Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

He's saying he knows nothing of the rumours or interest, so somethings a miss there. His agent has turned the contract offers down without telling him after we'd accepted offers? Hmmmmm.

I think what goes against us is that he barely played last season and the Sanish manager still picked him so he probably doesn't care. Really hope the Danish manager pushes more.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He's saying he knows nothing of the rumours or interest, so somethings a miss there. His agent has turned the contract offers down without telling him after we'd accepted offers? Hmmmmm.

I think what goes against us is that he barely played last season and the Sanish manager still picked him so he probably doesn't care. Really hope the Danish manager pushes more.

I think it's safe to assume he's talking bollocks mate. Doesn't look good for him to openly admit he's turning down a starting role at a Prem club because he doesn't want to miss out on the wages we're paying him here in a World Cup year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Also goes against us that Christensen is probably their first choice and at this rate he's not going to be playing for anyone.

That and the fact Kjaer, Christensen and  Andersen are probably ahead of him so the likelihood he starts is probably low so he might not have the motivation to go full out knowing he's not likely to displace that trio.

25 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Would you take a pay cut to go and do the same job somewhere else? I know I wouldn't 

If it gave me a chance to achieve more and didn't have a huge impact on being able to afford my bills (and that's not something that any premier league footballer needs to worry about) then yes

22 minutes ago, nettle said:

Who the hell made the decision to sign this guy.

Whoever he was / they were, should be toast.  How many companies would keep an employee who wasted that amount of cash??  FT had this vision all in focus but the Recruitment Team’s screens were switched off.  I hope Top calls for a stewards.

Guest itude
29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who wrote this bit, his Mum?

Not the Southampton fans for sure. I had a look at their equivalent before all this happened. They all knew he and Bertrand were shot, seems "we " did not.That is real bad of our "team"

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Whoever he was / they were, should be toast.  How many companies would keep an employee who wasted that amount of cash??  FT had this vision all in focus but the Recruitment Team’s screens were switched off.  I hope Top calls for a stewards.

Yeah, exactly, time he got tough !

25 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If it gave me a chance to achieve more and didn't have a huge impact on being able to afford my bills (and that's not something that any premier league footballer needs to worry about) then yes

Put yourself in his shoes as a professional footballer. It's a short career, he's got about 15 years or so to earn enough to last him a lifetime after retiring. It's not fair to blame him, it was Rodgers that wanted him and the club that offered him silly money, so blame them. Vestergaard is doing what anyone else would do if they were in his position at his age.

Another point worth considering is that he probably believes he is good enough to break into the first team, hence why he has said he wants to stay and fight for his place. 

I cannot believe two (2) PL clubs were stupid enough to come in for him. What is even worse is that he is probably about sixth choice here, when you include Ndidi, Castagne and Justin (who tbf are probably above him in the pecking order). 

Him not leaving to play football and stay here on big wages demonstrates a huge lack of ambition on his part. Fvck him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Put yourself in his shoes as a professional footballer. It's a short career, he's got about 15 years or so to earn enough to last him a lifetime after retiring. It's not fair to blame him, it was Rodgers that wanted him and the club that offered him silly money, so blame them. Vestergaard is doing what anyone else would do if they were in his position at his age.

Another point worth considering is that he probably believes he is good enough to break into the first team, hence why he has said he wants to stay and fight for his place. 

The average premier league player earns a fortune though. Average wage per week is near double the UK median wage. They earn about as much per year post tax as the average person will earn in a working life pre tax 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The average premier league player earns a fortune though. Average wage per week is near double the UK median wage. They earn about as much per year post tax as the average person will earn in a working life pre tax 

Exactly, I've said much the same.  The idea it's a short career and they need to maximise earnings is now a nonsense.  None of these chaps will need to buy a pub to run after they retire, more likely a yacht.

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Rudkin

13 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I cannot believe two (2) PL clubs were stupid enough to come in for him. What is even worse is that he is probably about sixth choice here, when you include Ndidi, Castagne and Justin (who tbf are probably above him in the pecking order). 

Him not leaving to play football and stay here on big wages demonstrates a huge lack of ambition on his part. Fvck him.

On the flip side we gave him a big contract and he thinks he's good enough to at least get ahead of Amartey rather than dropping down to a relegation fighting team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

The average premier league player earns a fortune though. Average wage per week is near double the UK median wage. They earn about as much per year as the average person will earn in a working life.  

I appreciate that and completely understand that the state of finances in football is absolutely ridiculous nowadays. But why is that? What has drove football to go this way? Again, not really the fault of any individual player. When earning millions a year is the norm, why accept an average lifestyle post retirement? People get used to a particular way of living, and it's only human nature to try and preserve that same quality of life. I don't think it's possible for a millionaire to even know how to live an average life. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

On the flip side we gave him a big contract and he thinks he's good enough to at least get ahead of Amartey rather than dropping down to a relegation fighting team. 

This is indeed the flip side, you are right that it is massively our fault. 

Just frustrates me though. He’s on 70k a week, he has been offered probably around 40-50k to go and play regular football in London. He really hasn’t been hard done by. 

16 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I appreciate that and completely understand that the state of finances in football is absolutely ridiculous nowadays. But why is that? What has drove football to go this way? Again, not really the fault of any individual player. When earning millions a year is the norm, why accept an average lifestyle post retirement? People get used to a particular way of living, and it's only human nature to try and preserve that same quality of life. I don't think it's possible for a millionaire to even know how to live an average life. 

It's not his fault we gave him a ridiculous contract but between being comfortably rich for life & reaching the heights of your profession (playing at a World Cup) or just being slightly more comfortably rich while doing nothing... Professional pride you take the first one

Seems likely that relegation clauses will have played a big part. Any newly promoted team is going to put wage reductions in there, so aside from probably being offered a lower wage, there's probably the next kick in the balls if they got relegated. Don't think we'd agree to subsidise that so not in his interests. Also maybe getting a release clause on relegation would be discussed and they don't agree on the number.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He'll wait it out and get a loan, thereby protecting his pay packet. Best we'll be able to hope for is an option to buy. 

It’s the best option for him financially, I guess.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's not his fault we gave him a ridiculous contract but between being comfortably rich for life & reaching the heights of your profession (playing at a World Cup) or just being slightly more comfortably rich while doing nothing... Professional pride you take the first one

This would be a strong argument for a German, Italian, French international because they would actually have a realistic chance of winning the world cup. However, I don't believe for a minute that the professional ceiling for a Danish footballer is to play in a competition they have realistically got no chance of winning.