Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dobbylcfc

PES Is Dead

TBH it makes sense and there have been arguments for this kind of model for annual sports releases for a while now. 

I agree, it does have the potential to be "a fair and balanced experience for all players" if implemented correctly. I'd be happy download the free game and pay £20 to unlock just the Master League for example, it shows real progress and it's going to be very interesting to see where they take it.

Whereas EA still treat their consumers like thick twats and expect them to fork out £80 for re-skinned shit every year.

Well done Konami.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

TBH it makes sense and there have been arguments for this kind of model for annual sports releases for a while now. 

I agree, it does have the potential to be "a fair and balanced experience for all players" if implemented correctly. I'd be happy download the free game and pay £20 to unlock just the Master League for example, it shows real progress and it's going to be very interesting to see where they take it.

Whereas EA still treat their consumers like thick twats and expect them to fork out £80 for re-skinned shit every year.

Well done Konami.

How many copies of fifa sell each year? And how much is the annual income on ultimate team? I've not played a fifa for about 6 years. Was one of my favourite games growing up but it's a horror show these days. 

20 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many copies of fifa sell each year? And how much is the annual income on ultimate team? I've not played a fifa for about 6 years. Was one of my favourite games growing up but it's a horror show these days. 

"EA generated $1.49 billion from UT in FY 2020 and $1.37 billion the previous year. It’s an increasingly important component of EA’s business. Net revenue from Ultimate Team accounted for 29 percent of EA’s entire $5.6 billion net revenue for FY 2021" 

They don't even need to sell annual FIFA titles as an individual products. If they weren't such a fvcking rancid company they'd go the same way as Konami with a free-to-play model, but they won't. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

"EA generated $1.49 billion from UT in FY 2020 and $1.37 billion the previous year. It’s an increasingly important component of EA’s business. Net revenue from Ultimate Team accounted for 29 percent of EA’s entire $5.6 billion net revenue for FY 2021" 

They don't even need to sell annual FIFA titles as an individual products. If they weren't such a fvcking rancid company they'd go the same way as Konami with a free-to-play model, but they won't. 

I'm sorry to be that guy but its a free marketplace and they are positioning their product and people are buying it.

You have to 'be the change' (ie don't buy it).

• Like 2

Quite agree, that's why I don't play it. But I do play apex legends which is another ea abomination of cosmetics and nonsense. I don't account for the people who put money in to it though, I purchases the season 1 season pass and play it enough that every subsequent season pass I've earnt in game. I've effectively played my favourite fps with all the perks for 2 years for 8 quid. So feel I've stuck it to ea somewhat lol

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm sorry to be that guy but its a free marketplace and they are positioning their product and people are buying it.

You have to 'be the change' (ie don't buy it).

Yes, you’re correct in principle but it’s not as simple as that when EA pretty much have a monopoly over this so called “free market” because of license exclusivity.

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Yes, you’re correct in principle but it’s not as simple as that when EA pretty much have a monopoly over this so called “free market” because of license exclusivity.

This.

There are precious few truly free markets, and many more cartels and monopolies using legal chicanery (like the licence exclusivity thing here) to remain so.

Pes died after the ps2/3 lol. I used to LOVE PES  on the ps2. I feel like that was when it was at its peak. You would get that disk and upload all the kits etc. 

Once Fifa sorted its gameplay out in the later stages of the ps3 era it was done for PES. It's a shame because FIFA is dog shit nowadays and PES just isn't close to competing with it. The free model might work in its favour. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Christoph said:

Pes died after the ps2/3 lol. I used to LOVE PES  on the ps2. I feel like that was when it was at its peak. You would get that disk and upload all the kits etc. 

Once Fifa sorted its gameplay out in the later stages of the ps3 era it was done for PES. It's a shame because FIFA is dog shit nowadays and PES just isn't close to competing with it. The free model might work in its favour. 

PES 5/6 is the peak of football games

• Like 1

If you actual watch the full reveal it is the death of it as any sort of competition to FIFA. They're moving away from single player and definitely focusing more on mobile gamers which makes sense for them as PES mobile is a big hit. But this is done as a decent football game on console now. Also means EA have little to no incentive to make FIFA any better. Probably the death of any good football game on consoles ever again.

It looked like total crap too gameplay wise.

On 21/07/2021 at 17:18, RoboFox said:

Well done Konami.

Rumour has it this is the last paid fifa and it'll be moving to a paid subscription based model. How that would work for FUT I don't know.

I'm one of the suckers for Fifa and I really don't know why I keep falling for their traps.

Even the premier league teams, a lot of the fringe players aren't even photo realistic, they are made up of generic looking players.

For the money it costs, I'd expect every single player to be photo realistic at the very least.