Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

I think he suits european football better than our blood and thunder game, at least at CB.  I think he could also play DMC somewhere but not here.

I remember when he peaked at Southampton, it wasn't very long, maybe half a season. We should try to remember he was fashionable for a bit, which I guess was when we formed a view.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Vestergaard might not be our favourite but I think he needs our support rather than the personal vitriol he gets. It will help him play better. He can actually be very good if played to his strengths. 

Unfortunately playing to his strengths would mean we abandon Rodgers' preferred high press style in favour of a low block. I can't see us completely overhauling our tactics to accommodate one player.

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Vestergaard might not be our favourite but I think he needs our support rather than the personal vitriol he gets. It will help him play better. He can actually be very good if played to his strengths. 

Which we won’t do because Brendan is inflexible. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Unfortunately playing to his strengths would mean we abandon Rodgers' preferred high press style in favour of a low block. I can't see us completely overhauling our tactics to accommodate one player.

What high pressing style is that? Rodgers style is tippy tappy backwards and sideways in his own half (the rumour is he thinks he's controlling the game). It's us that get pressed. Just because Rodgers says something doesn't necessarily mean it's true or happening. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks what Conte did with the players who he didn't want in his squad.

Winks, Reguilon, Lo Celso and Ndombele weren't included in the overseas tour and then got banished from training with the other squad players when they came back and couldn't train in the new training ground.

It certainly has worked with only Winks left who nobody wants.... Reguilon will probably go in a few days, talks are ongoing.

While Vestergaard jokingly trains with the rest of the players and doesn't seem the slightest concern that he's not wanted here.

I know we are a family oriented club but we seem to be seen as soft by everyone

I'd put very good money on him rocking up here on deadline day if Youri goes. He is a Rodgers player through and through. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'd put very good money on him rocking up here on deadline day if Youri goes. He is a Rodgers player through and through. 

Everton were interested in Winks last month and their fans kicked up abit of a fuss on social media and they had a mini riot on their forum which resulted in Lampard saying Winks isn't the player he wants and the club doesn't want him 😂

12 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

You mean shit then 🤔😂

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everton were interested in Winks last month and their fans kicked up abit of a fuss on social media and they had a mini riot on their forum which resulted in Lampard saying Winks isn't the player he wants and the club doesn't want him 😂

He's got all the hallmarks of a Rodgers player. He's an English Joe Allen. Literally all he does is 'recycle' the ball well and nothing else. 

Even if we kicked off it wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dames said:

He's got all the hallmarks of a Rodgers player. He's an English Joe Allen. Literally all he does is 'recycle' the ball well and nothing else. 

Even if we kicked off it wouldn't change a thing.

I think it's something we're all secretly a little fearful might happen! 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Do other managers change the way a team plays for one player?

This high line thing doesn't suit Jonny or Dan either , so Caglar will be the only one with the athleticism to play it properly. Time for Rodgers to put his pegs in the right shaped holes.

If nobody takes him, we have to hope he raises his game. I've seem him block shots, throw himself in the way when we've had problems clearing it in the box but he hasn't got a pass or an inch of composure in his game. I keep hoping he'll be like 2nd season Soyuncu who went from looking lost and not speaking the lingo to the Turkish Van Dijk.  The likelihood is he just carries on being the Danish Coatsworth.

Edited by iancognito

47 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Do other managers change the way a team plays for one player?

I can think of a few, can’t you?

He’s in the bracket of Messi, Ronaldo, ahh Fuch it. 

It isn’t changing it just for him, it’s changing the team shape for the good of our football. You can’t seriously say our current setup if working well?