Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Just now, Countryfox said:

Easy boys please. I’d really like to know what’s happening and peoples thoughts on it as I’ve got a feeling this is going to impact on our lives ..  big style.  

Soz.

Reacting with the haha emoji instead of actually explaining why you disagree is annoying though. I shouldn't have bitten though. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

At what point will the UN consider peacekeepers entering the Ukraine on the grounds of a humanitarian crisis? Or would they consider entering during such a conflict?

I guess once a ceasefire has been declared and stuck to and the sooner the better. 

You will, of course, realise this requires co-operation from Putin and at the moment he can't be trusted on anything that passes his lips.

Hundreds of Jewish refugees have arrived in Israel. Odd that it hadn't occurred to them to leave before - and just at the point that a "peace keeping military operation" is liberating them from a government formed by and a country teeming with "neo-nazis".

34 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I guess once a ceasefire has been declared and stuck to and the sooner the better. 

You will, of course, realise this requires co-operation from Putin and at the moment he can't be trusted on anything that passes his lips.

Vladimir Johnson. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So comparing supporting brexit to supporting Putin, wow there really are some ill judged folk on here. 

I believe they were referring to the fact that the leave campaign was funded in part by Russia in a bid to weaken Europe and therefore Brexit and Putin are inextricably linked.  If you wish to debate the facts of the matter feel free to open a new thread for it, it's the sort of discussion which could drag on and derail this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I believe they were referring to the fact that the leave campaign was funded in part by Russia in a bid to weaken Europe and therefore Brexit and Putin are inextricably linked.  If you wish to debate the facts of the matter feel free to open a new thread for it, it's the sort of discussion which could drag on and derail this one.

If he's referring to my post I wasn't even doing that.

But you're right that it will probably detail the thread and is getting boring anyway

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Made the mistake of reading a bit about what seems inevitable to happen next today and it’s not got me in a good place.

How are people coping with this?

Our politicians have been saying for more than a week that this is likely to be long and drawn out. They are being briefed by the MOD etc so you would expect them to have a decent handle on where it’s headed.  Given that Russia will doubtless take control of most of the cities east of the dnipro river over the next week or so likely leaves zelenskyy in a displaced govt in lviv - but it’s feasible that Russia will attempt to take control of all major cities which will force ukraines govt into exile. whether it’s been the ineptness of Russia’s armed forces or Ukraine’s ability to defend which is responsible for it being drawn out and so bloody is uncertain 

if putin is having any second thoughts about this invasion, the next possible pause would be after mariopul is taken as that will secure his land bridge across se ukraine into crimea …..its the absolute minimum that he would accept before negotiating further ……

Edited by st albans fox

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our politicians have been saying for more than a week that this is likely to be long and drawn out. They are being briefed by the MOD etc so you would expect them to have a decent handle on where it’s headed.  Given that Russia will doubtless take control of most of the cities east of the dnipro river over the next week or so likely leaves zelenskyy in a displaced govt in lviv - but it’s feasible that Russia will attempt to take control of all major cities which will force ukraines govt into exile. whether it’s been the ineptness of Russia’s armed forces or Ukraine’s ability to defend which is responsible for it being drawn out and so bloody is uncertain 

it would be nice if they could hold out until Putin’s    alleged terminal illness takes him.

but then again, there is likely to be a power struggles once he’s gone and there’s actually worse people than Putin waiting in the wings… not to say they’ll get the nod but  west needs to play their hand at the right time..

Edited by MPH

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if putin is having any second thoughts about this invasion, the next possible pause would be after mariopul is taken as that will secure his land bridge across se ukraine into crimea …..its the absolute minimum that he would accept before negotiating further ……

At the minute that’s the best case scenario re Mariopul but I really don’t think it stops there.

50 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I believe they were referring to the fact that the leave campaign was funded in part by Russia in a bid to weaken Europe and therefore Brexit and Putin are inextricably linked.  If you wish to debate the facts of the matter feel free to open a new thread for it, it's the sort of discussion which could drag on and derail this o

Tell that to those referring rather than getting on your high horse to me then. 

29 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Made the mistake of reading a bit about what seems inevitable to happen next today and it’s not got me in a good place.

I’ve been off work with covid and had to isolate due to my line of work. Been following this and I have had to force myself to stop just the toll it is taking on a nation that just wanted freedom. 

25 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

With difficulty. You look at your own loved ones and feel very wobbly. I don't think it helps to speculate what will happen next or to suggest wild actions  This ain't James Bond. No quick fix I fear. We don't need to be privy to all the intelligence that the MOD etc has.

Got BBC world news back ! ..  

The US are cataloging all incidents of war crimes and are possibly going to offer Poland modern jet fighters to replace ones that are passed to Ukraine ..  if mad Vlad thinks some mild sanctions and bad publicity are war crimes fvck knows what he’ll make of this. 

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Got BBC world news back ! ..  

The US are cataloging all incidents of war crimes and are possibly going to offer Poland modern jet fighters to replace ones that are passed to Ukraine ..  if mad Vlad thinks some mild sanctions and bad publicity are war crimes fvck knows what he’ll make of this. 

Where are you?