Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Looking forward to a season of absolute normality.

First half of this season was almost completely ruined by Covid and matches being postponed left and right.

It certainly wont be normal. A month-6 week break for the world cup will ruin that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Hoping for a Forest or Luton play off win to at least make next season slightly interesting 

I can just see Middlesbrough sneak into the playoffs and win it. At which point I will be sick in my mouth. Having said that, I have never been to the Riverside so could tick that off. Been to Huddersfield, Sheff Utd, Luton and Forest.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I can just see Middlesbrough sneak into the playoffs and win it. At which point I will be sick in my mouth. Having said that, I have never been to the Riverside so could tick that off. Been to Huddersfield, Sheff Utd, Luton and Forest.

You're not missing much

Luton will legitimately feel like more of a local derby than the Birmingham / Black Country clubs if they come up. One train or one road, piece of piss.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Luton will legitimately feel like more of a local derby than the Birmingham / Black Country clubs if they come up. One train or one road, piece of piss.

Would love to see them come up. 

26 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The Hatters v's Clappers Derby.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Would love to see them come up. 

it would be amazing but I really don’t think they’ll be good enough to win the playoffs given the form of the others in the mix.

I  think we would offer them a fair few on loan if they made it up. It would be perfect for someone like iversen. it would be good to have a club we have close ties with make it 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it would be amazing but I really don’t think they’ll be good enough to win the playoffs given the form of the others in the mix.

I  think we would offer them a fair few on loan if they made it up. It would be perfect for someone like iversen. it would be good to have a club we have close ties with make it 

Yeah I think you are right about that, will be really difficult for them but you never know! got a bit of a soft spot for them after we signed JJ and how well they helped KDH with his development, I think Admiral Muskwe plays for them now as well. 

• Like 1

I think forest have been on such a good run and having watched the game last night they're still full of beans without doubt and unlucky given the decisions against them but I do feel they'll come up short. 

I think everything depends on how we do in Europe this season and what goes on with our injuries early next season. Add a bit of quality to the starting 11 and keep our big guns fit, if we don't have Europe to contend with then no reason we can't challenge for Europe. I'm optimistic. 

2 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah I think you are right about that, will be really difficult for them but you never know! got a bit of a soft spot for them after we signed JJ and how well they helped KDH with his development, I think Admiral Muskwe plays for them now as well. 

yep and leshabela was taken on trial to be considered for a loan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

:o wow, whatever you do, don't upset the lickle, ickle sensitive scousers.

I assume this 'sign on' song is the one that used to be sung 40 years ago. You know the one that goes 'and you'll never work.... again'. 

Tottenham Supporters' Trust condemns 'sign on' chants at Liverpool - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61376475

But it's okay for them to sing Yid Army!!!

Feck the Scousers.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

:o wow, whatever you do, don't upset the lickle, ickle sensitive scousers.

I assume this 'sign on' song is the one that used to be sung 40 years ago. You know the one that goes 'and you'll never work.... again'. 

Tottenham Supporters' Trust condemns 'sign on' chants at Liverpool - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61376475

Are we going to get this every time a tasteless song is chanted? 

Football fans in singing crap, outdated songs shocker.

• Like 1

World Cup 2022: Key dates

• August 6: Premier League season starts
  • November 12/13: Final round of Premier League games before World Cup
  • November 21: World Cup starts
  • December 3/6: Round of 16
  • December 9/10: Quarter-finals
  • December 13/14: Semi-finals
  • December 18: World Cup final
  • December 26: Premier League resumes
  • Like 2

Bit worried by Arsenal’s spending on Gabriel Jesus.

They spent massively last summer (£150m+) and look like they will again.

Gonna be tough for us to realistically compete with that and get back towards the top 6 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Gonna be tough for us to realistically compete with that and get back towards the top 6 

Its grim but in a way we made it happen. After our title win, many clubs historically considered as powerful took many seasons to recover from their rebuilding, further confused by the interloper (us), and clubs such as Arsenal, and perhaps Tottenham who have finally taken the plunge and seem to want to move to the next level (Unless Conte leaves) whereas yet others still haven`t, see Man Utd. The others, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City might have had a year off, but are pack firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They need to strengthen way more than that 

they will have CL football to support next year 

if they buy Jesus then presumably nketiah is the back up who will rotate with him.  Is he good enough ???

tbh, Jesus needs to show that he can shine away from the strange place that is Man City …..

Assume Saliba comes back to solidify their CB options 

they need more depth at full back 

tielemans will help their midfield pivot with partey/lokonga/xhaka 

so in addition to Jesus, they need YT and at least one more full back absolute minimum 

remember that they’ve had no euro football this season and got knocked out of the fa cup in round 3 

and they’re still not certain for top four with three games left …..