Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Christian Eriksen

Why do we think Eriksen would come here? If he wants family friendly atmosphere and less media attention, he already got it at Brentford. If he wants european football and competing at the top of the table, we do not look like a good choice either.

Also not sure how we could fit both him and Maddison in the line-up.

• Like 4

I think this is mostly about fans wanting a marquee player to come and play for us. We have Maddison and soon enough Braybrooke so we can do without. I wish him well mind you, he is a very good player.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think this is mostly about fans wanting a marquee player to come and play for us. We have Maddison and soon enough Braybrooke so we can do without. I wish him well mind you, he is a very good player.

"soon Braybooke" ... Kid is 18! I seriously hope he is on the fringes of the first team next season and breaks through, but think the more likely path will be a loan or two. Eriksen is 30 and will be lucky to get a three year contract with whoever he signs. I agree that club probably shouldn't be us, for a myriad of reasons, but the rise Braybooke isn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

"soon Braybooke" ... Kid is 18! I seriously hope he is on the fringes of the first team next season and breaks through, but think the more likely path will be a loan or two. Eriksen is 30 and will be lucky to get a three year contract with whoever he signs. I agree that club probably shouldn't be us, for a myriad of reasons, but the rise Braybooke isn't one of them.

Phil Foden was 17 on his debut, too many on here think 23 is a good age to make your debut like KDH.  If young Sammy shows he can do it , he is plenty old enough.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Phil Foden was 17 on his debut, too many on here think 23 is a good age to make your debut like KDH.  If young Sammy shows he can do it , he is plenty old enough.

Surely if Braybrooke was near to first team material he'd be getting minutes in the PL or the cups? I highly doubt he'll be in and around the first team squad for another couple of seasons, but I could be wrong (I was wrong about KDH, never thought he'd make it here).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

There is waiting until you are 23 and not recruiting a player in hopes that an 18-year-old without a professional minute played will regularly start next season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely if Braybrooke was near to first team material he'd be getting minutes in the PL or the cups? I highly doubt he'll be in and around the first team squad for another couple of seasons, but I could be wrong (I was wrong about KDH, never thought he'd make it here).

What I like about Braybrooke is that inspite of his small size he is not afraid to get stuck in. He could go on to be another Scholes or Modric. Nobody pushed them around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rodgers has already said he'll be going on loan next season, so unless he comes in to pre-season and massively impresses (capable) then he'll do a year in the lower leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

....if your good enough, your old enough, that was from a well respected manager!!!

There has been endless discussions on the up and coming academy players and the consensus, so far as I can see, is that he is not ready yet and his size and physicality are his weak points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if your good enough, your old enough, that was from a well respected manager!!!

There has been endless discussions on the up and coming academy players and the consensus, so far as I can see, is that he is not ready yet and his size and physicality are his weak points.

You shouldn't judge a player by his appearance otherwise Bremner and Strachan would never have got a chance.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Michael Owen was good enough at a very early age and was burnt out mid twenties

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...both mentally and physically stronger that Braybrooke at the moment, plus they were pretty good football players!!!

Bremner made his debut at 17 and 135 lbs. Braybrooke is a lot better than pretty good by the way.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Bremner made his debut at 17 and 135 lbs. Braybrooke is a lot better than pretty good by the way.

...I am a Sammy Braybrooke fan...he struggles with physicality in the U23s at the moment!!!

I do not think he is ready and he would probably say the same. There is no doubt about his quality and potential, he is just not ready yet.

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You shouldn't judge a player by his appearance otherwise Bremner and Strachan would never have got a chance.

It’s never as simple as  A+B= C 

I watch some 11 y o who are small and knock kids twice the size over and vice versa.  

small players can be very physical 

from what I’ve seen of braybrooke against his peers and also the older U23 age group, he needs to increase his core strength. He isn’t far away - whether he has the frame etc to spend time in the gym at the moment and whether it would provide what he needs I wouldn’t know 

I guess we’ll find out next season depending on whether we get him a loan or keep him in the U23. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Braybrooke is nowhere near ready for next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Braybrooke is nowhere near ready for next season. 

No my point was , we have Maddison now and Braybrooke to follow in a year or two. I would like to see him get some game time though. I am not so sure getting roughed up in Div. 1 would be good for his development myself. Liverpool shoved Harvey Elliott out on loan and he ended up with a bad injury. Some players need a bit more care. If the lad comes through he could save us a lot of money. KDH cost nothing and has to be valued at £20 to 30 million now.