Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So obviously not matching our wages.

Not really rocket science.

If we wanted him gone could we not just reduce the fee so the buying club could pay the wages? 

Although I suppose that would appear a negative on this new ffp ruling so it may be that

As I keep saying, it’s really common for clubs to contribute to wages when a player leaves. If we really want him gone that bad, we won’t struggle to pay 20/30% of them for a couple of years as that will still save us millions and allow us to sign replacements that we actually want. There is most likely another reason, probably just not liked the clubs that have come in for him so far. 

31 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apparently he’s turned down two clubs…

Determination? Fvck off. 

He loves his country and wants to play in a world cup but not if it means earning a measly 50k a week instead of 70k a week. 

Footballer priorities. 

• Like 2

We were the ones stupid enough to give him such a contract and he’s well within his rights to make us honour it. 

Hopefully a deal can be reached, even if we have to subsidise 25k pw for the rest of his contract. 

• Like 4

I keep saying we need to get nastier with some of them to get them out. Players don't have to be sold against their will but trying to fight for your place when you've been told you have no future here is possibly futile. 

He'll end up going to Turkey on loan after our transfer window has shut 😫

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Him not going might well cost us getting in the elusive right winger we so badly need, therefore I hope he's made to play on the wing so we can hate him even more.

Ormondroyd 2.0 reporting for duty. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep saying we need to get nastier with some of them to get them out. Players don't have to be sold against their will but trying to fight for your place when you've been told you have no future here is possibly futile. 

He'll end up going to Turkey on loan after our transfer window has shut 😫

Assuming his wife wants to move to Turkey ……..

I think it has to be about money 

we are contacted to pay another two years.  He is presumably wanting us to cover the wage difference for both those years and perhaps we only want to cover one of them.  they may also be deliberately offering him a lowish wage because they have been told by his agent that we are going to cover off the difference! 

and sorry to anyone who clicked because this thread has gone hot !

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Determination? Fvck off. 

He loves his country and wants to play in a world cup but not if it means earning a measly 50k a week instead of 70k a week. 

Footballer priorities. 

Yet footballers on Radio and TV tell us its not all about the money 🤥

• Like 1