Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

As the Premier League goes for us, I think we’re all ready to draw a line under 2021/22 and look forwards to 2022/23. We now know 19 of the participants, with Norwich and Watford being replaced by Fulham and Bournemouth.

A really interesting season ahead I think, a few big teams in need of a rebuild, including ourselves. We have Newcastle with the first summer window with their money, Man Utd with a new manager and lots of uncertainty at Chelsea.

It promises to be an interesting and exciting season ahead.

• Haha 1

Someone random wins it next season for me, not quite as nuts as when we did, but it’s ripe for a new name given the ridiculously long break and potential post World Cup tiredness/injuries. 

16 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

Hope next season’s kits are nice and fresh. I don’t own an LCFC jersey yet. Shipping is stupidly expensive across the pond.

Splash out mate. it’s an investment you won’t regret. It gets addictive though. 

39 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

Hope next season’s kits are nice and fresh. I don’t own an LCFC jersey yet. Shipping is stupidly expensive across the pond.

19/20 if you can find it on eBay is one of the best imo

53 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Someone random wins it next season for me, not quite as nuts as when we did, but it’s ripe for a new name given the ridiculously long break and potential post World Cup tiredness/injuries. 

This is where we'll have a massive advantage given Southgates hateboner for our players

Might as well have a bit of fun and make some predictions now, and come back this time next year to see how wrong I was. lol

Here goes. 2022-23! This is what will happen...

• Arsenal will be the surprise dark horse in the title race, and briefly go top sometime around the break for the blood money World Cup, but they'll lose out to Man City, who will eventually win the league at a canter.
  • Liverpool will drop off and end up in third or fourth
  • Man Utd will make up the other UCL place with Ten Hag binning off Maguire at the back and their form slowly improving as a result.
  • Chelsea will continue their decline and end up in a pissing contest with Spurs and one of "us" gatecrashers (Leicester, West Ham or Wolves) for the Europa League spot. They ultimately implode and finish 8th, supplanting Man Utd. as the new "banter club" of the league.
  • Someone outside the greedy six will win at least one of the domestic cups. Let's say... Palace. :dunno:
  • Whichever one of Leeds or Everton survives will be mired in a relegation battle once again.
  • Brighton and Crystal Palace will continue to tread water in mid-table. Brentford join the club.
  • The team promoted by the play-offs goes straight back down, but both Bournemouth and Fulham survive their first season back with respectable lower mid-table finishes.
  • Southampton go down, but don't suffer the indignity of losing by more than 6 goals this time around.
  • Golden boot is a toss-up between Diogo Jota and Ronaldo (if he's still there), or Haaland pips Jota if he does come to the Prem.
  • For us, as mentioned, it's a better season than this one, with us back to being in the mix for some sort of European qualification, but we ultimately end up empty-handed. Dewsbury-Hall emerges as a prospect for England, hopefully early enough to warrant making the World Cup squad.
  • Vardy has his last season as a major contributor for us, and nets double-figures again despite being an increasingly bit-part player. :cry:
  • We score a goal of the season contender.

League Winners - Man City

Top Four - Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd. and Liverpool

Europa League - Tottenham

Conference League - Wolves*, Crystal Palace

UCL Champions - Someone not from the EPL

Europa League Champions - Chelsea

Conference League Champions - Someone not from the EPL

Relegation - Southampton, Championship Playoff Winners, Leeds / Everton (depending on who survives).

FA Cup - Liverpool

League Cup - Crystal Palace

Golden Boot - Erling Haaland (or Diogo Jota if he doesn't come to the EPL).

Leicester will finish - 7th

LCFC Top Scorer - Vardy - 14
LCFC Player Of The Season - Wesley Fofana

World Cup Winner - France
England in World Cup - Semi-Finals

One thing I refuse to make a prediction on is regarding us and Europe, since we still potentially have Europa League football to look forward to - let's see what happens on Thursday in Rome first. I've been intentionally pessimistic about our league chances, but I do at least believe that our injury woes are hopefully behind us now, and that we can put out a full-strength side more regularly.
Please feel free to come back to this post and mock me incessantly when it proves to be complete bollocks. :brendan:

* - Regarding Wolves getting Europa from 6th, I assume there's a second slot for the 6th-place finisher rather than for the Europa League if someone below wins the League Cup. Our result in the Conference League doesn't affect any of this though.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

Hah - I still have my predicted league table for this season - OOPS for us and a couple of others... :(  Should I go for doom and gloom for us next season and hope I'm just as wrong? :P   I'm kinda agreeing with OntarioFox here, though I'll go for (head says Man City, something else says Liverpool for the league Cup, though any surprise winner non-big-6 winner would be great!), so I've just made us both wrong next season :D 

If anyone is interested as to what my predictions were for this season, (and a demonstration if anyone wants to know why I'm also cwap at FPL... :P ):

premier-league-table-2021-final-predictions.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We'll see you in about 12 months, which in your language is 3.5 managers.

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Back to General football and sports you go lol

Cruel but funny!

Hes ok is @Super_horns

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Bye ..

:dry:

Don’t worry, the Premier League 2023/24 thread will be around in no time.  :thumbup:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Hoping for a Forest or Luton play off win to at least make next season slightly interesting 

Huddersfield and Sheffield United aren't bad away days but it's nice to see little clubs like Luton and Forest get their crack at the big leagues.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Huddersfield and Sheffield United aren't bad away days but it's nice to see little clubs like Luton and Forest get their crack at the big leagues.

Both of them could go back down with a whimper

Id like to see sides like Man City slug it out at Kenilworth Road. Forest would definitely hold their own in the PL too

Playing in the PL isn’t all it’s cracked up to be after a few seasons. That’s not to say I want us to go down or anything. But it’s definitely the reason I’ve lost a lot of interest. Get a side like Luton or Forest up and it might spark it again 

• Like 1