Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Easier as Pereira isn't for sale and Bailey is.

Both want 30m for them both but WBA want 30m plus 25% sell on profit clause.

Hasn't the WBA chairman said Pereira will leave this summer?

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Bollocks. Time is the 4th dimension. One moment after another. The existence of humans has no bearing on it.

Transfer forum has gone to the dogs.  lol

But back on topic, time as a measurement is defined by humankind, of course it has bearing, it’s passing of time as a concept I will agree needs no outside observers.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But back on topic, time as a measurement is defined by humankind, of course it has bearing, it’s passing of time as a concept I will agree needs no outside observers.

Time has no boundaries and is only relevant to the person living it. 

Time is stretched the further away you go and currently visible to a diameter of 33 billion light years from earth and we will never see past this observable universe barrier and into the unobservable universe beyond.

Maybe after writing that something would've happened in the winger thread. Ciao.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

On this planet time is only a human concept. So until we know of other life forms  that also use time. It had no use before us and only exists in our minds.

Or time is a fundamental part of reality. That’s certainly what Einstein thought, he thought reality was a four dimensional space time

Although in general relativity there is no reason why time should go forward rather than backwards . The maths works

just as well in either direction. The only thing in physics that has an arrow of time is entropy hence my earlier comment. 

I do think your proposition is a very interesting one. FWIW I am 50:50 whether time is a fundamental aspect of reality or simply something we humans have invented for evolutionary advantage

in other news I think Dan James would be a good addition, particularly under BR’s guiding hand 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

lol Well, of course the measurement of time is defined by humankind (well, partly. Minutes, hours and weeks are arbitrary, but the length of a day or a year are observed). I don't believe the measurement of time is synonymous with time itself, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

I've mentioned adli a lot because 

A:He's played across a multitude of positions in various formations BUT he's best on the right as a rf, or slightly tucked in RW. He's even played as a striker at times. 

B:. He's very capable of playing in 352 in various spots given that this was toulouses main formation, and he succeeded. Regardless he's not limited to only play in said formation. 

I was massively in favour of Adli and we have scouted him loads last season but he won't get a work permit in Ligue 2.

34 minutes ago, rex fox said:

Or time is a fundamental part of reality. That’s certainly what Einstein thought, he thought reality was a four dimensional space time

Although in general relativity there is no reason why time should go forward rather than backwards . The maths works

just as well in either direction. The only thing in physics that has an arrow of time is entropy hence my earlier comment. 

I do think your proposition is a very interesting one. FWIW I am 50:50 whether time is a fundamental aspect of reality or simply something we humans have invented for evolutionary advantage

in other news I think Dan James would be a good addition, particularly under BR’s guiding hand 

Bit a departure from the thread, but nvm.  The first thing to understand is that time is an equivalent of (e.g.) distance, not meters/km etc. - it's a dimension to be measured, not just the measurement itself.

Secondly, through the work done in particle/quantum physics and the (more abstract) mathematics to describe it - (specifically imaginary numbers, here) - we've found out that after a certain number of dimensions, directions are no longer reversible.  This may be a reason for time only working in one direction.

Hopefully we can find a winger who's good in all four dimensions, not just three, two, or one? :P

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Villa land Bailey we best have something up our sleeves…… for that price as well he could be a steal.

Villa get Bailey, Palace get Madueke, Milan get Adli, West Ham get Pereira, we get Jordan Ibe

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Villa land Bailey we best have something up our sleeves…… for that price as well he could be a steal.

If Villa get Bailey and we end up with Perez and Albrighton all season then I'm ending it.

1 hour ago, rex fox said:

Given time I'm sure Dan James would be.

2 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Ok so you got all your info from a 8 minute highlight video. Proves my point you haven't actually watched him for 90 mins. Nice one 

No however if you want to be a dick about things I will explain.

I've watched bundesliga alot mostly wolfsburg, and red bull leipzig also Leverkusen.

Bailey stats are very impressive and yes he has just as much stamina as anyone else we have on a pitch at LCFC.

The difference is he Is a game winner and potentially under the right manager a world class player.

However he has played mostly on the Left wing but also just as effective on the RW. But he has scored like 45 goals in 150 games also tallying almost 26 assists.

But I guess this won't fit your narrative as you just want to have a Bitch.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The People's Hero said:

This is a barmy argument.

Is Messi also garbage? Mbappe? Neymar?

Clubs have made no secret of wanting those players, last season’s Messi-Man City flirting being case in point but they are ludicrously expensive.

Bailey wouldn’t command anyone near as big a fee. If clubs thought he had top PL potential he would have been snatched up by now. But he hasn’t. His name has been doing the rounds for years now, yet he’s still at Bayer.

2 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Clubs have made no secret of wanting those players, last season’s Messi-Man City flirting being case in point but they are ludicrously expensive.

Bailey wouldn’t command anyone near as big a fee. If clubs thought he had top PL potential he would have been snatched up by now. But he hasn’t. His name has been doing the rounds for years now, yet he’s still at Bayer.

Good to know you wouldn't have had us sign Kante, Ndidi, Mahrez, Fofana, Tielemans, Castagne, Riccy P, Praet etc; since they hadn't already been snapped up by PL clubs so are obviously trash.