Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

I’m wondering if this is all a matter of pride for Vestergaard, or if it’s just a case of Fulham not being good enough.

if he  leaves now then he could be labeled a failure, which he’ll hate… going to Fulham would potentially mean  a relegation battle all season long and who is going to want so sign a 32 year old defender just relegated from the premier league? Possibly no one in the prem will.

looking  objectively, it was the wrong move for him and it would take a good safe move for him to overlook being seen as a failure, imho

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

To be fair if Leicester paid me 5x my worth for my Information Technology services and chose not to have me do anything then i'd be a man of honour and stay loyal to them.  Good times and bad. :)

I aint getting paid that much ever again soooo lol

...they would be paying you the money because they think so highly of you as an employee, an asset, and as a person!!!

Paying you that wage as a matter of course,  only shows that this is a poorly run club, in certain positions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLAN said:

I fear for the reaction he gets if he comes on for us.  He’s certainly the villain currently 

Well he did say we had passionate fans.

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He'll wait it out and get a loan, thereby protecting his pay packet. Best we'll be able to hope for is an option to buy. 

I wouldn't even entertain it if I was in charge. If he thinks he can turn down two moves, and then demand a loan to get playing time for the world cup, he can go and rot on one of the many training pitches we have. If we're going to be paying him, lets ruin him as well. This is where the club needs some balls

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m wondering if this is all a matter of pride for Vestergaard, or if it’s just a case of Fulham not being good enough.

if he  leaves now then he could be labeled a failure, which he’ll hate… going to Fulham would potentially mean  a relegation battle all season long and who is going to want so sign a 32 year old defender just relegated from the premier league? Possibly no one in the prem will.

looking  objectively, it was the wrong move for him and it would take a good safe move for him to overlook being seen as a failure, imho

he’s not going to get more offers spending a season on the bench 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

But Vestergaard remains determined to prove his doubters wrong. 

“It has gone well in the pre-season for me,” he adds. “And it is great that, unlike last year, after the Euros, I have had a full and good preparation for the season.  

...I  was watching him in pre-season in the last game sitting on the bench behind Rodgers!!!

He was so glum, he had his head resting on his right hand supported by his balled up fist, and he was constantly shifting positions. There is nothing about his demeanour which suggested he is happy to be here.

You would think his contract is uppermost in his mind, and daily training without game time in this short period before the World Cup suits him fine. He will have nothing else to consider in the short term, and the possibility of a favourable move after the tournament is where he wants it to be.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Going clockwise here.

1. Ranieri

2. Demarai Gray??

3. Danny Simpson

4. Riyad Mahrez

5. Andy King??

6. Christian Fuchs without eyes?

7. Ian Stringer??

8. Jamie Vardy

9. A dog?

7.) is Drinkwater and 8.) Is Steve Mcmanananaman 

A rough guide to our CBs according to Foxestalk :: Evans ,getting old and sure to be injured , Fofana , may have to be sold for financial stability , Amartey , not good enough needs to go , Soyuncu , past it already and contract nearly up , Vestergaard , definitely not good enough , get rid immediately. Looking good aint't it. We have two whole weeks to perform a miracle. However it might be the end of the world but I feel fine. We'll manage I suppose.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A rough guide to our CBs according to Foxestalk :: Evans ,getting old and sure to be injured , Fofana , may have to be sold for financial stability , Amartey , not good enough needs to go , Soyuncu , past it already and contract nearly up , Vestergaard , definitely not good enough , get rid immediately. Looking good aint't it. We have two whole weeks to perform a miracle. However it might be the end of the world but I feel fine. We'll manage I suppose.

Let’s see if we are saying that in 3 weeks or maybe even 4.45pm tomorrow - not signing players and having no pace in attacking areas is sending us backwards ….teams are not frightened of us and I fear a poor start is imminent ….

• Like 2

Guest itude
1 hour ago, MPH said:

Some Turkish club of course, for nothing....of course

Vesty off you pop to Watford or Fulham you little bugger stop being a little sh1 T and go leave walk out the door don’t turn around now cause you’re not welcome anymore !!:ph34r:

I think if he still digs his feet in I can see Brendan sticking him with the kids to train but he needs to realise if he wants to play football and for Denmark he needs to go somewhere he can get regular first team football and it’s not here Kaspers little Danish friend !

20 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

"He didn’t want that opportunity. He wanted to stay."

Can hear a bit of annoyance in that

Understandable really, he was only ever cover whilst we were in Europe - now it’s just dead wages and a drain 

shame he hasn’t got any professional pride 

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Understandable really, he was only ever cover whilst we were in Europe - now it’s just dead wages and a drain 

shame he hasn’t got any professional pride 

Initially the talk was that he needed to play regularly if he wanted to go to the World Cup. Starting to look that he's not too bothered.

• Like 1