Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Lucas Digne

According to some Everton supporters I was speaking with yesterday, he’s the best left back they have, however his highlight reel is better than he is. Not the player he was when he joined. 

11 hours ago, Sly said:

According to some Everton supporters I was speaking with yesterday, he’s the best left back they have, however his highlight reel is better than he is. Not the player he was when he joined. 

That’s the Everton experience for you which seems to happen to all their players 

29 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t get it. Why would Villa spend that sort of money on a player of that age when they have a perfectly decent PL already? 

Because they're the new Everton. 

Still don't get how they get around FFP but I never understood how Everton did and look at them.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Still don't get how they get around FFP but I never understood how Everton did and look at them.

I do. Quite a bit. It mainly involves a fair amount of pointing and chuckling..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Idk cos I haven’t looked at their accounts but I think Villa had a lot of room because their wages won’t have been so high having spent some time in the Championship. Eventually that catches up with you as you become more established.

Everton have been right on the edge, that’s why they didn’t spend in the summer. I think Everton shows we could spend more money if the owners wanted to put it in.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Seems like he might be off to Villa

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Very good signing for them if he goes there  and definitely makes them stronger. 

people laughed at me when I mentioned we could have gone in for Gerard but he’s attracting some quality players so fair play to Villa. They are going to do well next year.

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

people laughed at me when I mentioned we could have gone in for Gerard but he’s attracting some quality players so fair play to Villa. They are going to do well next year.

He will be gone before the end of next season.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Theyre paying Digne and Coutinho over 350k a week. The attraction is the money.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well supposedly Everton had no resources left due to FFP, hence their bargain buys in the summer and Villa were pretty much the same after what they'd spent but that's clearly no concern to them.

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyre paying Digne and Coutinho over 350k a week. The attraction is the money.

Then they would have gone to Newcastle if it was just money they were after.

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Then they would have gone to Newcastle if it was just money they were after.

...who in their right mind is going to shell out the amount of money for Coutinho unless they have deep pockets!!!

The budget that Gerard would have been tied to (had he come here) is the same as Rodgers has to deal with at the present moment. The owners are not going to be financing us from their own pockets or from proceeds from their commercial businesses.

We are going to be operating on a shoestring for the next 2 years (my calculations) and will then have the finance to contest transfer deals and at the same time being competitive. I would suspect ambitious managers like Gerard or Lampard are not going to be happy with such constraints.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...who in their right mind is going to shell out the amount of money for Coutinho unless they have deep pockets!!!

The budget that Gerard would have been tied to (had he come here) is the same as Rodgers has to deal with at the present moment. The owners are not going to be financing us from their own pockets or from proceeds from their commercial businesses.

We are going to be operating on a shoestring for the next 2 years (my calculations) and will then have the finance to contest transfer deals and at the same time being competitive. I would suspect ambitious managers like Gerard or Lampard are not going to be happy with such constraints.

he’s done a great job getting some results  at Villa before any January signings

and it could be argued that, despite our awful form at times, Villa are in more desperate need of strengthening  than we are. We have some great players at the club already, and before this window, there’s not really any Villa players I would describe as ‘ great’. Same as before he joined Rangers the board wanted success and had to buy it fairly instantly 

it’s likely that Youri is leaving in the summer so that’s a good wad of cash he could have used but we are not quite in such a desperate need to strengthen and buy quality as Villa are. What the owners have done will sustain us for years, the quality we can have  and can buy is somewhat  self sustaining- sell one big buy a couple of quality players with that money.

I actually think he’s showing signs of being a great manager - but he’s been at clubs so far  that have demanded signings  to make immediate changes and again, we are not quite in the same position as Villa are.

Edited by MPH