Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

30 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yes from me, but there is no chance this happens

Great first season at Roma, below average second season and barely played this season, was he injured?

Two seasons left on his contract and 27 in October, maybe we could pick him up for €10-€15m?

Roma 2021–22[111] Serie A 37 17 2 1 14[g] 9 53 27
2022–23[112] Serie A 38 8 2 0 14[h] 1 54 9
2023–24[113] Serie A 4 1 0 0 3[h] 0 7 1

Just now, Gerard said:

Great first season at Roma, below average second season and barely played this season, was he injured?

Two seasons left on his contract and 27 in October, maybe we could pick him up for €10-€15m?

Roma 2021–22[111] Serie A 37 17 2 1 14[g] 9 53 27
2022–23[112] Serie A 38 8 2 0 14[h] 1 54 9
2023–24[113] Serie A 4 1 0 0 3[h] 0 7 1

Did his ACL last summer and was out most of the season so has only played in the last few games for Roma

• Like 2

Floated the Abraham idea on here the other day. Really seems his time with Roma is up.

I don't see him going to a top 6 club though, in fact, he'd probably be looking at someone like a Fulham. We'd maybe be in the conversation but would have to be a loan deal that we see as a low risk roll of the dice to stay up.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Did his ACL last summer and was out most of the season so has only played in the last few games for Roma

With braybrooke and alves we could be looking at fielding a whole team of ACL recovered players ……… you’ll never sing that !

37 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yes from me, but there is no chance this happens

Consistently misses so many big chances and would cost a lot of money. Is fantastic in the air though and we don’t have anyone like that. If the price is right we could do a lot worse 

• Like 1

Even when we were flying high in the top 6 with european football, I wouldnt expect us to drop £30m on someone. 

Tielemans, Perez and Fofana were three £30m plus players and they came after major sales. Our major sale this summer plugs a massive hole. 

I always rated Tammy. Absolutely worth a punt. The question is whether or not he’s ready to hit the ground running or if he needs time that we probably don’t have to pick up his game to previous  levels. 

4 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Consistently misses so many big chances and would cost a lot of money. Is fantastic in the air though and we don’t have anyone like that. If the price is right we could do a lot worse 

Yep. I don't really understand the positivity given what he'd probably cost compared to what he'd bring. He had an ok season once in the Premier League for an otherwise decent Chelsea side, and one good season at Roma. Given what he's going to cost I think it's a risk for someone else.

Unless of course Roma want to do a loan.

• Like 2

People get a little confused by fees, 30m over a 5 year contract is 6m onto our amortisation it's not crazy. 

Our amortisation will have drop from a all time high of 77m to around 30m this summer, our issue was over the last few seaosn high amortisation and a crazy wage bill 200m.

The amortisation side of the problem is back under control, I suspect wages after coming back in line with 11 players on PL wages leaving last summer and another 3 or 4 this summer.

I expect us to sell a few more and then go again spending a decent amount in the 2nd half of the summer.

• Like 2

I baulked at it when I first read it but the more I think about it, the more I can see the sense.

I think if you kept him fit and his wages weren't mental it'd be a really good signing. Has a decent record, been part of some successful sides, offers us something completely different to what we have.

Could potentially see it on loan.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People get a little confused by fees, 30m over a 5 year contract is 6m onto our amortisation it's not crazy. 

Our amortisation will have drop from a all time high of 77m to around 30m this summer, our issue was over the last few seaosn high amortisation and a crazy wage bill 200m.

The amortisation side of the problem is back under control, I suspect wages after coming back in line with 11 players on PL wages leaving last summer and another 3 or 4 this summer.

I expect us to sell a few more and then go again spending a decent amount in the 2nd half of the summer.

Also another issue was poor recruitment, which meant players that struggled but had been signed for relatively high transfer fees and with being in the 1st couple of years amortisation plus the incredibly high wages we have been paying means it becomes difficult, almost impossible to move on players such as Praet, Daka, Soumare, Souttar and even Vestergaard pre this season. 

It so important we get our recruitment model, transfer fee and wage strategy correct and ensure we never ever end up in a position of allowing so many expensive signings on big wages run down their contracts or be stuck with players who are too expensive to move on. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I'm hoping we aint one of them

Screenshot_20240509_075458_TheTimes.jpg.7906240c5753de17d548eab8b07eec3a.jpg

Given his profile and, err, recent issues, I would guess at Chelsea or Notts Forest.

I sincerely hope not. That would genuinely be it for me 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I sincerely hope not. That would genuinely be it for me 

I’d take greenwood all day long he’s a quality player and people would soon forget his past once he started scoring! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Sankey93 said:

I’d take greenwood all day long he’s a quality player and people would soon forget his past once he started scoring! 

I wouldn't. Those recordings turned my stomach. Complete wrong un

Each to their own though I guess :dunno:

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

What's the plan when it bounces off him?

Ferret up a drain pipe, Callum O'Hare will be there to collect and bounce if off Wilf.

18 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

It’s very hard to forget what he did.
It would turn a lot of female fans away from the club

• Like 2