Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Christian Eriksen

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he has got a second chance in life, don't let money determine how you choose to live it!!!

I hope he goes elsewhere, he

pretty much would not have given us a second glance before and this club has been associated with too much sadness off the pitch, and I  am not comfortable  seeing another tradegy unfold, whilst he is in this team.

Prertty depressing take on it tbh. 

On 12/05/2022 at 09:56, Foxes96 said:

I actually hope he sticks with Brentford in a weird way. They plumped for him when no one else would touch him, so would be good if he honoured that and stays there for another season at least.

Will also start regularly and be the main man there. Whereas he would likely be a Maddison replacement here. At his age and given his recent history it’s about playing and the love of the game and he’ll get that at Brentford.

If Tielemans goes, I think Eriksen would be a very like for like replacement. Defensively Tielemans has been very suspect this season and he's had some serious lapses, which Eriksen rarely has. But maybe you're right that there would be too much overlap between him and Maddison.

Playing deeper at Inter and virtually as a second striker for Denmark means he would be easily adaptable to multiple roles, giving us more flexibility.

On 12/05/2022 at 22:54, pmcla26 said:

Bowen is the only missed opportunity on that list really. The other 4 are very meh. Coutinho big wages, Benrahma average, Ings has done nothing this season and Adams is what he is. 

Isn't Bowen WHams best paid player? He's on hefty money if I remember correctly.

We will be in for him, it’s such an obviously good move for us, whether or not we can get him is another matter… think he may end up at spurs. I would guess he will will want European football again and will value that opportunity very highly given the limited time in his career and what has happened to him. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

We will be in for him, it’s such an obviously good move for us, whether or not we can get him is another matter… think he may end up at spurs. I would guess he will will want European football again and will value that opportunity very highly given the limited time in his career and what has happened to him. 

No transfer fee, so his agent will be looking at 150 grand a week. It could be done with Tielemans off the book but what we lack is the glamour and so do Brentford. A twelve month rolling contact with Spurs is most likely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No transfer fee, so his agent will be looking at 150 grand a week. It could be done with Tielemans off the book but what we lack is the glamour and so do Brentford. A twelve month rolling contact with Spurs is most likely.

No chance in 1000 moons are Brentford paying anyone over 100k. So I doubt thats his demands if they are in the running. 

80k I would say with everything that has happened and his age.  With a nice sign on bonus of around 5m. 

The wage structure is very sensitive, so you level it with other fees. Imagine what toney would request if they gave him 150k ? Who btw is currently on about 20k a week. 

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

Amazing if this happens 

It would be but I think we have missed the boat. I must admit I had doubts when he came back but the way he has thrown off the cobwebs and got back to his best is commendable. If we did get good money for Youri and could get him in on a rolling 12 month deal for example that would be a canny bit of transfer business. My biggest reservation is are their other positions that are higher priority for the transfer kitty and would this jeopardise those. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-eriksen-leicester-city-transfer-7111795

Not sure how it will.come out but I'm shit at copying the text so here goes.

Christian Eriksen sends hint on future amid Leicester City transfer interest

We can hope.

If he wants regular football we are better than Brentford.

If he wants to win things we are better than Tottenham.

If he wants more regular football we are a better bet than Tottenham.

I'm going all in.

chrome_screenshot_1653153394770.png

So he's hinting at playing at a higher level than Brentford. That would rule us out I feel, as we haven't qualified for Europe.

Could be Spurs, if they're interested, or more likely Man Utd with an Ajax coach at the helm.

On 21/05/2022 at 13:21, gw_leics772 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-eriksen-leicester-city-transfer-7111795

Not sure how it will.come out but I'm shit at copying the text so here goes.

Christian Eriksen sends hint on future amid Leicester City transfer interest

We can hope.

If he wants regular football we are better than Brentford.

If he wants to win things we are better than Tottenham.

If he wants more regular football we are a better bet than Tottenham.

I'm going all in.

chrome_screenshot_1653153394770.png

Didn’t they just qualify for the champions league?

It’s a solid no from me. I don’t want to be signing players like Eriksen. I’m sure he will probably stay at Brentford anyway, but I don’t think he’s the player we need to take us forward. He’s a good player on his day, but not something we need in my opinion. 

• Like 1

He'd be a great fit, especially if Youri goes, but it would be a short term option rather than a longer term replacement. Feel like an older head in the starting 11 wouldn't necessarily hurt us though.