Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

31 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

This sums up how I feel exactly.

We’re Burnley in this tournament despite the fact we have the players to play like Man City, the best draw possible and home advantage.

I hope there’s some good attacking football in our next games to create some excitement.

I don't understand this because for ages we've been consistently told that we are rubbish and we have no chance of doing anything at this tournament yet all of a sudden we are supposed to be the best side in the world being hold back by negative tactics. 

I would like see a greater balance between defence and attack but understand Southgates concern about the midfield and defence, even against weaker opposition. Hopefully he will be a bit braver in the next round. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, weller54 said:

England haven't played anyone half decent yet!.. the quality of teams in this tournament is shocking!.. that's the worse German side ive ever seen!

And this Sweden v Ukraine game!!.. absolute dogshit!

England will probably get to the semis without having to play anyone half decent..

Belgium the only quality side in it!

Italy are better than Belgium, that defence of Belgium's is horrifying.

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't understand this because for ages we've been consistently told that we are rubbish and we have no chance of doing anything at this tournament yet all of a sudden we are supposed to be the best side in the world being hold back by negative tactics. 

I would like see a greater balance between defence and attack but understand Southgates concern about the midfield and defence, even against weaker opposition. Hopefully he will be a bit braver in the next round. 

from what i can see i dont think he will change much he has a winning formula with players he can trust and then 3 attackers to nick the goals when required id be happy for him to carry on like yesterday.. im sure sakas spot and phillips will see one or two come in but wouldnt expect to many changes now.. we have won 3 drew 1 and conceded none .. it may be boring i didnt think it was yest but it works

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Give credit to Southgate for once got everything spot yesterday, by far his best result as manager. Been a long time since we knocked out one of the big wigs out the tournament. All I can say is hope Gareth Bale was watching ;)  

England don't have many wins like that at all really. The last time they recorded a significant win was against Argentina in WC 2002. It was a tough group so was the last time they matched a heavyweight albeit in the group stage. The qualifying stages were fun during the 90s up until Greece in 2001. Since then its been plain sailing McClaren aside.

It was the question mark hanging over them from 2018. Tunisia and Panama were as light as anything that World Cup had to offer. The group stage of this Euros has been a lot higher than anything England faced back then.Germany are as weak now than at any point of the 21st century but they still had to be beaten so credit to England for that.

Edited by Blue ROI

23 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

One thing is for certain, I would not want to be the England manager. Southgate gets criticised when we beat teams that we should be beating and is now being criticised for 'not playing our best players'. It's funny because Sven used to be criticised for trying to fit all our best players into the team and not sacrificing one or too. People call Southgate's approach cowardly when for me it's anything but. He picked a side yesterday that was not popular and he openly said that had he lost with that team he'd be dead. That shows real bottle and courage to stick by what you think is right and not cave into media and fan pressure. 

Again I completely agree with you

Southgate himself said during the after match interview that he knew of that formation didn’t work ‘he was dead’ (a little hyperbole there perhaps from Gareth..)

That doesn’t strike me as a ‘bottler’. Quite the opposite 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Some sad news from the game.

Collapsed whilst celebrating the Kane goal.

Puts everything into perspective. 

R.I.P.     How sobering is this, all of a sudden what we consider to be the most important things are nothing of the sort.