Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Koke said:

We'll most likely batter them at home. We've destroyed far better teams than Notts Forest. Away at their place it'll probably have a Burnley feeling to it where we'll come unstuck.

Pretty fair prediction, that. They'll definitely be up for it again at their place.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

They don't care about us and I'll extend that the other way. 

Just another game but one that has a decent night out attached and isn't too bad on the petrol. 

They might say that, as they've been awful for best part of a quarter of a century, while we have...well. 

I think this whole "we don't care about them" will change next season. This season's cup game was a lovely prequel to it too – giving the players a bit of a chance for revenge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Before the season begins, can we just confirm the league title, and all other subsequent places are decided on the amount of points gained over the season? Just the 38 games, each playing each other once home and away?

It is not decided on XG, XGA, chances created, VAR decisions given/not given, highest attendance, aggregate score against teams, best defence, most goals scored overall.

The amount of different league tables I’ve seen at the end of this season, based on xy and g, Liverpool would have won the league, Leeds would have gone down, we would have qualified for Europe. It’s ridiculous, there’s only one stat that matters.

*Apologies for the old man post 

Isn't it based on if only goals be English players counted?

Seeing how unhinged some of our fans are over Forest moving up just makes me that much happier they are. Clubs and fans getting under each other’s skin is of the stuff of which good derbies are made.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf, VAR decisions do and have decided league places. We saw that in the play offs today. 

i always had a feeling that it would be impossible for these horror decisions to happen in a final. I just figured they’d have enough people paying attention to it to not allow for such horrendous mistakes.

From start to finish, it felt like there had been conversations about how important it was to have big old forest back. There’s no other excuse for it. 

it’s becoming hard to love a game that feels so corrupt to the core. I just don’t trust anything anymore 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Will be a cracking couple of fixtures vs Forest next season. Being in the same division, they won't quite have the same banana-skin feel to them, which I think will end up suiting us better. They'll be big games but I think our quality will show, providing we don't have as injury-ravaged a season.

100% guaranteed we still get embarrassed at their ground….. happens every ****ing time. 

Anyway, less of a negs.

I think we will have a good season next season. I think we will bring a few belters in, and return to the team we were gushing over pre Covid. Top six at the very least and I’m going to throw in a domestic trophy for good measure, hell, I think we will win the FA cup again, and pip spurs/arsenal to fourth place…..

Vardy will overtake Michael Owen, Daka will hit double figures in the PL, and we won’t concede from a corner all season. 

8 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf, VAR decisions do and have decided league places. We saw that in the play offs today. 

Technically, with no VAR yesterday the same result would have happened.

Where you can say VAR has advised to review a decision has decided league places, like Madders disallowed goal at OT.

It can never be successfully enforced whilst we have the overall human decision making which can and does lead to bias towards the big teams. Therefore I’ve come to the conclusion that it should be binned off for ‘clear and obvious errors’ but kept for offsides only where the decision should actually be ‘obvious’. (The PSG disallowed goal being the most high profile exception to this!)

Then we can complain against the on field decision once then move on, without the farce of things being checked for the refs mates to either back their decision or change it for the benefit of the big boys.

Edited by stu
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It was a good result. But it also directly resulted in "Deeney Day"

Without which we may never have had the Championship-winning season, the Great Escape or the Premier League title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stu said:

Technically, with no VAR yesterday the same result would have happened.

Where you can say VAR has advised to review a decision has decided league places, like Madders disallowed goal at OT.

It can never be successfully enforced whilst we have the overall human decision making which can and does lead to bias towards the big teams. Therefore I’ve come to the conclusion that it should be binned off for ‘clear and obvious errors’ but kept for offsides only where the decision should actually be ‘obvious’. (The PSG disallowed goal being the most high profile exception to this!)

Then we can complain against the on field decision once then move on, without the farce of things being checked for the refs mates to either back their decision or change it for the benefit of the big boys.

Always been my opinion on it, use it for offsides, nothing else.

• Like 1