I’m hoping he is going to allow some freedom in our attacking line to exploit that. The talent is there they just need to be allowed to show it. The fact I believe that lineup is possible by Southgate is a worry in itself 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Does it say anywhere when this period ends? Interested to know so I can try to get a ticket when they get sent back.

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If that is the lineup I don’t think I would bother watching to be honest… we will just go out with a whimper with that setup, not putting myself through it 

It's a false flag team. The England coaching staff have deliberately leaked it to lower everybody's expectations so far that when they announce the real team - which be a 3-4-3 with only two CDMs and an extra attacker - nobody will moan.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Does it say anywhere when this period ends? Interested to know so I can try to get a ticket when they get sent back.

No it doesn't, just says first come, first served, no deadline on it. UEFA are very reluctant to give much out to fans, ridiculous really.