Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

You're deflecting it away from the fault of anyone associated with Liverpool. 

Shall we blame South Yorkshire Police? 

I'm done. Clearly doesn't matter what happened if you're going to throw out comments like that.

This thread is toast. 

Cya.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

Disgusting post. Get a grip. If it were to to me you'd be barred from FT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ceredigion said:

''What proof that these are Liverpool fans?'' Who else do you think they were? Are you suggesting that non-Liverpool fans have travelled to Paris in order to misbehave and discredit the genuine Liverpool fans?

Paris these days is basically a permanent tinder box which could explode at any moment. They've had major riots, the burning of one of the world's most historic buildings and they have to put up with a state of constant low-level urban warfare. The police there are not going to suffer fools gladly.

Why exactly is Paris such a mess?

Just now, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

Ermmm. I don’t really get the relevance of this reply. I have laid out what’s been reported by the media who were actually there (just like Groby). It’s also a pretty widespread confirmation by numerous on-site journalists from less partisan sources such as Associated Press (one of their journalists got taken away by security and told to delete the videos he filmed). The likes of Gary Lineker at the ground ain’t going to saying how farcical it was for him to get in given he doesn’t really gain either way. 

Your opinion has a biased hunch based on an awful stereotype. 

Hundreds of Leicester fans used fake tickets in Rome and others climbed over fences to get into Randers.

Out of interest have you been abroad to watch football? A Leicester fan had a medical emergency in the end at Roma and the police/stewards/medical staff were by large completely ignorant of it. The policing of football fans abroad, particularly English, is absolutely detestable 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

''What proof that these are Liverpool fans?'' Who else do you think they were? Are you suggesting that non-Liverpool fans have travelled to Paris in order to misbehave and discredit the genuine Liverpool fans?

Paris these days is basically a permanent tinder box which could explode at any moment. They've had major riots, the burning of one of the world's most historic buildings and they have to put up with a state of constant low-level urban warfare. The police there are not going to suffer fools gladly.

Local youths were climbing fences to get into the ground. In much the same way that occurred in Wembley last summer. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ermmm. I don’t really get the relevance of this reply. I have laid out what’s been reported by the media who were actually there (just like Groby). It’s also a pretty widespread confirmation by numerous on-site journalists from less partisan sources such as Associated Press (one of their journalists got taken away by security and told to delete the videos he filmed). The likes of Gary Lineker at the ground ain’t going to saying how farcical it was for him to get in given he doesn’t really gain either way. 

Your opinion has a biased hunch based on an awful stereotype. 

Hundreds of Leicester fans used fake tickets in Rome and others climbed over fences to get into Randers.

Out of interest have you been abroad to watch football? A Leicester fan had a medical emergency in the end at Roma and the police/stewards/medical staff were by large completely ignorant of it. The policing of football fans abroad, particularly English, is absolutely detestable 

Surely his obvious point is the first people to condemn are the people with the fake tickets, without them the police dont need to react to anything.

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Did anyone post this before the game?

It's incredible. 

The disrespect for a club he also played for lol

The bloke moved to Man U!!! He has zero respect or morals in football

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To be fair a lot of the media at the game have commented appropriately. It’s people using idiotic stereotypes. Until you’ve witnessed or been part of how disorganised a lot of foreign stewarding and policing of major events, you’ll never get past that. Hope you are okay 

My god an actual sensible post. Reading some of the comments here from people sitting in bed watching on tv it’s not surprising how easily the tories and media can just outright lie to people to manipulate them into believing anything. It’s shameless. They have no idea what happened. The one video of people storming barriers is French kids. The other videos of ‘storming’ is Liverpool climbing a wall to escape the crush a long way from the turnstiles. I was one of these people as I was terrified of what may happen next. The police set up blockades for Liverpool fans from the metro to the train station. No checks on tickets, just herding people to beat them. Wondering if any videos are circulating of the 15/20 Madrid fans we saw smashing a fence to get in, Madrid fan punching a cop? I was at the Liverpool fanzone all day.  No trouble at all 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Mate what are you saying. Seriously just stay in bed. You have no clue what you’re talking about 

Just now, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Surely his obvious point is the first people to condemn are the people with the fake tickets, without them the police dont need to react to anything.

And every event of this nature will have fake, counterfeit tickets. That applies to every other international, concert and final played at Stade de France. As I said it happened literally amongst Leicester fans in Rome at the start of the month. Photoshopped tickets.

The difference being that good stewarding and/or policing has checkpoints set up

a distance away from the ground to do security checks and ticket checks. So anyone holding a fake ticket does not get anywhere near the ground. This wasn’t done properly tonight, so you ended up with thousands at a turnstile and those with fakes or wanting to climb have it a lot more easier. 

When I have been modern stadiums such as Allianz Arena or even larger stadiums like the Olimpiastadion for big games, you are subject to two or three different checks before you get to the turnstile. 

Tonight this wasn’t properly done or staffed. So it started to fall to pieces. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just on my point regards checkpoints/turnstiles and ‘why didn’t this happen before’, point 2 illustrates my overall view. 

Ok, so ive never followed Leicester or England away, so I have a few questions.

1) on the checkpoints thing, is this the police, or delegates from UEFA/ stewards that check the tickets for being real or not?

2) If my ticket is checked and its fake, who stops me and where do I go? where am I sent to and by whom? whats stopping me getting to the stadium anyway?

3) How should the police respond and bring order to an escalating situation that isnt going to result in some kind of force?

4) I thought UEFA worked with the police from the city but also the police from the cities of the teams in order to create the arrangements on the day and stop such situations becoming bad, so what happens in this regard?

Ultimately ive got no desire to follow a team away in europe because the experience sounds expensive and totally shit, so the point is moot.

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just on my point regards checkpoints/turnstiles and ‘why didn’t this happen before’, point 2 illustrates my overall view. 

Exactly. Uefa are the tories of the football world. Tonight, reading comments on here, is a stark lesson of how you can lie to fool people. I didn’t have my ticket checked until I got to the turnstile. Forgot to mention in all this, I went with my friend who is a French speaker, who was waved through all this madness by shouting in French to identify himself as native to the cops 

1 minute ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Ok, so ive never followed Leicester or England away, so I have a few questions.

1) on the checkpoints thing, is this the police, or delegates from UEFA/ stewards that check the tickets for being real or not?

2) If my ticket is checked and its fake, who stops me and where do I go? where am I sent to and by whom? whats stopping me getting to the stadium anyway?

3) How should the police respond and bring order to an escalating situation that isnt going to result in some kind of force?

4) I thought UEFA worked with the police from the city but also the police from the cities of the teams in order to create the arrangements on the day and stop such situations becoming bad, so what happens in this regard?

Ultimately ive got no desire to follow a team away in europe because the experience sounds expensive and totally shit, so the point is moot.

In my opinion 

2- you get turned around, if you can’t enter the matchzone with your own beer you can’t enter with a f***ing fake ticket 

3- you’re missing the point completely. THEY escalated the situation tonight by rampant beating. Will people just sit there and take it? I am v mild mannered but even I shoved a cop and swore at him after being hit. treat people like adults. Ask anyone who went to Randers away how this is done.

conclusion - you’re missing out bigtime by not doing European aways. There’s nothing better 

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

In my opinion 

2- you get turned around, if you can’t enter the matchzone with your own beer you can’t enter with a f***ing fake ticket 

3- you’re missing the point completely. THEY escalated the situation tonight by rampant beating. Will people just sit there and take it? I am v mild mannered but even I shoved a cop and swore at him after being hit. treat people like adults. Ask anyone who went to Randers away how this is done.

conclusion - you’re missing out bigtime by not doing European aways. There’s nothing better 

If ive got a fake ticket, why would i need to be anywhere near a "match zone" though. Whats stopping me getting my fake ticket, going about my own thing and turning up at the stadium and creating the issue?

I hope Liverpool have enjoyed their best side ever. 

And I really hope they enjoy their victory parade around the city tomorrow, especially given what happened 37 years ago to the day.

Classy club.

And some wonder why people associated with the club are looked upon negatively. 

• Haha 1