Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Lucas Digne

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Well supposedly Everton had no resources left due to FFP, hence their bargain buys in the summer and Villa were pretty much the same after what they'd spent but that's clearly no concern to them.

Europe or bust next season then, unless their is suitable scope for massaging of figures of course….

5 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

That's another very good signing for Villa. Are they also mega rich now or something?

Yeah their owners are rich but they've just not been able to spend much due to FFP i think a season in the prem and selling grealish has allowed them to spend a bit.

6 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Yeah their owners are rich but they've just not been able to spend much due to FFP i think a season in the prem and selling grealish has allowed them to spend a bit.

Are you kidding me? Before they sold Grealish they'd spent the best part of £250m in the first two seasons. They have now sold Grealish for £100m and invested all of that plus another £25m on Digne and the fee they'll have chuffed up for Countinho's loan. 

They are not doing things carefully, but they obviously believe they'll not run in to any problems. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you kidding me? Before they sold Grealish they'd spent the best part of £250m in the first two seasons. They have now sold Grealish for £100m and invested all of that plus another £25m on Digne and the fee they'll have chuffed up for Countinho's loan. 

They are not doing things carefully, but they obviously believe they'll not run in to any problems. 

250?? on what lol i know they bought watkins but a part from that i'm struggling to think of who they bought when they came up.

He's a decent player but not sure on his being good for the dressing room, seems to have downed tools or fell out with Benitez.

Wonder what Villa are planning to do with Targett now? Always rated him.

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

They changed pretty much their whole starting 11 from the Championship when they came up apart from Grealish, McGinn and Mings, and they spent £27m on Mings to get him in permanently. 

Dunno why i always thought they kept the same squad from championship to their first season back in the prem, lucky they didn't get relegated in their first season back else they'd have been done for,

Was a doubly shit day when they stayed up us losing 2-1 to man u and them staying up roy keane smug as owt.

39 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Dunno why i always thought they kept the same squad from championship to their first season back in the prem, lucky they didn't get relegated in their first season back else they'd have been done for,

Was a doubly shit day when they stayed up us losing 2-1 to man u and them staying up roy keane smug as owt.

They were one of the few benefactors of Covid as they were pretty much done for before football went into its enforced break. Such a shame. 

43 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

They spent £144m when they got promoted!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The absolute state of Everton, losing players to Aston Villa.

They're desperate for FFP wiggle room. I assume they have targets at the other end of the pitch lined up. 

In all fairness, if they can offload a near 30 year old left back that the manager has fallen out with for 25 and buy one or two attacking players it's probably smart business. 

Given they're reliant on Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend and Solomon fvcking Rondon I'd say it's smart. 

It's not like they got bullied in to selling Digne because he was desperate for a move to Villa. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Lucas Digne is exactlynthe sort of signing we don't make and that's so reassuring. Been offered to every club going in the prem.

I wish I lived in the same universe where we didn't sign Perez and Vestergaard.

3 hours ago, LestaFox92 said:

250?? on what lol i know they bought watkins but a part from that i'm struggling to think of who they bought when they came up.

Since they were promoted in 2019 season and according to Transfermarkt, as an estimate it's suggested they are -£205.12m. That's all incomings and outgoings, not looking at wages.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

They're desperate for FFP wiggle room. I assume they have targets at the other end of the pitch lined up. 

In all fairness, if they can offload a near 30 year old left back that the manager has fallen out with for 25 and buy one or two attacking players it's probably smart business. 

Given they're reliant on Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend and Solomon fvcking Rondon I'd say it's smart. 

It's not like they got bullied in to selling Digne because he was desperate for a move to Villa. 

They did have a pretty decent and frugal summer, and those players (Demarai and Townsend at least) have been more productive between them this season than Alex Iwobi has been in his entire Everton career (combined £2m vs £28m)

4 hours ago, LestaFox92 said:

Ings, Bailey & Buendia for a combined £108m last summer + Watkins previous to them another£30m+

The Media will be having HJ's over Villa and this window. Similar to the previous Everton situations.  This could end in tears if they do not make top 6.

1 minute ago, slymunn said:

Villas signings since getting promoted. Some money spent 

Screenshot_20220110-161755_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-161818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-161914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reckon LCFC have spent only half of that amount during this period, at most (?).

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon LCFC have spent only half of that amount during this period, at most (?).

Just added up the last 3 seasons and we have spent pretty much 200 million.

But this is the total fee with add ons etc. 

So Youri 40, Perez 30 and Fofana 30 is half of the total spend. Which as we know isn't the 'acual' amount we've paid.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Haven't they spent big money on replacing him with Mykolenko with the spare change going on Ranger's 2nd choice RB?