Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've turned off the media coverage this morning.  The amount of hype for a team which so far hasn't turned up is staggering.  Expecting a loss this afternoon.  Yes Man will set us up to play more negative football no doubt.

Negative successful football. When England reach the final playing like that will you want Southgate gone?

Then bring in someone who plays lovely football but gets the team nowhere?

Careful what you wish for. As an outsider, this is the most non-English playing style for a long time and it has finally made the team click and be successful. Look at all the attractive football played in the last "golden generation" (Lampard, Gerrard etc). They got nowhere.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Really don’t care if we shithouse our way to a boring 1-0 aslong as we win. Infact I’d happily see us play out boring 1-0 wins if it meant winning the tournament tbf 

if we make the semis playing like this then that's fine.  otherwise not happy to watch us ......

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To be perfectly honest, France’s ‘expansive play’ didn’t do them much good last night did it? For Kimpembe and Varane (with Kante in front) to concede three goals in any international game indicates that the manager set the team up very wrongly.

Just get behind the English lads. There’s some on here who’ve given in already without a ball being kicked

👍

Varane is very good but I'm not sure Kimpembe is that highly rated to be honest.

Lenglet still getting a kick for a French side with the depth they have is staggering.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've turned off the media coverage this morning.  The amount of hype for a team which so far hasn't turned up is staggering.  Expecting a loss this afternoon.  Yes Man will set us up to play more negative football no doubt.

MSM? Such a sheep. Why don't you watch 'Talk Radio' or selectively find what you want to hear on You Tube? Toby Young is saying 10-0 England, Mike Yeadon's predicting this will be all over in the first 15 minutes and Ivor Cummins is insisting that the entire tournament has been staged. 

• Haha 1

My expectations for this game are VERY low. I'm going to go into this game assuming we'll lose. Anything other then that is going to be a bonus. I can live with shit football if we get far but we'll see. This tournament and the brackets we're in are very favourable to England relatively anyway if we beat Germany. 

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

got a feeling you lot will win. header goal AET to seal the match.

Think they're exactly the sort of team Germany won't want to play. 

German defence is a bit dubious and they've got problems breaking teams down. 

1-0 Sterling wouldn't surprise anyone surely. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

Not sure how true it is, but Kane out with hamstring injury?

Would do us a favour, with a back 7 the last thing we need is Kane dropping back into our own half all the time.

Although captain sensible wold probably swap Kane for Bellingham, you don't want to be too adventurous. 

• Like 1

These are properly there to be got at. If the plan is to suck them in and hit on the break then I'd go for a pacey front three of Saka Rashford Sancho. I've ommitted Sterling as watching him blaze one on ones over and wide would be incredibly frustrating.

If he's playing wing backs then the wing backs better actually have licence to go forwards and play progressive football.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would do us a favour, with a back 7 the last thing we need is Kane dropping back into our own half all the time.

Although captain sensible wold probably swap Kane for Bellingham, you don't want to be too adventurous. 

DCL and long ball would be ideal, or Rashford and play on the counter. Kane has been an absolute nuisance for us recently, like when Rooney used to go looking for the ball round the back of Woolworths 75 yards from the opposition goal.

• Like 2