Popular Post Countryfox Posted 17 June 2022 Popular Post Posted 17 June 2022 23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said: If only all elite footballers were like him ... and a few wags should read this as well ... I wonder how many hospitals could have been bought if Ms Rooney & Vardy had settled things over a drink and got on with their lives ... Hats off Patson !!! ... 17
Popular Post Stadt Posted 17 June 2022 Popular Post Posted 17 June 2022 (edited) Catching up on the last few pages of this thread. To put it bluntly there's some very stupid people on this site. He started 22 games last season, scored 11 goals and set 5 up, there was a spell where he was badly out of form but that coincided with us being almost completely dysfunctional as a team. He's got an immense future. Edited 17 June 2022 by Stadt 35
Always Next Year Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 Rodgers not really given him a chance to prove how good he is, we will eventually let him go and he will become a gem playing against us in the future
Popular Post Viva Posted 18 June 2022 Popular Post Posted 18 June 2022 9 minutes ago, Always Next Year said: Rodgers not really given him a chance to prove how good he is, we will eventually let him go and he will become a gem playing against us in the future He has though hasn’t he. He’s probably played more than he would have expected last season. Will have plenty more opportunities next season to hopefully show what he’s capable of. 14
coolhandfox Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 (edited) 4 hours ago, Always Next Year said: Rodgers not really given him a chance to prove how good he is, we will eventually let him go and he will become a gem playing against us in the future In front of him he had Vardy, 133 PL goals and 19/20 golden boot winner and Nacho who had just had his best ever season. He was alway going to have limited game time this season, he played 1982 minutes which is the equivalent 22 full games Edited 18 June 2022 by coolhandfox 4
Sampson Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 (edited) On 17/06/2022 at 13:13, LestaAl said: He’ll be even better this coming season. If we had European football next season, I’d agree. As it is, I just can’t see him getting the same gametime next season with no European football. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our failiure to qualify for Europe and us having much less games next season. Edited 18 June 2022 by Sampson
Guest Col city fan Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 I have big hopes for Patson at Leicester. I’ve seen enough of him to think there’s a goal scorer in there and that he’s going to be successful here.
smudger63 Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 1 hour ago, Sampson said: If we had European football next season, I’d agree. As it is, I just can’t see him getting the same gametime next season with no European football. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our failiure to qualify for Europe and us having much less games next season. It`s not going to happen because Rodgers is not really a fan of two up front, but i`d like him to play up front with Vardy. They tore Liverpool apart in the early part of the game in the League cup, with Maddison feeding them, then Daka got injured and ended up having to come off at, or just after half time.
lgfualol Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 How much is this chap going to play if we keep Nacho and Vardy doesnt pick up any injuries?
TJB-fox Posted 18 June 2022 Posted 18 June 2022 4 hours ago, lgfualol said: How much is this chap going to play if we keep Nacho and Vardy doesnt pick up any injuries? Huge if
Sampson Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 (edited) 17 hours ago, TJB-fox said: Huge if Not really. No one seems interested in Nacho and last season was the first lengthy injury Vardy had had for us since his first season in the Championship. Neither are particularly big ifs. I like Daka a lot, but I can see him really struggling for gametime next season with no European football and us not needing to rotate Vardy if we’re only playing 1 game a week - and it being hard to find the gametime for Daka to develop. It will probably be him just being thrown on in the odd last 20 minutes of a game where we’re searching for a goal next season and a round or two of starts in the domestic cups and that’s about it. Edited 19 June 2022 by Sampson
foxinsocks Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 Just now, Sampson said: Not really. No one seems interested in Nacho and last season was the first lengthy injury Vardy had had for us since his first season in the Championship. Neither are particularly big ifs. I like Daka a lot, but I can see him really struggling for gametime next season with no European football and it being hard to find the gametime for him to develop. It will probably be him just being thrown on in the odd last 20 minutes of a game where we’re searching for a goal next season and a round or two of starts in the domestic cups and that’s about it. Daka is a work in progress. He needs a personal coach to look at how he learns the skills and habits of a top epl cf. Why dont we develop him?
Sampson Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 (edited) 9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said: Daka is a work in progress. He needs a personal coach to look at how he learns the skills and habits of a top epl cf. Why dont we develop him? I’m talking about actual gametime. I’m sure development coaching goes on anyway, but best way to improve a player is through playing. As I said I think he’s got potential and I like him, but when do people who keep saying he’s going to have a great season think he’s actually going to play without European football? He was being played in European games last season and then when Vardy got a lengthy injury or needed rotating. Now we’re only playing 1 game a week and Vardy won’t need rotating as much and we don’t have the European games, he’s essentially losing what would have been his guaranteed gametime next season to develop. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our lack of European football. How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games outside the league in the League and FA Cup and that’s it. Edited 19 June 2022 by Sampson
foxinsocks Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 (edited) 21 hours ago, Sampson said: I’m talking about actual gametime. I’m sure development coaching goes on anyway, but best way to improve a player is through playing. He was being played in European games last season and then when Vardy got a lengthy injury or needed rotating. Now we’re only playing 1 game a week and Vardy won’t need rotating as much and we don’t have the European games, he’s essentially losing what would have been his guaranteed gametime next season to develop. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our lack of European football. How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games in the League and FA Cup and that’s it. I agree this is a point. I would line to see Daka being given 25 mins each game. Face it, although we all love Jamie (his finishing is incomparable) his form and fitness will diminish each season now. Btw I think there is no evidence that we have individual coaches to develop players despite spending a lot on their wages. In fact rodgers seems to abandon players. Players are expensive to buy and to wage. This is madness imo. Edited 20 June 2022 by foxinsocks 1
MarriedaLeicesterGirl Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 1 hour ago, Sampson said: How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games outside the league in the League and FA Cup and that’s it. I think 10 is a minimum, given the larger number of mid-week games, and the fact we will be giving some priority to the Cups. But let's face it, Jamie Vardy is a 35-year-old striker in the Premier League: Every niggle is going to see him miss starts, if not games. I would not be surprised if Daka starts 20 games next season. 2
Supergray22 Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 9 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said: I think 10 is a minimum, given the larger number of mid-week games, and the fact we will be giving some priority to the Cups. But let's face it, Jamie Vardy is a 35-year-old striker in the Premier League: Every niggle is going to see him miss starts, if not games. I would not be surprised if Daka starts 20 games next season. Yes i would hope he starts more than 10. Whilst I don’t expect Jamie to lose his considerable powers suddenly I would expect Daka to continue to improve to the point where he provides genuine competition. This what we hope for but things often don’t turn out the way we expect. 1
Sampson Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 (edited) 19 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said: I think 10 is a minimum, given the larger number of mid-week games, and the fact we will be giving some priority to the Cups. But let's face it, Jamie Vardy is a 35-year-old striker in the Premier League: Every niggle is going to see him miss starts, if not games. I would not be surprised if Daka starts 20 games next season. As far as I can tell, there are only 3 midweek league games all season and we’ll only give the cups priority in the later rounds if we reach them. I’d be surprised if he starts 10 league games at a mimium. That essentially means Vardy is starting less than 28 games which I can’t see barring a lengthy injury. Edited 19 June 2022 by Sampson
MarriedaLeicesterGirl Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said: Yes i would hope he starts more than 10. Whilst I don’t expect Jamie to lose his considerable powers suddenly I would expect Daka to continue to improve to the point where he provides genuine competition. This what we hope for but things often don’t turn out the way we expect. I just don't see Jamie sustaining 90 minutes at full tilt, even at his "smarter, less movement" energy levels under Rodgers. I expect to see him transition to playing 60-75 minutes a game, them alternating as an impact sub, as post-match recovery times continue to increase. 2
MarriedaLeicesterGirl Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 3 minutes ago, Sampson said: As far as I can tell, there are only 3 midweek league games all season and we’ll only give the cups priority in the later rounds if we reach them. I’d be surprised if he starts 10 at a mimium. That essentially means Vardy is starting less than 28 games which I can’t see. Midweek games always increase as the season goes on, due to scheduling conflicts. Since we are out of Europe, I expect Rodgers to field strong teams in the Cups, like he did his first full year. 1
Supergray22 Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said: I just don't see Jamie sustaining 90 minutes at full tilt, even at his "smarter, less movement" energy levels under Rodgers. I expect to see him transition to playing 60-75 minutes a game, them alternating as an impact sub, as post-match recovery times continue to increase. Of course you are right. That is going to happen sooner or later and he may just decide to hang up his boots or try something different. I just find the thought of it makes me feel quite sad.
Clever Fox Posted 19 June 2022 Posted 19 June 2022 1 hour ago, Supergray22 said: Of course you are right. That is going to happen sooner or later and he may just decide to hang up his boots or try something different. I just find the thought of it makes me feel quite sad. Yes,This may well be his final season. He may choose to take a lucrative Contract elsewhere, And who could blame him. He's been nothing short of exceptional for us. 1
filbertway Posted 21 July 2022 Posted 21 July 2022 Only saw the highlights last night, but the way he took that goal on his weaker foot was phenomenal. Good work rate to get back and win the ball after losing in. That wasn't the finish of a chancer, that was a top form Kelechi type of finish. 1
Lesta2014 Posted 21 July 2022 Posted 21 July 2022 Took both his goals in pre season well so far. I reckon he will improve on his 11 goals from last season in all comps too despite the lack of European football.
Heskey2011 Posted 21 July 2022 Posted 21 July 2022 There's 5 subs this coming season so not sure about starts but I'd expect Daka to finish 20+ games and Vardy not to finish many at all. 1
Recommended Posts