Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Just now, MPH said:

Trumps or Biden’s?

Trump's. 'Re-election' being the wrong word obviously. 

I don't buy all the Trump-Putin conspiracy paranoia but everyone knows Trump has admired Putin in the past and the association between them won't go away. 

Edited by bovril

1 hour ago, MPH said:

there’s so many Americans who are ‘ economy first’ and that was Trumps strength. He lowered  business taxes, income tax , increased American production of oil which brought cheaper gas. People unfortunately didn’t care they had a sexual predator  ( allegedly :whistle:)  in office just as long as they had $20 extra in their pocket each week.

The notion that Trump is good for the economy is something of a fallacy . He lowered taxes ( mainly for the rich ) but employment declined under his administration and their trade imbalance became even bigger . The stats are skewed by COVID but even before that his spiteful and counter productive tariffs and doctrinaire handling of environmental  issues were generally viewed unfavourably by many sections of the population eg farmers and some manufacturing sectors 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maskirovka. That's a word that Russia's military use to confuse the enemy. Maybe NATO should try a spot of maskirovka instead of telling everyone exactly what they intend (or don't intend) to do. Armed with this knowledge, it seems that Putin knows exactly where he stands and cannot be stopped in Ukraine, so I fear that we'll be witnessing much more terrible suffering at the hands of this monster, before the carnage has ended and the dust has finally settled. Already, we've seen over a million people flee across to Poland and elsewhere in only 10 days with many more to follow, no doubt. It's a catastrophe for Ukraine.     

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, surrifox said:

The notion that Trump is good for the economy is something of a fallacy . He lowered taxes ( mainly for the rich ) but employment declined under his administration and their trade imbalance became even bigger . The stats are skewed by COVID but even before that his spiteful and counter productive tariffs and doctrinaire handling of environmental  issues were generally viewed unfavourably by many sections of the population eg farmers and some manufacturing sectors 

maybe up North but I live in a farming area down here In North Carolina and they are nearly all Trump fans down here. Don’t get me wrong, I know that there’s many faults of his, but yeah, any unemployment rise he can put down to Covid and he’ll probably ride that out fairly well.

anyway.. I didn’t mean to take this thread off track.. just explaining why I fear a second trump term..

Edited by MPH
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

maybe up North but I live in a farming area down here In North Carolina and they are nearly all Trump fans down here. Don’t get me wrong, I know that there’s many faults of his, but yeah, any unemployment rise he can put down to Covid and he’ll probably ride that out fairly well.

anyway.. I didn’t mean to take this thread off track.. just explaining why I fear a second trump term..

We all fear a second Trump administration or we certainly should be. I hope this comment does not result in locked thread. 

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

Tbf, you've done a good job of doing so. Personally, I'm won't be losing sleep tonight over yesterday's man in America. However, the terrible events today and every day at present in Ukraine very definitely will result in some lost sleep.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

He is obviously out of control

I'm not so sure he is. 

A psychopath is a mentally unstable individual that needs total control to achieve their goals. A psychopath has no regard for the harm, hurt or distress physically, emotionally or what the effects are in individuals or their families. A psychopath will pursue their objective, no matter what.

Signs of a Psychopath

Psychopathic traits may emerge during childhood and grow worse over time.5 The following are some of the most common signs of a psychopath.

Superficial Charm

Psychopaths are often likable on the surface. They’re usually good conversationalists, and they share stories that make them look good. They may be funny and charismatic as well.

Need for Stimulation

Psychopaths love excitement. They like to have constant action in their lives, and they frequently want to live in the "fast lane."

Pathological Lying

Psychopaths tell lies to look good and get out of trouble. But they also tell lies to cover up their previous lies. They have difficulty keeping their stories straight sometimes as they forget what they’ve said. If challenged by anyone, they simply change their story again or rework the facts to fit the situation.

Grandiose Sense of Self-Worth

Psychopaths have an inflated view of themselves. They see themselves as important and entitled. They often feel justified to live according to their own rules, and they think that the laws don’t apply to them.

Manipulative

Psychopaths are really good at getting other people to do what they want. They may play on a person’s guilt while lying to get someone else to do their work for them.

Lack of Remorse

Psychopaths don’t care how their behavior affects other people. They may forget about something that hurts someone, or they may insist that others are overreacting when their feelings are hurt. Ultimately, they don’t experience any guilt for causing people pain. In fact, they often rationalize their behavior and blame other people.

Shallow Affect

Psychopaths don’t show many emotions—at least not genuine ones. They may appear cold and unemotional much of the time. But when it serves them well, they might exhibit a dramatic display of feelings. These are usually short-lived and quite shallow.

For example, they may show anger if they can intimidate someone, or they might show sadness to manipulate someone. But they don’t really experience these emotions.

Lack of Empathy

Psychopaths struggle to understand how someone else might feel afraid, sad, or anxious. It just doesn’t make sense to them as they’re not able to read people. They’re completely indifferent to people who are suffering—even when it’s a close friend or family member.

Poor Behavioral Controls

Psychopaths struggle to follow rules, laws, and policies much of the time. Even if they set out to follow the rules, they usually don’t stick to them for long.

Lack of Realistic, Long-Term Goals

A psychopath’s goal might be to become rich or be famous. But quite often, they have little idea about how to make these things happen. Instead, they insist that somehow they’ll get what they want without putting in the effort to get there.

Impulsivity

Psychopaths respond to things according to the way they feel. They don’t spend time thinking about the potential risks and benefits of their choices. Instead, they want immediate gratification. So they may quit a job, end a relationship, move to a new city, or buy a new car on a whim.

Irresponsibility

Promises don’t mean anything to psychopaths. Whether they promise to repay a loan or sign a contract, they aren’t trustworthy. They may shrug off child support payments, get deeply in debt, or forget about obligations and commitments.

Psychopaths don’t accept responsibility for the problems in their lives. They see their issues as always being someone else’s fault. They frequently play the role of the victim and enjoy sharing stories about how others have taken advantage of them.

Edited from a Google search result. The edited bits were irrelevant in reference to sexual/paedophilia/ which I believe do no apply to him.

Edited by Parafox

Just now, I am Rod Hull said:

You`re welcome

Comedy gold....

It's not as funny as the fact that Brexiters and Trumpists, already a total joke, now have to forever contend with associations with a leader being likened to Hitler. 

Now that really is worth a laughing emoji. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm not so sure he is.

A psychopath is a mentally unstable individual that needs total control to achieve their goals. A psychopath has no regard for the harm, hurt or distress physically, emotionally or what the effects are in individuals or their families. A psychopath will pursue their objective, no matter what.

"a mentally unstable person especially a person having an egocentric and antisocial personality marked by a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and often criminal tendencies"

He's also I believe, a sociopath.

What are considered sociopathic (antisocial personality disorder) traits? Here are some of the potential signs and traits of a person with antisocial personality disorder and is taken from the Mind website:

• A lack of empathy for others
  • Little to no genuine remorse
  • The manipulation of other people
  • Lying and deceit
  • A sense of superiority over others
  • Little to no regard for right or wrong
  • The belief that rules do not apply to them
  • Getting into legal trouble or a little regard for the law
  • A lack of responsibility or engaging in irresponsible behaviours
  • Aggression or hostility
  • The exploitation of other people

Whichever way you look at it, he is a threat to world peace.

He is a megalomaniac and his at ease in suppressing anyone who has a differing view including those of his own countrymen.

• Like 1

At what point will the UN consider peacekeepers entering the Ukraine on the grounds of a humanitarian crisis? Or would they consider entering during such a conflict?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Needs a security council vote and Russia will just keep playing its veto 

That still melts my mind that a certified aggressor can veto a motion related to their actions

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Wow

Close this thread as well mods 

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

Meh, maybe a bit much. The guy's a twat though (I am Rod Hull, not Hitler or Putin). 

Easy boys please. I’d really like to know what’s happening and peoples thoughts on it as I’ve got a feeling this is going to impact on our lives ..  big style.  

• Like 1