Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

16 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

But it's highly pertinent given the charges were dropped and a lot of the evidence was made public? I was responding to somebody who didn't know about the case so whilst not being specific, I was simply trying to give the context; which is, if the charges were not dropped there is a 99.99% he'd have been found guilty (even accounting for the protection famous people get). We're not talking about Benjamin Mendy or 'player x' from Everton where the evidence isn't public and refutable.

I didn't know that she had a child with him until a few mins ago, and not did I know she had in fact got back together with him. So I think my assumptions were correct. Yes, I did suggest that money was involved but if you read what I actually said, you'll see that I also said that she is likely to have some serious issues, which is very sad. You're right, that she may indeed love him and human beings don't have a lot of control over who they do love. But, there is no way you don't have huge self-esteem or self-worth issues. And the idea that their relationship is 'otherwise strong' is absolutely laughable. It's one thing to do something by accident in a moment of anger and show immediate remorse but to do what he did is despicable and is the not the way you treat somebody you love or what any healthy relationship looks like.

Let's not pretend that what happened was normal as is just something that happens on a relationship. It's not for me to decide who she can or can't be in a relationship with but don't expect anyone with a moral compass to sit there and not question it.

And rather ironically, you've made it more mean spirited as I didn't know her name so was speculating/commenting on an unnamed person, and now it's an identifiable person... And don't forget that she leaked and published this information herself, only to then drop the charges, so she has opened herself up to scrutiny. I don't know the woman so have no personal vendetta against just stating that she is intrinsically linked to the case and her actions are highly relevant for a fuller and more complete situation, so that it's not a case of people suddenly thinking that as Greenwood wasn't found guilty in the legal system, it means he didn't do what he clearly did

What did he actually ****in do though?

I still don't know.

11 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Id take greenwood if we could actually get him.  Most people deserve another chance and it's not like we haven't had our share of wrong uns in the past.

I'm a big believer that if you front up, take responsibility, take your punishment, show genuine remorse and humility and the fact you can turn your life around, then that can be a success of the justice system and people can deserve a second chance.

In Greenwood's case, he wasn't found not guilty, it just didn't proceed towards prosecution. There could be a number of reasons for that. Those recordings don't intimate that he is innocent (in terms of whether or not he actually abused his partner, not in the eyes of the law).

He seems to be getting on with his life. He's with the woman in question, they have a kid together and he seems to be knuckling down and getting on with his life. They're all part of his potential to become a better person and put things behind him. But he hasn't fronted up and taken responsibility for what seems quite obviously, based on the recording, some extremely awful behaviour.

From a legal point of view, there's nothing to suggest that Leicester City or any other club couldn't sign him. But, because of the above, I would be very unhappy if he rocked up here (which he won't).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iran said:

I'm always impressed by players who play every single game. He's actually only been subbed off twice last season too, late on on both occassions. 

Stoke paid nearly £3m for him a couple of years ago but never worked out. 

Absolutely fine if he's cheap and is 4th choice/cover option.

5 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm a big believer that if you front up, take responsibility, take your punishment, show genuine remorse and humility and the fact you can turn your life around, then that can be a success of the justice system and people can deserve a second chance.

In Greenwood's case, he wasn't found not guilty, it just didn't proceed towards prosecution. There could be a number of reasons for that. Those recordings don't intimate that he is innocent (in terms of whether or not he actually abused his partner, not in the eyes of the law).

He seems to be getting on with his life. He's with the woman in question, they have a kid together and he seems to be knuckling down and getting on with his life. They're all part of his potential to become a better person and put things behind him. But he hasn't fronted up and taken responsibility for what seems quite obviously, based on the recording, some extremely awful behaviour.

From a legal point of view, there's nothing to suggest that Leicester City or any other club couldn't sign him. But, because of the above, I would be very unhappy if he rocked up here (which he won't).

Agree with all this. He's gotten away with it because his missus didn't want to press charges and they've since reconciled, and there's basically no chance of getting a conviction without her testimony and her pushing it forwards.

In his statement he talked about being 'cleared' - he was never cleared. He's never had to answer for what everyone heard on those recordings. For me, that's enough reason to not touch him with a barge pole. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Christ, things must be bad here.

Has been good for PNE but is very much a back to the wall type defender, great in a defensive side that play a low block, not anywhere near our level or type of signing, reckon this is agent talk to smoke out a new contract or interest from other championship level clubs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wad looking at his stats a few weeks ago. Got something about him. Turned 25 today, so he'd be expected to come in and be good enough straight the way. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wad looking at his stats a few weeks ago. Got something about him. Turned 25 today, so he'd be expected to come in and be good enough straight the way. 

This is exactly the sort of dynamism we're missing in the middle of the park.

Not saying he's the one we need to go for - It's just the type of player I'd like us to bring in based on that video.

Edited by James_lcfc
  • Like 2

A Ghanaian midfielder playing in the Scandinavian leagues.  What could possibly go wrong?

I don't know anything about him, but he has never been capped for Ghana above U20 level.  Big Dan, for example, has been capped 53 times for them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

A Ghanaian midfielder playing in the Scandinavian leagues.  What could possibly go wrong?

I don't know anything about him, but he has never been capped for Ghana above U20 level.  Big Dan, for example, has been capped 53 times for them.

Why not ask Fatawu? Surely he knows him being Ghanaian himself, just a thought 

18 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Maybe so. Although Kasper was probably asked about fellow Dane Vestergaard. I know he was good this season, but he still divides opinion on how good he is at Premier league level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I love Fatawu but I don't get the impression he'd be able to analyse a players abilities to a higher level than our scouts

I'm not sure Fatawu needs a compatriot to help him feel at home, it looks like he has a lot of mates in the squad. But it couldn't hurt I guess, as long as they get on and Baidoo is good enough of course. If he's replacing Wilf they'll need to strike up a good relationship in those RW/RCM/inside forward positions.

I just think that if a player has not been good enough to represent Ghana by age 25, then he is probably not good enough for The Premier League.  

Schlupp and Amartey have 73 caps between them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ThumbsUp said:

I love Fatawu but I don't get the impression he'd be able to analyse a players abilities to a higher level than our scouts

Well I beg to differ mate 

I knew 1 of the scouts down at city who left 18months ago for pastures new & he delivered shit. If a player knows a fellow player from the country or even previous club I’d like to think he’d know a little bit more than some random scout who comes to watch you on an occasion. 
Not saying I’m correct however/ all I said was JUST A THOUGHT.

6 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Maybe so. Although Kasper was probably asked about fellow Dane Vestergaard. I know he was good this season, but he still divides opinion on how good he is at Premier league level.

Exactly, in life u can never dismiss anything or anybody’s opinion. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Well I beg to differ mate 

I knew 1 of the scouts down at city who left 18months ago for pastures new & he delivered shit. If a player knows a fellow player from the country or even previous club I’d like to think he’d know a little bit more than some random scout who comes to watch you on an occasion. 
Not saying I’m correct however/ all I said was JUST A THOUGHT.

What makes you think they know each other? Different age groups from different cities in Ghana, 400 miles apart, with different religions, cultures and languages. They've more than likely never even heard of each other.

• Like 2