Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gabriel Jesus isn't that good.

i’m not convinced he’s much better than what they have. He’s certainly worse than aubamayang, even if he did give up at the end 

better eye for goal than laca but not necessarily as good i’m all round play 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Most ManCity fans I see strongly disagree and say they're gutted he's leaving but understand he's not going to get first team football. His goal + assist to minute ratio is also pretty outstanding for them and amongst the very best in the league over the past few seasons.

Also easy to forget he's only just turned 25 only 3 or 4 weeks ago.

He's definitely an clear upgrade on Lacazette and a half-arsed doesn't-want-to-be-there Aubameyang, that's for sure.

Think starting every week in the PL, it's hard not to see him getting 20+ goals+assists. Already got 21 g+a in a season he started 21 matches a couple of seasons back - got 16 this season in 19 starts as well.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m not convinced he’s much better than what they have. He’s certainly worse than aubamayang, even if he did give up at the end 

better eye for goal than laca but not necessarily as good i’m all round play 

Could not disagree more with this. His all round game is superb and far better than Lacazette who is essentially a goal poacher with little else about him.

Jesus is as much of a creator as a goalscorer.

Looking at the ManCity forum, they're all gutted he's going but recognise he's far too good not to start every week and most would rather sell Sterling which says a lot.

Gabriel Jesus | Page 69 | Bluemoon - the leading Manchester City forum (bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk)

Things that always bother us in pre season but almost always end up not influencing the league:

- The star signings that the greedy 6 bring in. I.e everyone thought Man U had won the league after the Ronaldo signing. It turned out to be shit

- The crazy amount of incoming players the promoted teams bring in. Usually it means they take ages to gel and still go

down

- Wolves, West Ham, Brighton and Palace will on paper have good windows but it’ll be financed by selling an important player each. That way they end up neutral because they have small squads that burn out before the end of the season 

When the season starts we’ll see a resurgent Newcastle and Everton that will start the narrative about one of them winning the premier league, only for it to drop off at Christmas back into mid table mediocrity.

For us I can see anything from relegation to finishing top four. Really not sure what we’re about at the moment and that scares and excites me with equal measure. 

Edited by KFS

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Could not disagree more with this. His all round game is superb and far better than Lacazette who is essentially a goal poacher with little else about him.

Looking at the ManCity forum, they're all gutted he's going but recognise he's far too good not to start every week and most would rather sell Sterling which says a lot.

Gabriel Jesus | Page 69 | Bluemoon - the leading Manchester City forum (bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk)

I think you undersell lacazette ……he has looked much more a forager and creater this season than a goal scorer 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Does it matter though? He's decent and the support from world class players in the wings and midfield is there for any decent striker in this ManCity team. A fit, healthy Vardy would have scored 40+ goals a season in all competitions if he was a ST there. 

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Does it matter though? He's decent and the support from world class players in the wings and midfield is there for any decent striker in this ManCity team. A fit, healthy Vardy would have scored 40+ goals a season in all competitions if he was a ST there. 

The discussion is about him moving to Arsenal.

Jesus plays on the wing as much as up front as well. He’s not a traditional striker like Vardy.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Things that always bother us in pre season but almost always end up not influencing the league:

- The star signings that the greedy 6 bring in. I.e everyone thought Man U had won the league after the Ronaldo signing. It turned out to be shit

- The crazy amount of incoming players the promoted teams bring in. Usually it means they take ages to gel and still go

down

- Wolves, West Ham, Brighton and Palace will on paper have good windows but it’ll be financed by selling an important player each. That way they end up neutral because they have small squads that burn out before the end of the season 

When the season starts we’ll see a resurgent Newcastle and Everton that will start the narrative about one of them winning the premier league, only for it to drop off at Christmas back into mid table mediocrity.

For us I can see anything from relegation to finishing top four. Really not sure what we’re about at the moment and that scares and excites me with equal measure. 

The amount of money the top teams spent since we won the PL is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even count there the huge increase in wages. 

That said and after the inevitable failure of FFP, PL needs to introduce a salary cap. Otherwise more and more people will start to lose interest in the league. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The discussion is about him moving to Arsenal.

Jesus plays on the wing as much as up front as well. He’s not a traditional striker like Vardy.

My bad. I didn't see the discussion of a potential move to Arsenal. If that's the case I also can't see how he can improve Arsenal. 

Honestly think you guys are crazy. Because he wasn’t as good as Aguero (no one is) seems to have completely warped people’s opinion of Gabriel Jesus.

Saying “anyone can get all those goals and assists for ManCity” is a bit of a weird argument when his numbers over the past 3 or 4 years have been better than the likes of Sterling, Foden, Silva and Mahrez (up until this season).

He’s one of the best attacking players in the country and a clear upgrade on what Arsenal have up front and can only see him thriving playing every week.

We’d all be absolutely creaming ourselves if we signed him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Fair enough, I personally try to avoid watching them as much as I can so im certainly not the best judge of character on this one. 

But perhaps laca used to be a poacher, he certainly isnt any more. The guy is nowhere near anything these days 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

However you look at it, we caused a huge upset and have changed the game - for better or worse. 

When this kind of miracle/upset/surprise happens it's a big opportunity as an organisation/association to improve the game and apply further rules to allow more of the same. What they did instead? They've allowed more dirty money to come here. More money from the SA butchers. 

I’m quite happy for Man City to keep winning the league tbh. It’s denying Liverpool and Chelsea, which is great cause I can’t stand either of them.

Man City are very inoffensive and usually very good to watch. Delighted they’ve signed Haaland. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Asha said:

I’m quite happy for Man City to keep winning the league tbh. It’s denying Liverpool and Chelsea, which is great cause I can’t stand either of them.

Man City are very inoffensive and usually very good to watch. Delighted they’ve signed Haaland. 

Man City are annoying as fvck.

They are among the worse support, even when they come to our place they are nowhere near as other big clubs.... Unless they're singing about us sacking Ranieri of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City are annoying as fvck.

They are among the worse support, even when they come to our place they are nowhere near as other big clubs.... Unless they're singing about us sacking Ranieri of course.

You should definitely talk about Manchester City more often 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Asha said:

Maybe I am just a bitter fool but I think some of their fans are loathsome. Visiting there is horrible and twice I've lost my head there (once in the ground and once in a pub). 

They don't get much criticism for it but they are worse than Chelsea for hoarding talent with all the clubs they own. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Maybe I am just a bitter fool but I think some of their fans are loathsome. Visiting there is horrible and twice I've lost my head there (once in the ground and once in a pub). 

They don't get much criticism for it but they are worse than Chelsea for hoarding talent with all the clubs they own. 

Their fans that are near the away end are annoying, so annoying. I do my best to try and get tickets in the centre of the away end now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ttfn
On 12/05/2022 at 12:16, davieG said:

World Cup 2022: Key dates

• August 6: Premier League season starts
  • November 12/13: Final round of Premier League games before World Cup
  • November 21: World Cup starts
  • December 3/6: Round of 16
  • December 9/10: Quarter-finals
  • December 13/14: Semi-finals
  • December 18: World Cup final
  • December 26: Premier League resumes

I’d not quite appreciated there being 8 days between the PL pause and the World Cup starting. Not a lot of time for coaches.