Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Disagee...Hodgson got rid of the old guard..started to bring in other potential talent...& did reasonably well..But his team, Not squad selection,went well  Off the 

ralls for that World-cup...!!! He changed & turned his tactics.....He seeme d to Stop listening to himself, and took too much suggestions  on from the media...!!

I am Not sure, Bit I Honestly believe, in that period Running into that W.cup he had a Burn-out ..!!

Nah he was absolutely terrible. To preside over two of the worst tournament showings you'll see from England is some doing. He's a steady manager at club level but he's got a ceiling, England and Liverpool he was totally out of his depth.

• Like 1

Southgate must wake up every day thinking he’s the luckiest bloke alive. Here he is managing the National side and earning ridiculous money. And if the reports are right, the FA are preparing a nice, new contract REGARDLESS of how we do in this tournament.

Only in the modern world…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Southgate must wake up every day thinking he’s the luckiest bloke alive. Here he is managing the National side and earning ridiculous money. And if the reports are right, the FA are preparing a nice, new contract REGARDLESS of how we do in this tournament.

Only in the modern world…

Ridiculous he is about to be given a new deal, we could go crashing out against Germany and Southgate wouldn’t have moved this team forward at all… at least wait to see if he proves himself first 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Ridiculous he is about to be given a new deal, we could go crashing out against Germany and Southgate wouldn’t have moved this team forward at all… at least wait to see if he proves himself first 

We all know the FA are a bunch of "See you next tuesdays", that's never going to change while they can milk the game for their bank-balances. What kind of really bugs me is Southgate will ACCEPT that new contract. Here's a question is Keegan the ONLY manager that has stepped down from his job admitting he's not good enough? 

• Like 2

On 26/06/2021 at 13:06, ttfn said:

I thought the same thing this morning actually.

15 years ago it seemed like there was a flag in every other window and every other car. I’ve barely seen any this year. The amateur psychologist in me wonders if people found another outlet for their nationalism.

Seen more flags out this year than for any of the Hodgson tournaments. Not as many as the late 90’s and 2000’s tournaments but still more than before 

Weren’t many in 2018 tbf till we got past the group stages.

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

What's the craic with pubs for the match? 

I've a mate from out of town staying and wants to watch the match in a boozer. I've no idea of the etiquette atm of whether I can just rock up to, say, oneills, and get a table

You may have to ‘book’ a table, given pubs have to be strict with their capacity.

Obviously that does hinge a lot on where you want to go.

If you’re looking to hit a popular city centre spot, then booking will no doubt be essential. 

If it’s the local, you may be ok as a walk in.

• Thanks 1

On 25/06/2021 at 11:46, ClaphamFox said:

I heard similar except Coady instead of Sterling.

Coady up front with Kane? No wonder Southgate gets bad press...

At least the German team won't understand any of the conversation between the two. They speak my language and I struggle to comprehend both at times.

England's  defo been lucky not having to travel and having all the games at home.

The heightened  expectations  and tension on tuesday may end up being a negative I fear on this occasion.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The UK broadcasters will be getting concerned about viewing figures if all home nation participation ends. 

Not really. Tournament still continues. Still lots of good teams on show. 

Just now, Super_horns said:

Well the hype and expectation will be massive if we beat the Germans!

We beat the Germans, it would be a special result but there would still be 3 more games to play hope things don’t go over board . Think the media haven’t been too bad with overhyping yet 

36 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We beat the Germans, it would be a special result but there would still be 3 more games to play hope things don’t go over board . Think the media haven’t been too bad with overhyping yet 

No not yet probably because we haven’t been that great and the Scotland result dampened a few spirits .

Edited by Super_horns

40 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I still think we will get dumped out by the Germans.  However if we do win, the hype train is going overboard by literally everyone I feel.

Scenes when we get thumped by the Danes in the semi lol

But we'll lose to Germany anyway.