Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Cryptocurrency

In the space of 3 months my investment (£10) is up 34 % (£13.41)

PayPal started offering it, so, I thought it would be interesting to see how it performs 

ultimatley it’s likely to grow and become more mainstream…

we can all dream of investing in bitcoin 7 years ago!

But, invest what you can afford to lose and enjoy any upside if it arrives

i wouldn’t bet on clearing my mortgage with it, but, others may to choose to role the dice…. I couldn’t afford to

i may punt a bit more into it in the future 

Edited by Wolfox

57 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

PayPal started offering it, so, I thought it would be interesting to see how it performs 

i wouldn’t bet on cleaning my mortgage with it, but, others may to choose to role the dice…. I couldn’t afford to

Wouldn’t bother buying coins from PayPal. You don’t actually own the coin instead you own an iou. Robin Hood in America does the same. Better off buying them off an exchange like kraken or Coinbase or whatever is popular now

13 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Wouldn’t bother buying coins from PayPal. You don’t actually own the coin instead you own an iou. Robin Hood in America does the same. Better off buying them off an exchange like kraken or Coinbase or whatever is popular now

I use this and TBH wish I hadn't. I'd research them first. They have a habit of just locking your account for no reason and then ignoring you for weeks (this happened to me). Some people have had like £50k in there and then their account locked for a year.

32 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I didn’t know that…. PayPal was simply an easy way to put money down allowing me to track it…. If I was putting some proper wonga down, I’d be a bit more careful…!

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would anyone recommend it as an investment?

If you’re prepared to put the money in and leave it there for a few years then yes. 
The market moves very quickly though so if you invest in the right place there is quick money to be made

• Thanks 1

Plenty of good buying opportunities currently given the recent correction. I'm up around £20k since June having lumped into Verasity (VRA) which attempts to solve ad fraud with its patented proof of view tech. It still has plenty of room to grow. 

It's also worth looking into Kadena which was created to fix the scaling problem with Bitcoin and is the only proof-of-work protocol to solve the issue.

There's so many good projects out there if you spend a bit of time to do some research and it's only a matter of time until the Metaverse plays explode again with millions already invested in virtual land. Crazy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would anyone recommend it as an investment?

Yes, but as a mid to long term investment.

The next 12-18 months are going to see a huge push from VC firms in Tech startups to help drive mainstream adoption of Crypto, as seen with the Matt Damon advert for Crypto.com and 100's of video games in development that are being built using blockchain technology.

It might be good to wait a few months to see who "wins" the "proof of stake" race that is happening with various projects right now. You are probably aware that Crypto is bad for the environment, and that's because Crypto transactions are verified by a scheme called "proof of work" which is very taxing. Proof of stake will cut this down to an almost insignificant amount and will help open the floodgates. Etherium looks like the likely winner here, but it might not be the only benefactor of such technology.

As Crypto becomes more and more prevalent, prices will rocket and will likely lead to the biggest redistribution of wealth in human history. Sadly this will probably mean redistribution from old world money to tech and crypto bros, but I'd argue such people are the far lesser of the two evils. The reason why I am so bullish on it is because Crypto will disrupt Banking, which of course is an industry that is all about money. Think about Uber with Taxis, Spotify for Music, AirBnB for holidays, etc. A big tech innovation can totally change the winners in any given industry and Banking is long over due a punch in the nose.

FYI, I work at a Blockchain gaming startup (my own company) and was in Finland last week for an event called Slush 2021, which is the biggest VC and Tech get together in Europe. All anyone was talking about was Crypto and Crypto technology. I spoke to funds that were bankrolling over 2.2 Billion in Crypto investments over the next 2 years, and a new fund was just announced by another VC that is worth 2.5 Billion. Who the winner will be is uncertain, but the Snowball is quickly becoming an Avalanche.

Don't just jump in, spend at least a month thoroughly researching the subject first and get your head around it. But if you've got money spare in the bank that will not collect any interest, I'd put a lot of it into Crypto. It's what I've done personally!

• Thanks 1

Its a very volatile market especially now as more regulation and legitimacy is being added.

My very small holding doubled over the past year... but has fallen to "just" be up 25% as of today.

I love the concept of a payment system outside the major bank cartels and can only imagine that it will gain popularity in the next 10 years...but it will get more regfualtion, so its value will rise and fall.

In the end, as with any "gamble", dont bet what you cant afford to lose.

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

i wouldn’t bet on clearing my mortgage with it, but, others may to choose to role the dice…. I couldn’t afford to

Im sure i asked this very question in 2015 or thereabouts....on this very site lol... if only i listened to myself and bought then :)

• Like 1

The volatility around crypto is crazy, so if you do invest in it, be prepared to see your funds act like a roller coaster.

I've put in £3k, to date, into Telcoin and VRA around May time and have seen that 3k go to 5k > 2k > 7k and currently sits back around 3k. So if you can figure out when the sell/buy there is a lot of money to be made.

Do your own research though as there are alot of 'rug pull' scams.

It's volatile but if you get in solid coins early and leave the investment for over a year or two you should see really good gains.. some projects go up 1000s in % you just need to do your research.

There are so many other ways to make money through staking and such and then you have the metaverse (see Facebook), nfts (massive industry) and defi gaming where you can play to earn.. it's only going to get bigger imo.

I have invested $50,000 AUD in a  range of crypto currency (mainly  Bitcoin and Ethereum), and I'm currently sitting at $400,000 in the space of 2 years. However, even with those returns,  I struggle to recommend it to anyone because it is so volatile and relatively new.

The only advice I'd be comfortable giving is to only invest what you can afford to lose, and if you do buy, just hold onto it. I don't know anyone who has been successful trying to trade it.

11 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Its a very volatile market especially now as more regulation and legitimacy is being added.

My very small holding doubled over the past year... but has fallen to "just" be up 25% as of today.

I love the concept of a payment system outside the major bank cartels and can only imagine that it will gain popularity in the next 10 years...but it will get more regfualtion, so its value will rise and fall.

In the end, as with any "gamble", dont bet what you cant afford to lose.

Im sure i asked this very question in 2015 or thereabouts....on this very site lol... if only i listened to myself and bought then :)

I thought capitalism was a cult? ;)

Sadly this isn't something that I can get in to as it would become an obsession like gambling as the volatility would lead me to go chasing my losses. However my brother is in to it massively, as is his mate who has 200k in it and is up to £1.9m, but that crashed down to 600k and has re-risen so it shows how nuts it all is. Its for the long game which as a compulsive gambler means I'm out.

I'll stick to a simple life rather than chasing the Yankee dollar.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2021 at 11:18, Tomek said:

I have invested $50,000 AUD in a  range of crypto currency (mainly  Bitcoin and Ethereum), and I'm currently sitting at $400,000 in the space of 2 years. However, even with those returns,  I struggle to recommend it to anyone because it is so volatile and relatively new.

The only advice I'd be comfortable giving is to only invest what you can afford to lose, and if you do buy, just hold onto it. I don't know anyone who has been successful trying to trade it.

When you say trade it, do you mean quick flips? Rather than just selling it in the future, because surely buying and selling in the long term is just trading it aswell? 

Couple of lads at work are into this, one has made tens of thousands, but it’s all cyber money still, when do people actually withdraw all the money and have it physically in their bank?

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

Where do you get them, they aren't on coinbase as yet?

Best way is to buy BNB from Binance, and swap BNB into $STRX using PancakeSwap. It's so early in the project they don't have native listings in top exchanges yet but the project has some serious backing behind it through OTC deals and is planning to release their main platform Q4 2022. 

Video on how to buy is linked below for you mate. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

Best way is to buy BNB from Binance, and swap BNB into $STRX using PancakeSwap. It's so early in the project they don't have native listings in top exchanges yet but the project has some serious backing behind it through OTC deals and is planning to release their main platform Q4 2022. 

Video on how to buy is linked below for you mate. 

It sounds complicated! Thank you for your assistance!

1 hour ago, kenny said:

It sounds complicated! Thank you for your assistance!

Yep definitely isn't the easiest if the coin isn't listed on major exchanges. But that'll come for $STRX soon. 

Feel free to hit me up if you need any assistance if you're gonna invest :thumbup: