Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps he’d rather not uproot his family again. These people are humans as well. 

And he’ll get to spend a lot of time with them in November and December while Denmark is at the World Cup.

Work/life balance lol

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So he's wants to sit on the bench for 3 years because the money we pay pay him is more, doesn't he realize the financial problems he's causing this club

A. Yes

B. Why should he care? They offered him the deal, he accepted it, not his problem if they can’t afford it now

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Does it happen in real life (as in, not on Football Manager) where a selling club can pay some of the wages in order to help a move progress? So Fulham could pay him £60k/w, and we only fork out £20k/w? 

Probably not viable in our situation, but just wondered if it was even an option. Mind you, we'll probably never know even if it does happen lol 

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

And he’ll get to spend a lot of time with them in November and December while Denmark is at the World Cup.

Work/life balance lol

In some 5 star luxury pad, no wonder he doesn’t mind not playing. We could do with him having a good World Cup, bu. Can see why he isn’t bothered about not going, I’d like to plan 5 weeks off if I was earning 10 grand a day

20k per week is roughly £1m.  Take £1m off the transfer fee give it to Vesty along with a clock and wish him all the best.

it’s that or play a deep back 4 with cover, build a team around him, win the league and then flog to an unsuspecting team for £80m or so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why should we subsidize his salary?

It's not a loan, he's never coming back here!

So we don’t have to pay £80k/wk for someone who isn’t going to play. Saving us circa £3m a year. 

Why should he take a wage cut through no fault of his own? We offered him the contract, the buck stops with the club not Vestergaard unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

This guy is our version of Andy Carroll isn’t he. A late in the deadline panic buy who isn’t up to it and you struggle to shift on. 

I don’t actually blame the poor bloke either. I blame the idiot who sanctioned it knowing our playing style. I remember at the time thinking he might be a replacement for Evans long term as he has that presence, isn’t the quickest and is good with his feet. Actually… could he be? 🤣 

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps he’d rather not uproot his family again. These people are humans as well. 

If he's as quick at life admin as he is on the pitch, he's probably not even told the missus about the move to Leicester yet

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This guy is our version of Andy Carroll isn’t he. A late in the deadline panic buy who isn’t up to it and you struggle to shift on. 

I don’t actually blame the poor bloke either. I blame the idiot who sanctioned it knowing our playing style. I remember at the time thinking he might be a replacement for Evans long term as he has that presence, isn’t the quickest and is good with his feet. Actually… could he be? 🤣 

This was my thought, that he was also cover for an injury ravaged Jonny, but I was so wrong. :blush: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Does it happen in real life (as in, not on Football Manager) where a selling club can pay some of the wages in order to help a move progress? So Fulham could pay him £60k/w, and we only fork out £20k/w? 

Probably not viable in our situation, but just wondered if it was even an option. Mind you, we'll probably never know even if it does happen lol 

Happens a lot doesn't it, pretty sure Danny Mills spoke about having pay coming in from different clubs. 

Or you'll hear ex pro's who managers wanted out saying they'll go to whatever club is interested if they get paid up (not released), so assuming they could possibly give him a lump sum to make up the difference.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yes it does happen, essentially we could have used £3m of the £11m transfer fee to make Vestergaard not lose out but more importantly to us we'd have saved £80k a week, booked £8m profit to our accounts and only amortised £5m as part of his £15m tra sfer over his 3 year contract. So in terms of FFP that would have reduced things by around £7m for the year.