Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

Two of our lads play in Germany. We'll better handle Germany than in previous tournaments. I'm clutching at straws, obviously, but hey. I've never seen Saka and Sancho play. I hope they get in the team.

Honestly it's a real que sera sera one for me now. Today's given me so much neutral dopamine that I'll view anything north of a tonking as an absolute win for us. :englandsmile4wf:

Weird to go into an England game with zero expectations, but that's where Southgate's anti-football now has me. Every team has surprised me in these knockout games so far with their complete change in form and fortunes - even Wales with their absolute stale fart of a performance after a reasonable showing in the group stage - so who knows, we could work miracles and turn our tempo-less play into prime Barcelona. lol

If nothing else, today convinced me that this Euros is anybody's to win. I still make Belgium and Italy favourites, but there have been some proper toe-to-toe contests between teams mismatched on paper.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Honestly it's a real que sera sera one for me now. Today's given me so much neutral dopamine that I'll view anything north of a tonking as an absolute win for us. :englandsmile4wf:

Weird to go into an England game with zero expectations, but that's where Southgate's anti-football now has me. Every team has surprised me in these knockout games so far with their complete change in form and fortunes - even Wales with their absolute stale fart of a performance after a reasonable showing in the group stage - so who knows, we could work miracles and turn our tempo-less play into prime Barcelona. lol

If nothing else, today convinced me that this Euros is anybody's to win. I still make Belgium and Italy favourites, but there have been some proper toe-to-toe contests between teams mismatched on paper.

That's a massive game in the next round.

13 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Have to say Italy were awful against Austria, without they may have lost.  Have to say Belgium won’t have enough if Hazard & KDB are out.  Is the momentum with Denmark?? Or the Swiss!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Please tell me I'm wrong but England have won only won knockout game in a major tournament against a perceived big nation since we won the World Cup 55 years ago and that was Spain on penalties in 1996 😂😂😂😂

Correct.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Please tell me I'm wrong but England have won only won knockout game in a major tournament against a perceived big nation since we won the World Cup 55 years ago and that was Spain on penalties in 1996 😂😂😂😂

And at the time, Spain weren't perceived as a big footballing nation.

Plus, technically, it was a draw. We didn't beat them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

Have to say Italy were awful against Austria, without they may have lost.  Have to say Belgium won’t have enough if Hazard & KDB are out.  Is the momentum with Denmark?? Or the Swiss!!

Honestly if there's one team I don't wanna face right now it's the Danes. The togetherness and teamwork in that team following the Eriksen incident has made them a real force, though admittedly the Wales side they faced offered nothing for 75 minutes.

That said, I feel like a counter-attacking side will destroy England's negative possession game, in the same way we used to get turned over regularly by the likes of Palace and Newcastle in Puelball days. For that reason I was relieved that Hungary just got edged out, but I wouldn't fancy facing the Czechs again after their R16 tie. Nor the Swiss after today - they were very good at breaking with pace, even if they ultimately caused France most problems from set pieces.

I can't quite work the Germans out. What exactly is their approach?

Edited by OntarioFox

23 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've turned off the media coverage this morning.  The amount of hype for a team which so far hasn't turned up is staggering.  Expecting a loss this afternoon.  Yes Man will set us up to play more negative football no doubt.

The way this Round of 16 has developed their performance in the group stages is looking more solid. Appears we are the only team what know how to defend for starters. 

Like or not, we are not chaotic - which is to a manager's satisfactory as dull as it is 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

To be perfectly honest, France’s ‘expansive play’ didn’t do them much good last night did it? For Kimpembe and Varane (with Kante in front) to concede three goals in any international game indicates that the manager set the team up very wrongly.

Just get behind the English lads. There’s some on here who’ve given in already without a ball being kicked

👍

• Like 2