Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he means players currently playing in South America where there's value for money. St Ledger has been out in Brazil a lot. He's even worn a Vasco De Gama top out in Monaco when he went with all the staff 😂😂😂

Weird question Ric, but where is this? Want to send it to my mate who supports Vasco lol 

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Weird question Ric, but where is this? Want to send it to my mate who supports Vasco lol 

It was one of the LCFC staff Instagram stories. Here you go

IMG-20240507-WA0019.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes, I tend to agree, but alongside Doyle returning to Man City, Albrighton contract not being renewed, Souttar, Ward, Cannon out of favour, Daka potentially being sold, we've barely got a squad unless a decent number of purchases are made. I can see 4 loan signings and 2 or 3 frees coming. Perhaps Fatawu and one centre half will be our only permanent signings that cost money.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's going to be interesting, we will need 7-8 minimum without relying heavily on the likes of Alves, Braybrooke, Wanya, Silko Thomas etc. 

Yep, I see what both of you are saying. My biggest issue with that need AND the situation we are facing (and let’s be Frank, our history), we sign quantity over quality. Bloat the squad with players that offer very little on longish contracts. 

If we are adding these sort of numbers, I really hope we utilise the loan market. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dortmund in for Jobe Bellingham apparently. I'd have thought we'd have a chance of getting him but the pull of Dortmund might be too much to resist given their reputation and the way they looked after Jude.

But, we're repeatedly told that Jobe is his own man and determined to go his own way so maybe he'll not want to literally follow in Jude's footsteps.

Edited by ALC Fox

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Dortmund in for Jobe Bellingham apparently. I'd have thought we'd have a chance of getting him but the pull of Dortmund might be too much to resist given their reputation and the way they looked after Jude.

But, we're repeatedly told that Jobe is his own man and determined to go his own way so maybe he'll not want to literally follow in Jude's footsteps.

Really don't get the hype. If it wasn't for his name there wouldn't be so much fuss.

Don't think Sunderland fans are that enamoured with him either.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Really don't get the hype. If it wasn't for his name there wouldn't be so much fuss.

Don't think Sunderland fans are that enamoured with him either.

Dortmund will see the £££ signs, after signing Jude, It wouldn't be the worst idea to take a chance on him in the hope he's half as good as his brother and potentially sell for a hefty profit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Rumours on the Stoke forum they are looking at Coady on loan

That would be such an odd signing, and I do think a loss to us. That come from one of their ITKs I take it?

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That would be such an odd signing, and I do think a loss to us. That come from one of their ITKs I take it?

Yeah I think so

Unless they covered all his wages (which I imagine are quite high) for a loan or paid us about £5m for him it wouldn't make much sense for us financially, especially when it will just mean ANOTHER centre back we need to sign

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah I think so

Unless they covered all his wages (which I imagine are quite high) for a loan or paid us about £5m for him it wouldn't make much sense for us financially, especially when it will just mean ANOTHER centre back we need to sign

Enzo hasn't really fancied him in the Championship, I can't see that changing in the PL.

I suspect we would like to move both him and Souttar on.

I think we are going going to be pretty ruthless, if Enzo wants to reshape the squad we need a number of outgoings.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Enzo hasn't really fancied him in the Championship, I can't see that changing in the PL.

I suspect we would like to move both him and Souttar on.

If we possibly end up losing Coady, Souttar, Vestergaard, and Doyle though... I doubt we can really afford to bring in 3/4 new centre backs

And unless Stoke give us a really good offer it isn't really going to be worth it financially, I doubt any offer from them would allow us to free up all his wages or mean we don't make a loss on him

Edited by moore_94

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

if we possibly end up losing Coady, Souttar, Vestergaard, and Doyle though... I doubt we can really afford to bring in 3/4 new centre backs

And unless Stoke give us a really good offer it isn't really going to be worth it financially, I doubt any offer from them would allow us to free up all his wages or mean we don't make a loss on him

I think Vestergaard will resign, I think Enzo really likes Nelson, so I expect we will bring in 2.

Stoke have cut a lot of dead would over the last few seasons, I expect them to be busy this summer.

Not sure Coady will want to play back up for another season at his age.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I can only assume Coady was a club signing and not a Maresca signing…

Or…he was always pencilled in for the ball-playing CB role but got injured pre-season giving Vestergaard a chance…which he grabbed with both hands 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If we possibly end up losing Coady, Souttar, Vestergaard, and Doyle though... I doubt we can really afford to bring in 3/4 new centre backs

The Coady signing was a mistake. I can see why we signed him, but for Enzo's system, he wasn't as good as Faes, Vestergaard or Justin. I also don't think he's suited for Premier League level anymore, which is why Wolves and Everton passed on him.

This site has him down on 75K a week wages:
https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/

That might be inaccurate, but the wages are right for a lot of our other players, so it's likely that Coady is on a lot, so getting any amount of them off the books is a good idea if he's not going to be used.

In terms of CB's, the Premier League is 38 games not 46, and eithout Coady we still have 4 that could be used. Kristiansen I bet would be great as the LCB, but I imagine he leaves the club. I think we might "only" have to sign 2, and on paper both would be cover not starters, even though I think it's likely we do sign a LCB as a starter for the start of the season.

What I want to know is who our top scouts on the forum like @kingfoxand @Ric Flair have in mind for LCB? Who from Scandanavia is good that we can get!?

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Cody wasn't just signed for playing. He was signed as one of the outputs from the "season review" was that we needed more leaders in the squad. 

Incidentally, I've heard very good things about him in this regard. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Coady signing was a mistake. I can see why we signed him, but for Enzo's system, he wasn't as good as Faes, Vestergaard or Justin. I also don't think he's suited for Premier League level anymore, which is why Wolves and Everton passed on him.

That might be inaccurate, but the wages are right for a lot of our other players, so it's likely that Coady is on a lot, so getting any amount of them off the books is a good idea if he's not going to be used.

In terms of CB's, the Premier League is 38 games not 46, and eithout Coady we still have 4 that could be used. Kristiansen I bet would be great as the LCB, but I imagine he leaves the club. I think we might "only" have to sign 2, and on paper both would be cover not starters, even though I think it's likely we do sign a LCB as a starter for the start of the season.

What I want to know is who our top scouts on the forum like @kingfoxand @Ric Flair have in mind for LCB? Who from Scandanavia is good that we can get!?

If we can’t get hold of Jacob Greaves, then that position is a bit of a head scratcher, because ideally we need a starter in that position. 

In terms of Scandinavia, Kevin Diks(Copenhagen) and Jacob Rasmussen(Brondby) both have had solid seasons. Diks is very versatile and can play anywhere across the backline. Rasmussen according to Danish Scout, is the best ball playing centre half in the division, he also received his first Denmark call up back in March. In terms of young talent, Olivier Provstgaard(Vejle) is getting good reviews, but supposedly Bologna are sniffing around him. 

Working on Ligue 1, Arthur Theate would be the most ideal imo, has the ball playing ability and recovery pace, but very much like Greaves we may be priced out. Belocian also of Rennes and Zeze who we’ve been linked with, can also be classed as ball playing centre backs, but personally from what I’ve seen of them, I don’t think either are ready to be starting regularly in the Premier League. 

Lorenzo Pirola(Salernitana) is a name that’s been on my radar. Salernitana have been relegated from Serie A, but do we really want a defender who has been part of a defence that’s shipped 76 goals this season 😕 Ricardo Rodriguez(Torino) looks to be a free agent in the summer, but then you’d be praying in hope that he is another Fuchs rather than a Bertrand. 

Finally Konstantinos Koulierakis(PAOK) is a talent I like the look of. Can be a little bit over aggressive in duels, but if he can iron that out, then he is someone that we could make good profit on imo. The only thing is that he’s been heavily linked with a move to Frankfurt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I really like Bashir Humphreys from Chelsea, was on loan at Swansea. We have been heavily linked with Nathan Zeze at Nantes to who would appear to be a Fofana type target. Not played much yet but attempting to land a huge talent before anyone else takes note.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Filipe Relvas from Portimonense or Valentin Gomez from Velez

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Greaves seems like a good shout but it may be too late if Spurs and Everton are chasing him.

they going to pay for him with magic beans then?

they are more in the shit than most other teams

15 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Greaves seems like a good shout but it may be too late if Spurs and Everton are chasing him.

Ah that's annoying. Where have you seen that link?