Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

Desperate to go in to Northampton to laugh at all the Liverpool fans, but the Mrs won't let me :(

We stopped off in a pub after I finished work earlier, about 6ish, for a pint.

They wouldn't let us in as all tables were booked from 7 lol

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This is a total joke of a post. An absolute and utter disgrace from the French cops today, the late kickoff was nothing to do with the late arrival of fans or ‘thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets blocking the turnstiles.’ They fancied beating up Liverpool fans. We were kettles alongside them far from the turnstiles for a long time. Indiscriminate battening (I got hit) and tear gas thrown around. Kids hit and smashed into barriers. Few videos of French kids storming into the ground tho… all the whole Madrid fans streaming into the ground using duplicate tickets and not an eye batted. Hope the palace ultras or a proper European team run through the disgusting scum cops soon 

Sorry that's happened to you, but please don't paint Liverpool fans as angels.

There's a couple of occasions that certainly back up the fact that they're not.

2 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Also, well done to the Parisian gendarmerie for dealing firmly but fairly with some very unsavoury characters tonight.

Really?

I've not scene a lot of whats gone on but the BBC have even reported the french police spraying completely innocent Liverpool fans with pepper spray. One of them was reporting for 5Live while there purely as a fan. Doesn't all sound fair to me at all.

I assume there have been some fans being a bit naughty, but let's not go painting this all a certain way because it's Scousers.

Wasn't all that long ago we all got murder in the press when we were in Madrid ourselves, even though the reality was a small bunch of Leicester idiots and a brutal response from the Spanish police.

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This is a total joke of a post. An absolute and utter disgrace from the French cops today, the late kickoff was nothing to do with the late arrival of fans or ‘thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets blocking the turnstiles.’ They fancied beating up Liverpool fans. We were kettles alongside them far from the turnstiles for a long time. Indiscriminate battening (I got hit) and tear gas thrown around. Kids hit and smashed into barriers. Few videos of French kids storming into the ground tho… all the whole Madrid fans streaming into the ground using duplicate tickets and not an eye batted. Hope the palace ultras or a proper European team run through the disgusting scum cops soon 

They almost certainly didnt fancy just beating you up.

I cant comment on the specific scenes tonight, but theres been previous in other finals of this storming behaviour, and on one particular occasion we all know what transpired that day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Not painting them as angels at all but how this has been portrayed in the little media I’ve seen so far is a joke. It’s complete lies. I was literally at the heart of the incident for hours tonight 

3 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

They almost certainly didnt fancy just beating you up.

I cant comment on the specific scenes tonight, but theres been previous in other finals of this storming behaviour, and on one particular occasion we all know what transpired that day.

You cant comment on the specifics tonight. Leave it at that mate. You have no idea what happened 

Edit - also bringing up tragic incidents from over 30 years ago to justify your post whilst watching on tv. Actually laughable. 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Really?

I've not scene a lot of whats gone on but the BBC have even reported the french police spraying completely innocent Liverpool fans with pepper spray. One of them was reporting for 5Live while there purely as a fan. Doesn't all sound fair to me at all.

I assume there have been some fans being a bit naughty, but let's not go painting this all a certain way because it's Scousers.

Wasn't all that long ago we all got murder in the press when we were in Madrid ourselves, even though the reality was a small bunch of Leicester idiots and a brutal response from the Spanish police.

Whilst not sticking up for foreign police, what are they meant to do?

There's videos of the scumbags clearly scaling the fences and breaking through security, so you do what you neeed to do to stop it.

The innocent fans have been punished because if the scum.

If the scum isn't there, it doesn't happen.

Nobody will see it like that though.

That stadium has hosted the biggest events since the late 90's, but its just a coincidence it's kicked off when Liverpool are there? 

Please.

• Like 2

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Not painting them as angels at all but how this has been portrayed in the little media I’ve seen so far is a joke. It’s complete lies. I was literally at the heart of the incident for hours tonight 

To be fair a lot of the media at the game have commented appropriately. It’s people using idiotic stereotypes. Until you’ve witnessed or been part of how disorganised a lot of foreign stewarding and policing of major events, you’ll never get past that. Hope you are okay 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He didn't say they were angels though, did he Tom? 

Every club has its idiots, we all know that. 

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

He didn't say they were angels though, did he Tom? 

Every club has its idiots, we all know that. 

But why had it happened?

The Liverpool 'fans' have got out of hand and the police have had to show authority.

Blame it on the fvcking scumbags that ruin it for everyone.

But, no. Just claim being a victim.

Can honest fans not understand that????

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Whilst not sticking up for foreign police, what are they meant to do?

There's videos of the scumbags clearly scaling the fences and breaking through security, so you do what you neeed to do to stop it.

The innocent fans have been punished because if the scum.

If the scum isn't there, it doesn't happen.

Nobody will see it like that though.

That stadium has hosted the biggest events since the late 90's, but its just a coincidence it's kicked off when Liverpool are there? 

Please.

And what proof of these are Liverpool fans? One of the videos doing the rounds is actually people trying to escape a crush because of the disgusting kettle the police had built. 

Reading more into tonight, the Police/Stadium decided to set up numerous checkpoints leading from the train station but were not checking significantly on fake tickets. Their answer to the fake tickets problem was rather than actually being set up properly, they just gave up and then at turnstiles locked them. So you had numerous kettle and bottlenecks of larger crowds. People get angry at their treatment and tear gas goes off 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And what proof of these are Liverpool fans? One of the videos doing the rounds is actually people trying to escape a crush because of the disgusting kettle the police had built. 

Reading more into tonight, the Police/Stadium decided to set up numerous checkpoints leading from the train station but were not checking significantly on fake tickets. Their answer to the fake tickets problem was rather than actually being set up properly, they just gave up and then at turnstiles locked them. 

Exactly.

You're deflecting it away from the fault of anyone associated with Liverpool. 

Shall we blame South Yorkshire Police? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reading more into tonight, the Police/Stadium decided to set up numerous checkpoints leading from the train station but were not checking significantly on fake tickets. Their answer to the fake tickets problem was rather than actually being set up properly, they just gave up and then at turnstiles locked them. 

''What proof that these are Liverpool fans?'' Who else do you think they were? Are you suggesting that non-Liverpool fans have travelled to Paris in order to misbehave and discredit the genuine Liverpool fans?

Paris these days is basically a permanent tinder box which could explode at any moment. They've had major riots, the burning of one of the world's most historic buildings and they have to put up with a state of constant low-level urban warfare. The police there are not going to suffer fools gladly.

• Like 2