Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 hours ago, kingfox said:

Looks like we could be back scouting young Danish talent again.

Dorgu would possibly be the only attainable one from those mentioned. Kjaergaard will end up at RB Leipzig and play at the top level, Jelert will also probably have a lot more attractive options than us if he was to leave Copenhagen.  

Faghir could also be immense but he’s already at Stuttgart, they’ll probably use him after the experience of a loan this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Dorgu would possibly be the only attainable one from those mentioned. Kjaergaard will end up at RB Leipzig and play at the top level, Jelert will also probably have a lot more attractive options than us if he was to leave Copenhagen.  

Faghir could also be immense but he’s already at Stuttgart, they’ll probably use him after the experience of a loan this year. 

The three players mentioned probably have the highest ceiling of those in that starting 11. Dorgu especially has been linked with Europe’s elite recently. 

William Clem & Mathias Kvistgaarden are two others I’d say are worth keeping tabs on. 

Plus Denmark have a cluster of centre backs coming through that can all be classed as ‘Ball Playing Centre Backs’. Thomas Kristensen has already been snapped up by Udinese though, Provstgaard is the other CB in that 11. 

• Like 1

Not a rumour, but I wondered how much people think Jobe Bellingham will cost in January if he continues to impress. Could be worth snapping him up if we manage to move some names on in the window and he looks very very good at just 17. I know the name will probably push up the hype but he does look a serious prospect.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Not a rumour, but I wondered how much people think Jobe Bellingham will cost in January if he continues to impress. Could be worth snapping him up if we manage to move some names on in the window and he looks very very good at just 17. I know the name will probably push up the hype but he does look a serious prospect.

Pretty sure he just signed for Sunderland 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Pretty sure he just signed for Sunderland 

Yeah he signed in the summer, I'm not sure if Sunderland still have cash issues but they have barely spent anything for about 5 years now, so i'm just going on the basis that they may be tempted by a quick turnaround. If not maybe in summer.

14 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah he signed in the summer, I'm not sure if Sunderland still have cash issues but they have barely spent anything for about 5 years now, so i'm just going on the basis that they may be tempted by a quick turnaround. If not maybe in summer.

you’d think if a decent offer came in they’d consider it. But as suggested, this might be the only window to really tempt them if he does start to look as good as his brother 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2023 at 19:02, cityfanlee23 said:

Didn’t he go there because he’s close to the coach that worked at Birmingham? Doubt he’d move on so quickly if that was the case

Edited by Harboro

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sideshow Faes
2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

To say I would be surprised is understatement of the year.

To say inter would end up very disappointed is understatement of the decade.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Seeing as though we’ve not signed anyone directly(I think) from South American since Fernando Pasquinelli(Spelling?), it’s a nice sign to see our scouting department are possibly looking in that market, albeit not forgetting failure of Aranguiz. Is he a left sided winger?

-Not forgetting Laurari?

Edited by westernpark
Football manager knowledge

It is always going to be exciting dipping into the south american market but it’s also a lot  harder to judge ability. Even when you get that right the question remains whether the culture adjustment will work, especially as we don’t appear to have any spanish speaking players at present. 

We will really see what glover is made of if we dip into that market on a few players 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It is always going to be exciting dipping into the south american market but it’s also a lot  harder to judge ability. Even when you get that right the question remains whether the culture adjustment will work, especially as we don’t appear to have any spanish speaking players at present. 

We will really see what glover is made of if we dip into that market on a few players 

Very little risk though financially, and chances are we'd make back what we paid for whoever.

...hugs that touchline tight and you do not expect him to keep the ball in play like he does!!!

A player who loves to dribble, not so much aware of the players around him. Love to see a player take on an opposition, and once he beats his man, you have to be looking for the switchball, you have dragged enough players to you to create the space to put someone in.

Aimless balls played into the box should never happen, but it happens too often.