Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The kind of people that would be happy with the signing would likely be the same people that think females shouldn't go to the football anyway

lol Laughing because it's depressingly true.

• Like 2

Greenwood won't get a move to a club in England and Man Utd will never get £40mill for him.  Not even close.  Clubs that have that kind of money aren't going to want players that have adverse affects on their image and prospective sponsors,partners etc. It doesn't have to be a moral stance to not want him. It's moronic from a business one too. The only clubs that would show an interest are skint. And that includes Barcelona.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Monty said:

What did he actually do? 

All I read were the articles on the BBC, which did not go into any detail.

Well the charges were dropped... (But there's audio evidence of what he said so pretty obvious he paid off the woman in question, and who's likely one of those girls who sadly, has some really insecurities so wouldn't suprise me if she went back to him).

Let's just say he wasn't convicted, but the evidence is clear as day that he's guilty. Not sure abusive quite covers it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Well the charges were dropped... (But there's audio evidence of what he said so pretty obvious he paid off the woman in question, and who's likely one of those girls who sadly, has some really insecurities so wouldn't suprise me if she went back to him).

Let's just say he wasn't convicted, but the evidence is clear as day that he's guilty. Not sure abusive quite covers it.

I think the discussion of Mason Greenwood's conduct can be held without casting aspersions about Harriet Robson's character. We don't know why she went back to him. Maybe she genuinely loves him? Maybe that incident was actually a one-off and their relationship is otherwise strong? To just assume she's chosen to have a child with him because he 'paid her off' seems unfair. The evidence of the tape stands and people are free to make their own minds up about Mason Greenwood (and I personally would never want to see him in a Leicester shirt), but this constant insinuation that Harriet Robson is solely motivated by money seems incredibly mean-spirited.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I'd rather eat my own shit than watch Greenwood pull on a Leicester shirt, I don't want him and his weird twitter/facebook commenters near our club.

Are you selling tickets?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think the discussion of Mason Greenwood's conduct can be held without casting aspersions about Harriet Robson's character. We don't know why she went back to him. Maybe she genuinely loves him? Maybe that incident was actually a one-off and their relationship is otherwise strong? To just assume she's chosen to have a child with him because he 'paid her off' seems unfair. The evidence of the tape stands and people are free to make their own minds up about Mason Greenwood (and I personally would never want to see him in a Leicester shirt), but this constant insinuation that Harriet Robson is solely motivated by money seems incredibly mean-spirited.

But it's highly pertinent given the charges were dropped and a lot of the evidence was made public? I was responding to somebody who didn't know about the case so whilst not being specific, I was simply trying to give the context; which is, if the charges were not dropped there is a 99.99% he'd have been found guilty (even accounting for the protection famous people get). We're not talking about Benjamin Mendy or 'player x' from Everton where the evidence isn't public and refutable.

I didn't know that she had a child with him until a few mins ago, and not did I know she had in fact got back together with him. So I think my assumptions were correct. Yes, I did suggest that money was involved but if you read what I actually said, you'll see that I also said that she is likely to have some serious issues, which is very sad. You're right, that she may indeed love him and human beings don't have a lot of control over who they do love. But, there is no way you don't have huge self-esteem or self-worth issues. And the idea that their relationship is 'otherwise strong' is absolutely laughable. It's one thing to do something by accident in a moment of anger and show immediate remorse but to do what he did is despicable and is the not the way you treat somebody you love or what any healthy relationship looks like.

Let's not pretend that what happened was normal as is just something that happens on a relationship. It's not for me to decide who she can or can't be in a relationship with but don't expect anyone with a moral compass to sit there and not question it.

And rather ironically, you've made it more mean spirited as I didn't know her name so was speculating/commenting on an unnamed person, and now it's an identifiable person... And don't forget that she leaked and published this information herself, only to then drop the charges, so she has opened herself up to scrutiny. I don't know the woman so have no personal vendetta against just stating that she is intrinsically linked to the case and her actions are highly relevant for a fuller and more complete situation, so that it's not a case of people suddenly thinking that as Greenwood wasn't found guilty in the legal system, it means he didn't do what he clearly did

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Listening to the tapes and seeing the pictures, there is no chance in hell that this was a one off.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I'm hoping we aint one of them

Screenshot_20240509_075458_TheTimes.jpg.7906240c5753de17d548eab8b07eec3a.jpg

Given his profile and, err, recent issues, I would guess at Chelsea or Notts Forest.

Hope there's no truth in it but would love to see the Foxes Trust statement on this. 

11 minutes ago, Bettsj2 said:

Listening to the tapes and seeing the pictures, there is no chance in hell that this was a one off.

Definitely, she wouldn't have been recording if it was the first time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Langston said:

Mad how fundamental issues like actually admitting wrongdoing and showing remorse can shape your opinions on people isn't it!

Admitting wrongdoing? He was on the police officers body cam strangling her when she was on the floor, what was he going to say? I slipped and landed on her! 

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

I don't think he was, it always made me incredibly uncomfortable. I'd say the only redeaming feature was his admission and subsequent anger managent and mental health help etc etc. Something he's carried on doing.

Greenwood showed zero remorse and essentially let his partner come out and protect him. 

His admission is neither hear nor there he was caught on camera strangling her.

With regards to anger management In your heart of hearts do you think that's his idea or has he been advised someone pr savvy that if he wants a career in the media after he retires (which he has got) then it's probably a good idea?

Look I don't want to dig out Danny Simpson I was and am a big fan. I just find the double standard on here quite amusing.

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Makes me laugh how Danny Simpson is a hero to the fans and loved but any notion of Mason Greenwood sends fans into an angry frenzy.

Yep.

It annoyed me at the time that we didn’t turf Simpson out. 

As with Greenwood - Awful character.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Makes me laugh how Danny Simpson is a hero to the fans and loved but any notion of Mason Greenwood sends fans into a angry frenzy.

no one is condoning what Danny did, but Jeez, , did you hear the greenwood tape?  several reports saying ( allegedly) it wasn’t an isolated incident either and that he's ( allegedly) a nasty piece of work in general. Danny on the other hand  has talked about regrets in his personal life and his desire to be a better person. Two incidents are on different levels.

Edited by MPH
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

The CPS didn't agree.

A CPS spokesperson said: “We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review. In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction."

I don't believe they ever revealed what the new material was.  Also I believe the internal review conducted by Man Utd also decided that he did not actually commit the offences with which he was charged. This is their official statement.

"Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.

Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped. Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible. This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

I'm not supporting Greenwood and wouldn't want him at our club but care needs to be applied in this case as none of us are aware of the full facts. 

But he won't be coming here in any case as he's almost certainly way out of our budget so no need to worry.

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Id take greenwood if we could actually get him.  Most people deserve another chance and it's not like we haven't had our share of wrong uns in the past.

what he did was on a whole other level.

• Like 1

bahaha just clicked in thinking it was a new thread, read about us potentially getting Eden Hazard and Joe Worrall... then twigged, December 2023! lol

Take some time to read... It gives some information about how coercive control works, how abused people often cannot escape or even dont realise they need to escape.
image.jpeg.f0b61c5a62c0be2f2df09eb43530f6f2.jpeg

I can never support Simpson and if our club was to sign Greenwood i would walk away for good, and if you can forgive and forget....

Scum like him should be in prison.

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

His admission is neither hear nor there he was caught on camera strangling her.

With regards to anger management In your heart of hearts do you think that's his idea or has he been advised someone pr savvy that if he wants a career in the media after he retires (which he has got) then it's probably a good idea?

Look I don't want to dig out Danny Simpson I was and am a big fan. I just find the double standard on here quite amusing.

You are right, it is double standards deep down, I think I was just trying to add some thought on why fans might have been more open to him being here. 

In an ideal world, for me, you do something like that your high profile career is done. Not everyone agrees with that though, so I guess those who didn’t want someone at the club have to find some way of coming round to the idea. (Looking at the steps he took after for example)