Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Alan Nixon (hardly the most reliable source, to be fair) seems to be suggesting Sheffield United might send Luke Thomas back to us.

Wouldn't be a massive shock to be honest, but a shame for him. 

He got hooked at halftime in the 5-0 battering by Burnley. Until the match against Man City, he’d not featured. 

I’m not surprised he’s not pulled up any trees to be honest. 

Just read the opinions on him from the Sheff U fans? 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/luke-thomas-season-long-loan.96993/page-13

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Alan Nixon (hardly the most reliable source, to be fair) seems to be suggesting Sheffield United might send Luke Thomas back to us.

Wouldn't be a massive shock to be honest, but a shame for him. 

Shock horror. League 1 standard player fails with Premier League loan lol 

*caveat as I always do… horrifically mismanaged by the club and put on the usual pedestal by England youth set up. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Thomas to Sheff Utd was a dreadful move for all concerned. 

Will probably end up at Rotherham, Huddersfield or similar.

That is far too harsh on Thomas. He is definitely good enough for top half Championship at an absolute minimum. He'd probably even have done a good job for us this season if he actually fit the system we play.

I think he could go to a Middlesbrough or a Hull and thrive.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That is far too harsh on Thomas. He is definitely good enough for top half Championship at an absolute minimum. He'd probably even have done a good job for us this season if he actually fit the system we play.

I think he could go to a Middlesbrough or a Hull and thrive.

I just don’t think he has enough football IQ to go very far, only my opinion of course.

I hope I’m very wrong.

As a local lad, I’d love him to return here & be a huge success. 

Thomas was just very inconsistent, and sometimes his decision making was questionable. He seemed ro raise his game for the bigger games and would have a stormer, and it left you wandering whether Rodgers instructions was the problem as often Barnes was left isolated when Thomas was reluctant to get forward. What's his contract situation?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Thomas was just very inconsistent, and sometimes his decision making was questionable. He seemed ro raise his game for the bigger games and would have a stormer, and it left you wandering whether Rodgers instructions was the problem as often Barnes was left isolated when Thomas was reluctant to get forward. What's his contract situation?

Contract is up in the summer but we have an option to extend for 1 year

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

On the topic of Italy, Paulo Dybala is available for €12 million. I fancy it, big time. 

I.agine the wages alone.

I'd love it if we could sign him haha....

However we need big wages of fringe players off the books already. Personally I'd offer Vardy away to the Saudi league just because of this reason he deserves a big payday and won't be playing much here anymore