Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, GLC said:

It’s very hard to forget what he did.
It would turn a lot of female fans away from the club

The kind of people that would be happy with the signing would likely be the same people that think females shouldn't go to the football anyway

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Wouldn’t want Greenwood anywhere near our club.

Man Utd apparently want £40m for him, so this is a pretty moot discussion as far as we're concerned. I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that we're not one of the two clubs mentioned by the Times.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Langston said:

The only ones who will "forget it" will be those comfortable with it in the first place.

I wouldn't be able to support the club if we signed that player.

It was awful can’t deny that but in football people soon forget. Can’t see it anyways he’s valued at 40million 

Need something more of substance than a source just vaguely Two Premier League clubs keen on signing Greenwood to know one of them is Leicester. By official definition we aren't a Premier League club until June, so might as well not even be applicable to us by an official definition.

Posted (edited)

There’s zero chance Greenwood plays again in England without someone attacking him. Not condoning it or saying it’s right but what them voice messages indicate is a Dad’s worst nightmare if they have girls  - an abusive partner. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Man Utd apparently want £40m for him

Feel like they’ve been a little disingenuous with this. Their statement at the time was a little vague but basically now said “we don’t want him to play for us again… so will loan him out until it’s all blown over and we can sell him.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

It was awful can’t deny that but in football people soon forget. Can’t see it anyways he’s valued at 40million 

You're generalising when it's not a blanket thing, that. Raith Rovers fans, sponsors and women's team didn't forget when they thought it'd be a good idea to sign David Goodwillie.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

You're generalising when it's not a blanket thing, that. Raith Rovers fans, sponsors and women's team didn't forget when they thought it'd be a good idea to sign David Goodwillie.

That’s one example and I agree with you mate but there has been a few wrong uns before greenwood and played in England at a high level. What I’m trying to say is imagine and I repeat imagine were in a vital game next season and he scores the winner! People won’t care and they will celebrate and forget eventually it’s football all fans are fickle and as long as there team is winning it dm wether that’s right or wrong I don’t know.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

That and she ended up pregnant with his child! Less said about the Dad’s reaction the better really, if it was my daughter he’d be lucky to still have the human function to kick a ball 🤣

My thoughts entirely. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

That and she ended up pregnant with his child! Less said about the Dad’s reaction the better really, if it was my daughter he’d be lucky to still have the human function to kick a ball 🤣

Sold her soul to live a life of luxury. How sad

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Makes me laugh how Danny Simpson is a hero to the fans and loved but any notion of Mason Greenwood sends fans into a angry frenzy.

I don't think he was, it always made me incredibly uncomfortable. I'd say the only redeaming feature was his admission and subsequent anger managent and mental health help etc etc. Something he's carried on doing.

Greenwood showed zero remorse and essentially let his partner come out and protect him. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GLC said:

It’s very hard to forget what he did.
It would turn a lot of female fans away from the club

What did he actually do? 

All I read were the articles on the BBC, which did not go into any detail.

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I swear I heard they got back together and now they are in some happy relationship? I might be wrong but if it's true that's some messed up relationship.

I wouldn’t ever say that I’m in the know. BUT I’ve heard from a reliable link within the club that a well known central defender is possibly our next transfer. Ryan Bennett has just been released from Cambridge United. 

On 08/05/2024 at 14:28, LVFox said:

Floated the Abraham idea on here the other day. Really seems his time with Roma is up.

I don't see him going to a top 6 club though, in fact, he'd probably be looking at someone like a Fulham. We'd maybe be in the conversation but would have to be a loan deal that we see as a low risk roll of the dice to stay up.

Agree he is Fulham all over London based and a bit mid table ish. Little chance of relegation 

9 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I wouldn’t ever say that I’m in the know. BUT I’ve heard from a reliable link within the club that a well known central defender is possibly our next transfer. Ryan Bennett has just been released from Cambridge United. 

If it’s Jonny Evans I’m going to glue my eyelids shut 

• Haha 3